NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

Well there's a reason the Caps are considered to be Sharks East. Despite looking the part of a contender, they can never quite put things together.

I gave up cheering for the squad after that 7 game loss in 2013, and for some reason I hopped back on this season. I feel for you Maith, but can't really relate, as my Oilers have become very comfortable in the basement recently (it's why I can cheer for a bunch of different teams in the playoffs). Still this has to be tough as hell for Caps fans.

Saw a crazy stat on twitter just now.

The Capitals, 1 of 30 NHL teams, and one that has only been around for 41 of the league's 97 years, have now been on the losing end of 18% of all 3-1 series comebacks in NHL history.

Jack bauer with another #Hot #Take.

How many 2-1 games have the rangers won this post season?

This is pretty much Ovi's career in a nutshell; a plethora of Rocket Richard's or not...

This is a shame because I think the Lightning/Caps would have been a more entertaining playoff series than the Rangers.

Hell, Sabres-Lightning would've been more entertaining than NYR-TB will be. Though admittedly, the Sabres would need to make a WWE-style entrance for any of that to work ("wait, that's not the Rangers' theme music!").

Also nice stat by Fez there. To put that into perspective, the Capitals are 6-5 in series after going up 3-1; the rest of the NHL is 203-16.

And so only teams who have previously won the Cup remains. The Blackhawks won two years ago, the Ducks eight years ago, the Lightning 11 years ago and the Rangers 21 years ago.

Hawks in seven

Lightning in six

I wouldn't mind being wrong about the Bolts winning their series, though.

According to the playoff bracket I filled out on NHL.com, I'm 3/4 in the conference finals (Oh, that damn Sens pick has haunted me). I have the Rangers losing to the Hawks in the final. If those are the two teams to make it, I don't think anyone would be terribly surprised. No crazy darkhorse candidates for the finals this year. Teams like the Flames and Sens are a year or two away from making some noise.

I went 6/6 in the east so far on that NHL.com bracket (horribly wrong in the west, thanks Canucks and Jets). I picked a Tampa/Hawks final overall.

And I still think we have yet to see Tampa's best in these playoffs. If we don't in the ECF, they'll be booted relatively quickly by the Rags. I picked the Lightning, but man Stammer's line has to become a legit threat. The Triplets have been outstanding, but Tampa needs some depth to their scoring.

Wow Garrison's beard is glorious. That's the definition of a playoff beard.

Edit: and it's a Canada-Russia final for the WHC. Both teams are full to the brim with talent this time around, so it'll be a must-watch game.

Hmm, so why exactly did the league schedule the Ducks game at the same time as the WHC final? They even knew when the final was scheduled. Well I'll have dual screens set up tomorrow...

Archived