Robert Jordan has passed away

aidan

Wow. Very shocking news considering it seemed like he was getting better. Anyway, as others have said, we tend to be hard on WoT mainly because we're judging it against itself and once you take that in consideration, it's clear that Jordan will be best remembered for creating a rich world of imagination, depth, and detail and in doing so, entertained and enlightened many many people.

It's the hallmark of an artist whose work spans as long a period as Jordan's to have created long (and broad) avenues of discussion. Whatever you think of his work in the end, he created something that people like us can remember, discuss, analyze, cheer (on occasion), and boo (on occasion). If only for this, I tip my hat to him. My sadness that he couldn't complete his ultimate work is offset by knowing how much he did achieve in his life. His absence in the genre will definitely be felt.

RJ, rest well and rest easy. You deserve it.

RIP Robert Jordan! I am a big fan of WoT.

And yes, the last book will still be released. He was not unaware of his failing health, of course, and he has left notes and ensured the story is known. Still, it will not be the same.

:(

RIP.

I kinda feel bad to say it but anybody notice that the last thing he ever posted to us fans on his blog was a comment ripping on Tairy? If there is a way to go out that is it!

Joking aside though this sucks for his family and it sucks that he can't complete the books, I think I just said fuck outloud maybe 200 times. FUCK.

Was the first fantasy I really got into after reading Tolkien. RIP JR.

Wow.

Everything I want to say has already been said. Growing up I heard his name and The Wheel of Time mentioned often but I never read them. I actually bought the entire set in first edition hardcovers off Ebay earlier this year and read Eye of The World. It was far better than most fantasy I had read since really getting into the genre a year ago. The only thing that stopped me from going through the rest was I had just come off Goodkind and didn't want to start another giant 10+ series.

He was always positive about his illness and vowed to see A Memory of Light finished. Though he did say he had all the notes written so the book could be completed the way he wanted it if the worst did happen. The worst did happen.

My only anger is that some of his extreme fans will be too busy bitching about the unfinished book. I just know some of them will hate the 12th book because it wasn't finished by Jordan himself.

Archived