Best POV From Each Book

SuperMario

AGOT: Ned, self explanatory really. Catelyn is a decent runner up.

ACOK: Tyrion, uncontested. Davos is decent too.

ASOS: Catelyn, albeit it's kinda hard to choose. Arya has a good PoV for once, and Jaime is OK.

AFFC: Jaime, who's about the only really enjoyable PoV in there besides the trainwreck that his sister is.

ADWD: Theon, of course. Jon also starts to get interesting in that book, too.

Great topic

AGOT-Gotta give it to Ned

ACOK-Tyrion/Arya, if forced to choose I'd give it to Tyrion

ASOS- I'm very tempted to say Jaime, however Tyrion has so many awesome chapters. He's the POV for the PW, Mountain vs Red Viper and his killing of Twyin. Those are some of my favorite chapters in my favorite book, but Jaime's chapters are also some of my favorite. I'm going to call it a tie between the two of them. Jon and Catelyn get some consideration here, but they aren't as consistent as Jaime/Tyrion for me.

AFFC- It's a 3 way tie with Jaime, Arya and Cersei for me. I agree with others that Arianne's are excellent, especially The Princess in the Tower which is maybe my favorite of the book, but it's hard to pick her when she has 2 chapters.

ADWD-Theon/Reek has to take this, but Davos is an extremely close 2nd. His chapters at White Harbor were phenomenal.

The great thing about Tyrion's chapters in ASOS is you don't have to like the character for them to be your favorite in the book. He witnesses/causes the death of two of the most hated characters in Tywin and Joffrey, and also witnesses, IMO, the greatest fight scene in the series so far. The Mountain vs the Viper is probably my favorite chapter in the book and my reasons have little to do with Tyrion.

AGOT: Ned

ACOK: Tyrion

ASOS: Jon

AFFC: Jaime

ADWD: Theon

I'm surprised about the lack of Jon Snow in people's answers. Especially his ASOS arc. I really enjoyed it.

Yea Jon is one of my favorite characters, but it's just hard to pick him over the likes of Jaime, Tyrion, Catelyn, etc in ASOS. Jaime goes from hated to fan favorite, Tyrion is in the center of all KL's action and Catelyn is the POV for the RW.

Archived