Why does everyone assume Dany will try to kill Aegon?

Because he wants to take the throne in his own right. As Tyrion says his claim is better, and she is too stubborn and fire and bloody to back him after the end of ADWD.

He'll probably be sitting the throne by the time Daenerys gets over, with half of Westeros behind him aka all of her own potential allies.

Because Dorne, who will be Aegons most influential supporters, will blame her for the murder of Quentyn. And if she passes through Pentos on her way to Westeros, she may learn of his heritage in some way. She will arrive in Westeros with an army, horrendous self-entitlement and dragons and desire to rule. She may or may not be slightly insane as well. Which will result in a war with, most probably, a married, adored and seemingly legitimate Targ with a better claim than her, who has the support of the majority of the Lords in Westeros.. I doubt she will roll over for him, and he will be poised against her.

Anyhow, we've been promised a DoD 2.0, and I don't see anyone else being able to fulfil the roles required. I want to see Westeros (and the targs) burn. And from the ashes, Stannis will rise as the true king of Westeros.

A lot of people pit Dany vs Aegon because both seem to have the desire to rule and apparently have armies capable of taking the Iron Throne. A number of people also ship those two as a power couple too tho.

If he is a Blackfyre she has no way of knowing that, and she would believe he is her last family member. I personally thi k they will be co-rulers like William and Mary

We're gettin Dance v.2.0, so it's either a war, or maybe some tango.

Quaithe doesn't want daenerys to trust Aegon. She'll continue to reinforce this idea about him not being trustworthy.

And I'm completely sick of daenerys haters having a go at her. She's definitely not mad, and if you think she is you don't have a good understanding of what madness is. And actually she doesn't want to rule, I've clearly been reading another book if she does. House with the red door, "I'm only a girl, I wanted to plant trees", "I was tired".

Aegon is the ptwp, he will marry dany and defeat the others

jon snow will be a villain at the end

Makes sense, the hero of the series appears in the last books and the one who has all the signs of being the hero and was around since book 1 is the villain.

Because the last book is called Dance with Dragons.

Because they are set up to be each other's antithesis.

Because a dragon plants no trees.

Because she was told twice to be wary of the mummer's dragon.

Because Dany and Aegon allying means relative unity in the Seven Kingdoms, which is not happening.

Edit: Because of three lies you will slay.

Does Daenerys even know who the Blackfyres are, let alone that she should have something against them? There're never mentioned in her chapters, and we know for a fact that there are large gaps in her education. Her opinion of them may rely on what she first hears of them. And if a Blackfyre wanted to help her conquer Westeros at the cost of her hand and a share of the power, would she be against it solely on principle? I mean, she married Hizdahr of all people. Is a Blackfyre really that much of a step down?

There's nothing about Dany that leads me to believe she has any interest whatsoever in being a co-ruler. Quite the opposite, actually. If I had to describe Dany in one word, 'entitled' would be high on the list, and not meant in a good way.

And I should add, I don't know that she'd try to kill him or not. But I do not think she would be at all accepting of him or his attempt to claim the IT through his Targaryen heritage.

If he is a Blackfyre she has no way of knowing that, and she would believe he is her last family member. I personally thi k they will be co-rulers like William and Mary

I think that their first reactions won't be to work against each another. Political factions from within will pull them about though, much like happened between Aegon II and Rhaenyra before the original Dance of Dragons - even Aegon II was reluctant to take the throne from Rhaenyra at first.

One thing I've considered in regards to the Blackfyre theory is that Aegon is who he says he is, but gets ridiculed behind his back that he's a pretender. Westeros, even some of his followers amongst them, spread their opinion of his being a fake, a Blackfyre, etc., until it becomes "news" in Essos, much like the negative "news" of Daenerys spreads.

Quaithe doesn't want daenerys to trust Aegon. She'll continue to reinforce this idea about him not being trustworthy.

And I'm completely sick of daenerys haters having a go at her. She's definitely not mad, and if you think she is you don't have a good understanding of what madness is. And actually she doesn't want to rule, I've clearly been reading another book if she does. House with the red door, "I'm only a girl, I wanted to plant trees", "I was tired".

Relying on the advice of a person no one else can see or hear is grade A madness considering Dany doesn't even know what a glass candle is. It's not exactly an idea unfounded in truth, and let's not forget she's the daughter of the most insane man in the series.

There is potential there, deal with the fact she will not be some white knight already

^Except that plenty of other people saw her in Qarth, Dany did meet her in person. Also, when someone gives you advice about the future and parts of it start to come true " sons sun, Lion, Griffen, Dark Flame"... so on and so on, you should probably at least consider the other parts of what that person said. To us its crazy, but our world does not have magic, hers does.

Archived