Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

"Fire and cheese" [emoji38]

Blood and cheese was an incident during the Dance of Dragons. After Rhaenyra Targaryen's (one of the claimants of the Iron Throne) son Prince Lucerys was killed by supporters of Aegon II Targaryen (the rival claimant), her husband Daemon (Lucery's stepfather) swore revenge - "a son for a son" .

So he hired two criminals called "Blood and Cheese" to infiltrate the Red Keep, where they ambushed Aegon's wife and two young sons. They told her they were there to "collect a debt," and asked which son she wanted to lose. Forced to choose, the poor woman chose to keep the eldest one. But then they killed him and left her with the younger son instead, just to fuck with her more. This all happened with Aegon's mother Queen Alicent tied up on the bed as well

This is fucking genius. I'm only a fifth way done with ACOK, I can't wait for this.

I've got two good ones. First, the Skagosi eating EVERYONE on Skane. Next, Aerys II dealing with the Darklyns. How does one pull the lady parts from a woman? By turbo charged tractor?

Red hot pincers.

Nothing is even close?

So being taken prisoner by your own son, thinking the boy that you gave birth to will show you mercy, only to have him order your eyelids, tongue, nose, and ears removed with hot pincers and then being shipped back to your family isn't close?

And all you did to deserve it was teach your first born son, the little shit's elder, that maybe his people should try to peacefully coexist with the world and not reave and pillage.

When I started this thread, I didn't mean to equate "most despicable" with "worst". What was done to Lelia is by no means the worst thing in this world of horrors. That it was done by *her own son* makes it one of the most despicable.

I definitely think the crucifixion of the children by the Meereenese is the worst one.

But some other despicable things that should be mentioned are even though they aren't the absolute worst

Theon killing his son/s

The incident with Tysha

Joffery's treatment of Sansa

All the things the Mountain does

All of the things Ramsey does

What Tywin did to the Reynes

Flipping heck, this is a depressing thread :shocked:

This is fucking genius. I'm only a fifth way done with ACOK, I can't wait for this.

That isn't in Clash, or any of the other books of the mainline series. That's in the Princess and the Queen, which is a side story covering the Dance of Dragons.

You know what's despicable?

What happened to Elia and her children....

...and that the World Book suggests (probably by Pycelle, the biggest Tywin apologist ever) that Elia killed them herself.

Yep. What happened to Aegon, Rhaenys, and Elia was monstrous but sadly par for the course when it comes to Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch.

Pycelle having the gall to suggest that Elia was responsible herself is, well, despicable.

We don't know that Theon killed his sons. The book said he slept with the Miller's wife only a few times. Im sure the Miller slept with his wife more than Theon, and thus more likely the kids were his own. Maybe one of them was Theon's?

Knowing GRRM it is certainly a possibility

We don't know that Theon killed his sons. The book said he slept with the Miller's wife only a few times. Im sure the Miller slept with his wife more than Theon, and thus more likely the kids were his own. Maybe one of them was Theon's?

Knowing GRRM it is certainly a possibility

Whilst we can't be 100% sure the miller womans daughters were his sons without a DNA test haha, Martin sure has left a lot of clues to the fact that they were, or at least one was. and yeah, based on their ages it was likely just one son was Theons. But that is still enough to become a kinslayer and be cursed to flaying, as happened to the Stark son of Bael the Bard.

“Aye,” she said, “but the gods hate kinslayers, even when they kill unknowing. When Lord Stark returned from the battle and his mother saw Bael’s head upon his spear, she threw herself from a tower in her grief. Her son did not long outlive her. One o’ his lords peeled the skin off him and wore him for a cloak.”

Here you can find a really compelling case http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Kinslayer.html

My vote is they way Aegon the unworthy treated his wife, many atrocities in the previous posts were either brutal but out of necessary or out of revenge or the wary Lords treated his enemies, but how Aegon IV treated his wife was completely uncalled for and unforgivable, Naerys must be the unfortunate queen in the Westero history

My vote is they way Aegon the unworthy treated his wife, many atrocities in the previous posts were either brutal but out of necessary or out of revenge or the wary Lords treated his enemies, but how Aegon IV treated his wife was completely uncalled for and unforgivable, Naerys must be the unfortunate queen in the Westero history

Rhaella, Alysanne, Helaena, Jaehaera, Rhaenys and Alicent Hightower could all be contenders for that title.

Dunk defeating a well beyond 45 year´s old Lyonel Baratheon... you either fight this major badass in his prime or you don´t... man i have mad respect for dunk the lunk but c´moooon...

DESPICABLE (exaggerating a bit, but there´s so many that if i say one, i´ll regret it later for an even worse act)

There is no point to the two boys being Theon's sons. It's a dumb crackpot

Except you know, adding an extra layer to Theon's character and guilt. Oh, wait that's a very good reason. It's impossible for both to be his sons and we'll never know if either of them really was, but the possibility is there. Both for us and Theon and it just adds more salt to his wounds.

Archived