Theories you want to be true but know aren't.

Salafi Stannis

Melisandre? Dragon.

her human shell is real, it's the body of a person who grew up with a human-only childhood.

then the equally real dragon essence was magically fused to her.

instead of manifesting in its normal physical form the dragon phase-shifted to become a living fire that burned inside Melisandre's veins when it was molded to her by magics that basically used the demon possession model to implant the creature inside Melisandre but this was more benevolent in that it left her consciousness in the driver's seat. (Because the dragon is an animal-level mind so Mel's the big thinker out of the two of them. Naturally, then, the human consciousness guides, but the dragon looks out from behind the human's eyes to experience the world of sentient existence as we do, like it's crawled out of the sea of fire and is learning to walk on land (civilization, language, higher concepts than just "Hulk smash!") I'd like Moqorro to also be a recipient of this (rare?) graduation present from the fire priest academy. In other words, many fire priests are actually just folks like us--they're the ones who do "normal" priest duties like running a local parish. Then there's the top-of-the-line magic users whose powers outstrip the other priests' abilities by far... (because these few are dragon-powered in their magic abilities!!!!!) These are reserved as the faith's champions, its Mission Impossible foreign operatives. Hell yeah. Is anyone else aroused right now?

this would also mean the 'blood of the dragon' found in Targs is residue that remains from when someone in their ancient bloodline had this dragon-fusion ritual done to them too.

Mel being a dragon would be a great story - and not entierly unreal since she has a very strange POV thinking about how she doesnt need to sleep and must do certain things to seem more "normal" to men (even though she hardly appears normal at all.).

GRRM finished TWOW awhile ago and is waiting for the show to catch up before releasing it; he's actually been working on ADOS all this time instead, so that it would be ready to go the year after TWOW.

I've thought along similar lines. Pure delusion, of course, but were it to happen, all the Internets would break and we'd have to communicate via carrier pigeon to talk about the Great Economic Collapse of 2015.

Agreed that it would be impossible, mostly becuase if that did happen, the traffic to this site alone would crash the entire WWW.

It does raise the somewhat stupid (and age old) question, of WTF GRRM? Can you just get writing already? Cant someone just hook him up to an espresso/weed/adderal/chocolote IV or something and get this thing cranked out already?

Agreed that it would be impossible, mostly becuase if that did happen, the traffic to this site alone would crash the entire WWW.

It does raise the somewhat stupid (and age old) question, of WTF GRRM? Can you just get writing already? Cant someone just hook him up to an espresso/weed/adderal/chocolote IV or something and get this thing cranked out already?

This made me lol at work.

On topic

Melisandre is the Female Other who was hooked up with the Night's King.

Neither Ghost, Summer, or Shaggydog will mate with Nymeria.

Jaime is AA. Have to second that one.

Speaking from experience, that's a hell of a combo. We'd probably get the next 3 books and a pile of D&E stories by Christmas.

Just wondering, have you tried writing something, even just a 7500 word story? Lack of espresso or other stimulants is not the problem.

The follower's of the Lord of Light always say there are 2 gods, R'holler and The Great Other, who's name may not be spoken.

I have a theory (that I know probably won't be true) that one of the Red Priests will speak the name of the "Great Other" and it will be Brandon or some version of the Brandon / Brynden combination. That BloodRaven is the current "Great Other" they are referring too, and it started with Brandon the Builder and has passed down through BR and now to Bran with everyone in between having the name or similar name to Brandon.

Just wondering, have you tried writing something, even just a 7500 word story? Lack of espresso or other stimulants is not the problem.

Thats why you need the cocktail - its a delicate balance, and utterly disastrous for any productivity if you get out of whack.

This made me lol at work.

On topic

Melisandre is the Female Other who was hooked up with the Night's King.

Neither Ghost, Summer, or Shaggydog will mate with Nymeria.

Jaime is AA. Have to second that one.

I don't think that it was originally her, but that she is/will be the Night's Queen reborn. Perhaps Stannis would be the reincarnation of the Night's King? Her search for gain and influence distorts her perception of the prophecies she sees in the flames, and she's using her "gift" for the wrong reasons, ulimately creating ill instead of good because of it.

I want it to be the case that Aerys was pissed about Robert arranging the marriage to Lyanna without his permission, but don't see the possibility of that coming up in the story.

I guess I'm not really understanding this. Why would Aerys care about such a minor thing?

I guess I'm not really understanding this. Why would Aerys care about such a minor thing?

1) Aerys is the king. (In the exchange between Robb and Edmure, there is a bit about the king being able to command subjects to be married as he (the king) sees fit.) Aerys just wanting to assert his authority where/when he can.

2) With Steffon (cousin and good friend of Aerys) dead, Robert might have looked to Aerys to be a kind of a father figure. Robert does not. Aerys might have expected this as an older relative of Robert's. There is a pattern of elder relative arranging marriages.

3) Aerys being pissed that Robert (nor Stannis) was a girl for Rhaegar to marry.

All of this is very flimsy.

Another one: Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne conspired to take Lyanna, in order to force Brandon to marry Ashara, whom he had gotten pregnant at ToH.

Rhaegar was confronting Brandon about this in the Riverlands, (part of the errand that Rhaegar was there for) and the errand that Brandon had to go on after the duel with Littlefinger.

Only after they took her, did Rhaegar and Lyanna really fall in love.

Archived