POV characters you're positive will be dead by the end

In i think its the first book, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, Bran has a dream about the feast king Robert attends at winterfell. Everyone that attends the feast is a Skeleten or dead in brans dream IIRC. So if that holds true, which as the books have gone on it seems more than likely. All the Starks and main Lannisters are done for except for maybe Tyrion who was of whoring and John Snow who felt out of place as he was a bastard so he left.

But... Surely some Starks have to make it! Now you've got me worried! Also, welcome to the boards!

Arianne Martell, Areo Hotah, Melisandre, Brienne, Cersei, Jon Con, Barristan, Victarion, Aeron, are all doomed, IMO.

Theon, Jaime, Arya, and (on balance) Dany probably won't make it, although I'm less certain. Bran probably won't be alive as most of us would understand the term.

I don't think barristan will die. He's the only POV character who can tell us what happened with rhaegar and aerys and elia and rhaella and other characters like that, maybe not the whole truth but an insight to what happened there

I definitely think your right in that he is a window into that world. For along time I was sure he'd die at Meereen, but now I think he will at least make it back to Westeros & fill in Dany on the people you mentioned. But I still don't think he'll make it to the end.

In i think its the first book, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, Bran has a dream about the feast king Robert attends at winterfell. Everyone that attends the feast is a Skeleten or dead in brans dream IIRC. So if that holds true, which as the books have gone on it seems more than likely. All the Starks and main Lannisters are done for except for maybe Tyrion who was of whoring and John Snow who felt out of place as he was a bastard so he left.

IIRC wasn't Arya sent to bed early for throwing food at Sansa? I don't recall if Sansa left too. I can deal with all the other Stark kids dying, so long as Arya makes it.

But... Surely some Starks have to make it! Now you've got me worried! Also, welcome to the boards!

i really really hope so, thanks btw.

IIRC wasn't Arya sent to bed early for throwing food at Sansa? I don't recall if Sansa left too. I can deal with all the other Stark kids dying, so long as Arya makes it.

That sounds famillar but i'm not certain.

Littlefinger :(

Brienne :(

Stannis

Catelyn (dead for good)

the Hound

Less probable:

Daenerys

Theon

Jaime

Osha

Margaery

(Off topic: the only one I'm 100% sure will survive is Cersei)

EDIT: oh, sorry, I didn't notice the "POV characters" part, so then:

Jaime

Brienne

Theon

Barristan (totally forgot about him the first time)

also probably Asha, Mel, JonCo, Daenerys

I find it weird we have been shown that GRRM envisioned 5 characters to survive the whole thing and people are writing off 3-4 of them anyway. Sure, plans could change and 1 or 2 could go. More likely just one for shocks. But I dont seem him having done a complete 180

A character can die in the end, I think. George doesn't say in his script "These are the characters that will survive the entirety and beyond."

That said, I'm pretty sure at least Jon, Dany and Arya die, from our main POVs. Bran won't be alive as we know it, and Sansa's most likely, after Rickon, to be the Stark in Winterfell by the end. Tyrion might die, but I don't think it's a fitting end to his character. His arc in Dance is exactly finding the will to live.

I'd be sad, but I'm sure Brienne and Jaime are marked for death, as is Arianne, Jon Con, Victarion, Barristan, Asha, Melisandre and Cersei, Areo and Aeron.

I'm sure Theon and Davos are surviving. Theon even more because I think his arc is the inversion of the trope. He's the one that probably wants more to die. It's only fitting that he lives.

JonCon doesn't have to die of Greyscale. I'm pretty sure he could arrange to "lose" his hand in battle, which might save him. That said, I still think he will die by the end of series.

If that had any chance of working he would have done it already.

I find it weird we have been shown that GRRM envisioned 5 characters to survive the whole thing and people are writing off 3-4 of them anyway. Sure, plans could change and 1 or 2 could go. More likely just one for shocks. But I dont seem him having done a complete 180

To be fair, comparing martins original plan/vision for the characters and story to what we currently have is like saying a pigeon and eagle are the same thing. Well...they're both birds?

Archived