Arnt Dannys dragons to small for WAR ?

the storm king returns

Everyone seems to think that Danny will make it to Westeros either during WOW or by the end of the book, but why ??

Danny has 3 NUKES but they are only small giving the fact they are only a few years old why would Danny risk having these dragons killed before they have a chance to properly grow and develops thicker armour ??

Aegon conquered the 7k with three ADULT dragons which were HUGE especially the Black dread which his wing span would leave a city in darkness when he flew over head. We know that even these dragons were not undefeatable since Dorne killed Aegons sisters Dragon (forget the name) with a huge Arrow that hit her in the eye, now this Dragon mind you is 10x bigger then any of Dannys dragons yet was still killed in battle, whats to stop an enemy from killing Dannys three dragons ??

They're growing.

Plus Daenerys rode Drogon That can't be that small.

IIRC, his wing span was 30' in the fighting pit. That's not near as large as some of the dragons of the past but they are still growing.

Plus 3 medium size dragons are still 3 more dragons than the other side has.

ETA - spelling

While I generally agree with you, there might be some element of surprise. Although given that Citadel is aware of dragons, that Aegon and co. know about them too, even that element isn't certain. TPATQ showed us that killing dragon is far from impossible, actually quite possible. I suppose that dragons will live until GRRM decides otherwise.

a lot more time is going to pass too before she gets to whereever it is she's headed this week. time to grow still. they seem to be growing at a rapid pace, since the end of book one how much actual time has passed? and shes already riding drogon.

a lot more time is going to pass too before she gets to whereever it is she's headed this week. time to grow still. they seem to be growing at a rapid pace, since the end of book one how much actual time has passed? and shes already riding drogon.

Dragons never stops growing while they are free and there is enough food. Aegon's dragons were over 100 years, Dany's are 3. That is simple math.

Plus 3 medium size dragons are still 3 more dragons than the other side has.

That's true only if the riders of Viserion and Rhaegal are on Dany's side.

I agree three dragons are still three dragons, but these dragons are the future of the TARG dynasty I feel it's a Huge gamble to bring them to war at this point when they are so small, Danny is what 17 or 18 years old why not wait 10 years ? The IT will still be there in 10 years for her to take (she doesn't kno about the white walkers)

If I was Danny I'd rule Mereen and whatever other city's/ fortresses she takes untill I KNOW my dragons are ready to obliterate my enemy .......

Dragons never stops growing while they are free and there is enough food. Aegon's dragons were over 100 years, Dany's are 3. That is simple math.

That's true only if the riders of Viserion and Rhaegal are on Dany's side.

oh no i know the lore, has it been 3 actual years since book 1's ending? thts what i was fuzzy on

They will be every bit as effective as GRRM wants them to be. Remember he planned on having the 5 year gap, so he was originally going to have them much bigger than they currently are.

I think many people get hung up on the fact that they're not as big as Aegon's dragons, but they don't really need to be. Aegon had to conquer, and unite several Kingdoms. Dany just has to defeat the current regime, and take KL.

They will be every bit as effective as GRRM wants them to be. Remember he planned on having the 5 year gap, so he was originally going to have them much bigger than they currently are.

I think many people get hung up on the fact that they're not as big as Aegon's dragons, but they don't really need to be. Aegon had to conquer, and unite several Kingdoms. Dany just has to defeat the current regime, and take KL.

Ok, I agree that GRRM will make them as big and as effective as he needs them to be for the purpose of the story. But, Dany doesn't need solely to defeat the current regime. She will have as much job as Aegon did. Seven Kingdoms are not separated, but the war utterly destroyed some bonds and turned everyone against everyone.

in the end, if it's westeros she's after, in particular kings landing, theyre not ready nor prepared for air warfare. theyre prepping for sea battles and more importantly land battles if anything. hope the gold cloaks are decent with bows :P or boros blount haha

they seem to be growing faster than they should, if she's riding drogon already. considering the size of a 100 year old dragon

Have you seen WOIAF illustration of Balerion? It is not just about putting saddle on it :) I doubt Dany's dragons grow significantly faster.

Balerion the Dread could have swallowed Drogon whole, so yeah, these are not the same weapons. There are no Fields of Fire or destruction of Harrenhal in their immediate future.

A smart commander can still get some use out of dragon riders with little risk. Most obvious and useful if not spectacular is using them for air reconnaissance. A commander with dragonrider scouts would have the best intelligence available, and that's not a small boon. An occasional night raid, hit and run on an enemy encampment, would work pretty well too and be a great psychological warfare tool.

What you don't want is try to firebomb a massed army like Balerion used to. Balerion could pull it off, he was so huge nothing short of a trebuchet could rock him. But these smaller dragons would likely get knocked off by mass volleys of arrows and crossbows. If not the dragon, then the rider for sure. Drogon's body wouldn't protect its rider the way Balerion's protected his.

Archived