Daenerys big secret

Himura

Honestly, she sees the house of the red door as a house, a big one, but not a palace. I don't think she was there at all, I think the house of red door is in Dorne to be honest.

Viserys should of recalled something then, he was 13 when they got kicked out of said house. Though often times people consider the Red door symbolic of more than one thing or often a metaphor. Which it can also be without changing where she actually lived.

Honestly, she sees the house of the red door as a house, a big one, but not a palace. I don't think she was there at all, I think the house of red door is in Dorne to be honest.

She didn't live in the palace but a house, with Viserys and Willem Darry. If they had been under the protection of the Sealord, they wouldn't have been thrown away in first place.

Oh no, not the Lemon tree again. Well funny thing Dany keeps finding trees in places where trees should not exist. Braavos the lemon tree. The Red Waste the Peach Tree, and Meereen where trees do not grow she has her very own Persimmon tree at the top of her pyramid. Wow look 3 trees with Dany what a shock. It's almost like 3 is a repetitive theme with her. I think Martin must have forgotten to address the Planetos agricultural almanac, it's like he thinks it's a fantasy or something.

I never noticed that about the persimmon tree and pear tree as growing in unusual places, or rather never noted the symbolism. Interesting.

Arya would be more of the sneaky little lizard that shoots Newman in the face with poison..but a v-rap would be awesome.

Saying that Braavos doesnt have fresh water or soil suitable to grow plants is ridiculous. Do they exist on meat alone? If so, what do the cows eat?

Its a city built on stone, but its not entirely lacking in soil. They have to get grain and vegetables from somewhere, and its doubtful they would be able to import vegetables and food and WATER entirely from the outside. In short, a city could not exist with no viable vegetation.

Like others have said, its not that hard to grow a lemon tree in a non native habitat. You cannot have outdoor groves like they do in Dorne, or say, Florida, but you can certainly grow a single tree/bush inside a home. You dont need a ton of sunlight either. For example, I have a meyer lemon tree in Boston, indoors, and do not artificially light it. So.....its not that crazy that she had one in her home, if that is the crazy sticking point to the theory.

I think this house is in Dorne, just saying, I know it sounds really Preston Jacobs, but in this point I agree with him, it's odd and the lemon tree can be relevant about Daenerys' memories

And why Quaithe keep telling her to remember who she truly is?

Isn't that prove that Daenerys isn't the person she thinks she is?

Oh no, not the Lemon tree again. Well funny thing Dany keeps finding trees in places where trees should not exist. Braavos the lemon tree. The Red Waste the Peach Tree, and Meereen where trees do not grow she has her very own Persimmon tree at the top of her pyramid. Wow look 3 trees with Dany what a shock. It's almost like 3 is a repetitive theme with her. I think Martin must have forgotten to address the Planetos agricultural almanac, it's like he thinks it's a fantasy or something.

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Trueborn Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, The Unburnt, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdom, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Meereen, Mother of Dragons and Tree Whisperer.

I think this house is in Dorne, just saying, I know it sounds really Preston Jacobs, but in this point I agree with him, it's odd and the lemon tree can be relevant about Daenerys' memories

And why Quaithe keep telling her to remember who she truly is?

Isn't that prove that Daenerys isn't the person she thinks she is?

If she isn't the person she thinks she is, how can she remember something she doesn't know? Most likely, Quaithe is reminding her that she is a Targaryen and hints towards Westeros.

Yey! This thread again! And the same posters claiming the red door house is obviously within a climate controlled bio-dome hidden inside a menagerie! Because Dany growing up where lemons grow is unbelievable!

Well, let's look at this from another angle. Let's forget the argument for a second, and just say the house from the red door is in Dorne.

So, Martell betrayed the throne, and hid it well enough that it was never known (or else he would be executed for Treason, and House Martell likely loses its lands). But then, after already perpetrating the crime successfully, he decides to send them off to Essos (for reasons, clearly). He does so with no support, no resources, and risks sending off legitimate claimants that could be perfect puppets from House Martell. How does that make sense?

Well, let's look at this from another angle. Let's forget the argument for a second, and just say the house from the red door is in Dorne.

So, Martell betrayed the throne, and hid it well enough that it was never known (or else he would be executed for Treason, and House Martell likely loses its lands). But then, after already perpetrating the crime successfully, he decides to send them off to Essos (for reasons, clearly). He does so with no support, no resources, and risks sending off legitimate claimants that could be perfect puppets from House Martell. How does that make sense?

There is more than one House in Dorne. My own suspicion is House Dayne, and I can't wait til Areo Hotah's POV at High Hermitage.

There's no need the OP has already copied and pasted from the second link you gave.

Braavos has neither the sunshine, nor the freshwater needed to grow lemon trees.

Braavos is a collection hundreds of Islands sitting at sea level in a vast lagoon. The purity of the water and soil is a problem - there's a big chance it could be very infertile for plant and tree growth in general. Also, the canals are not freshwater like in Dorne, Sam has to boil it before drinking (indicating likely brackish water).

well

Braavos has neither the sunshine, nor the freshwater needed to grow lemon trees.Braavos is a collection hundreds of Islands sitting at sea level in a vast lagoon. The purity of the water and soil is a problem - there's a big chance it could be very infertile for plant and tree growth in general. Also, the canals are not freshwater like in Dorne, Sam has to boil it before drinking (indicating likely brackish water).

We have just to read the quote in this way:

"Trees did not grow on Braavos, save in the courts and gardens of the mighty."

Dany was in a house of one mighty mighty person, hence trees, hence lemon trees..

It is told.

:)

We have just to read the quote in this way:

"Trees did not grow on Braavos, save in the courts and gardens of the mighty."

Dany was in a house of one mighty mighty person, hence trees, hence lemon trees..

It is told.

:)

Damn, u beat me to it

Isn't braavos the city of secrets or something along the lines of that? Don't underestimate braavos, anything could happen. Though I'm still convinced the house is in dorne....

Archived