Theories you want to be true but know aren't.

Salafi Stannis

1) Prince Daemon Targaryen being Lomas Longstrider

2) Daemon Blackfyre and Maekar Targaryen being married to daughters of Elaene Targaryen.

Two theories I had before the publication of tPatQ and TWOIAF. I'm especially cross about the second one not being true. I think it would have been great for future D&E stories to have formidable grandma Elaene navigating the two sides of the family.

Theory I want to be true? Rickon and Shaggydog impress the people of Skagos so much by their immediately apparent ferocity and righteous vengence they feel for their families, and they decide to get on some crappy boats and kill/eat their way through anyone who killed a Stark or a direwolf.

I do like the theory of Mance being Benjen, which would explain why Mance is actually going around tryign to get any and all living beings south of the Wall...but thats just too too much. If Benjen/Mance could subdue the various tribes by showing them strength as a turncloack crow..then why didnt he just do it as Benjen? And is that really the best use of an incredibly long running glamour? Just dont get it.

Im also a fan of anything to do with either the Daynes or the Reeds being involved in something more relevant beyond being present at something that happened 20 years ago.

- Nettles' descendants to pop up at some stage. Personally I like the poetic death of Daemon, but I also like the idea that he did survive and rather go back to KL and try to charm his way back into Rhaenyra's favour he chose to elope with Nettles.

- Aerion Brightflame's descendants to pop up, possibly in connection to "Aegon VI". I'm fairly certain the boy is a Blackfyre, and perhaps there's not going to be enough time to explain in the main series what hall to Aerion's line, but I'd love the Brightfyre to be true essentially.

- Brown Ben Plumm and Jon Snow to both become dragon riders. The latter is a possibility, but I think the former is a long shot. I'd prefer it to Tyrion though. Something about Tyrion becoming a dragon rider and essentially fulfilling one of his wildest dreams just doesn't appeal to me.

My two favorite theories which are both unlikely (to say the least):

- Jaime and Cersei's father is really Aerys Targaryen, and Tyrion is the only real son of Tywin Lannister. Would put a beautifully ironic spin on their whole relationship.

- Daenerys is becoming mad, and will end up being as crazy as her father. Her POV is unreliable (has been for a while, maybe since her brother's death), and this will only become clear when she meets another major POV character, like Tyrion.

My theories also ... and I don't see them unlikely.

Archived