Media Coverage Continues

Westeros

A quick round-up of some more media coverage as we enter the weekend:

• The New York Times discusses the adaptation from book to screen with GRRM, the executive producers, and HBO executives. There’s some interesting details here, such as the fact that reshooting in Malta for Pentos was partially driven by the fact that their Moroccan location was landlocked and didn’t work as well for the coastal Free City.
  • io9 reports on a recent conference call with the executive producers (more from us on that call next week), including a hint about direwolves…
  • TV Guide follows up the “controversy” with Damon Lindelof following GRRM’s remarks on the ending of Lost. The executive producers say quite a bit about the fact that they know, through Martin, the broad outline of what the final season and final episode will be like. They add that they’ve read the first 600 pages of A Dance with Dragons, as well.
  • Finally, Dorkshelf has a great interview with Kit Harington about working on the show, with some interesting tidbits (and some small spoilers for the potential second season) along the way.

Visit the Site!

Okay I really need to stop reading comments on these articles. Here's a gem from the TV Guide one:

Who does this guy think he is? I've never even heard of "The Game of Thrones". He should not compare his show to LOST, or M. Night Shyamalan movies. If this guy was as good as them, we would have heard of him.

Major head to desk magnetism right there.

where Mr. Weiss and Mr. Benioff were quizzed about the parents of Jon Snow, a “Game of Thrones” character of mysterious lineage. (“We had a whole conversation about it,” Mr. Benioff said, “and George was pleased that we got the answer right.”)

O-o

I of course have to comment about how amazing the Kit Harrington interview was. First, it has some cool shots that I hadn't seen (like the bits with direwolves). Second, we got to learn that Harrington read all the books and loved them and now considers himself a fan! He said he reads the different fan sites not just to find out about himself, but because he likes the books too. That makes me a little sad about the mustache-gate, although as far as I'm concerned it turned into mustache-triumph.

Man. I can't believe we have only a week to go.

Okay I really need to stop reading comments on these articles. Here's a gem from the TV Guide one:

Major head to desk magnetism right there.

Yeah, there are some pretty stupid Lost fans that posted on that particular article. I watched Lost too, investing from the start, and while I thought the ending was great, I totally get why someone else wouldn't appreciate it.

It's called an opinion.

Great maker.

You dunderhead, he clearly means Robert and Jaime.

Its R+L people! :worried:

Renly and Loras!!!

But yes, very interesting titbit in the New York Times. Kit Harrington does very well too, given he is still just beginning on the interview trail.

Edited to add: Just read the interview on io9. Very, very interesting comments about S2. Relatively major characters may have to be dropped? Robb may get more time? 7 or 8 seasons hopefully?

And above all. Some characters may stick around a bit longer? :P No idea who they could mean there.

I'd be already thinking that Davos would be dropped if it wasn't for the fact that one of D&D really likes the guy.

Just thought I'd post (I think this a good place for it) that Rainn Wilson, of American The Office fame, has changed his Twitter profile picture so that he's sitting on the Iron Throne.

Check it out.

I think its great that the geek celebrities, such as John Hodgman and Wilson are embracing the show!

Just thought I'd post (I think this a good place for it) that Rainn Wilson, of American The Office fame, has changed his Twitter profile picture so that he's sitting on the Iron Throne.

Check it out.

I think its great that the geek celebrities, such as John Hodgman and Wilson are embracing the show!

Hah. Fabulous. :thumbsup:

Check it out.

that's great! how awesome would it be if GoT replaces Battlestar Galactica as Dwight's favorite show???

I don't know if someone has already pointed it out, but in yesterday evening's episode of Chuck (4x20), the main character Chuck is reading "A game of thrones" at breakfast!!!

edit: just read Mormegil post, sorry!!

Just wait until "Blame Pod" goes mainstream!

I say we start a Facebook movement, Trebs.

ETA: Also, not many people can brag about pinching Pod's ass in the dark of a museum. :P

...Or serenading him with Heart's All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You at a NYC bar at 2:30 in the afternoon. :P

Archived