"Rogues" anthology (Martin & Dozois)

Jussi

Matthew Hughes wrote in his homepage:

My story, "Wearaway and Flambeau," will appear in the July/August issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. It's a tale of a thief named Raffalon who gets caught up in a dispute between two wizards in a Dying Earthesque setting.

Raffalon came into being when I was asked to contribute a story to a forthcoming cross-genre anthology, Rogues, edited by Gardner Dozois and George R.R. Martin, which should be out late next year. I liked the character so much, I thought I'd give him a few more outings. If the F&SF readers like him, too, I'll do more.

and in F&SF forum:

If sf includes fantasy, Gardner Dozois and George R.R. Martin are putting together one called ROGUES. It wll be out next year and I'll have a story in it.

I wonder if the publisher is Tor. Will Rogues include the fifth Dunk & Egg novella? Probably not, if Dangerous Women is coming out in 2013, too. Here is a description of Rogues:

a cross-genre compendium of "scoundrels, con men, swashbucklers, pirates, thieves, scalawags, scoundrels, cheats, rascals, swindlers, seducers, deceivers, flim-flam men, imposters, frauds, fakes, liars, cads, tricksters, and their ilk."

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Our good friends at Bantam Spectra have just informed me and my partner-in-crime Gardner Dozois that they have moved up the publication date of our next mammoth crossgenre anthology ROGUES. . . to June 17.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/360936.html

Rogues by George R.R. Martin (Editor) , Gardner Dozois (Editor)

Hardcover: 816 pages

Publisher: Bantam (June 17, 2014)

I hope there is a Duchess of Swallows story there, those books deserve the publicity

I quickly scanned this post and read it as a "Duchess Swallows" story. I was confused because I didn't think Martin and Dozois did erotica anthologies.

Clever marketing to include an ASOIAF story (touted prominently on the cover) and release this right after season 4 of GoT.

Not that I mind, I'm a glutton for Westeros and I get to read this book sooner. Just wish it were a certain other book...maybe after season 5.

Can't wait to find out what some of these stories are about.

• 3 months later...

I really want that Wolves of Stark story. Barring that another Dunk and Egg story.

Huh? Are you talking about The She-Wolves of Winterfell? That is going to be a Dunk & Egg story.

Archived