Metal Thread VI: This One's For the OTTER

Xray the Enforcer

Courtesy of MinDonner:

-- I LOL'd for real on a couple of these.

W gets the serious side-eye, though, because 1) it's bullshit and 2) the creators missed a comedic goldmine by ignoring War Metal. "GOATS AND GASMASKS. SATAN WILL SODOMIZE HUMANITY" *sound of machine-gun fire* I mean, come the fuck on. One of the most prominent war metal bands is called Goat Penis. That deserves as much a public mocking as rap metal does -- and this is coming from someone who likes Blasphemy.

Aahahaha, that was fantastic. Although the "woman metal" was admittedly a missed opportunity in light of war metal (or shit, half of all doom bands have the word "witch" in the names, run with that...) most of that shit was spot on. I think grind core was especially perfect...

happy fucking birthday to me.

i have loved slayer since i was a wee lad. they were that magical gateway into all manners of more extreme metal. to pay homage to my eternal love they are playing in the dc area on the eve of the anniversary of my birth! they are kind enough to bring along french powerhouses gojira.

i am so fucking there.

yeah, they are without founders jeff (rip) and dave lombardo (i actually think paul bostoph is a better drummer) they are still fucking slayer.

i could see them hanging the whole thing up in the next few years. having never seen these favorites of mine live ever i am really really fucking excited.

fucking slayer!

And MDF have released another round of band announcements for next year. Candlemass and Tankard will be a ton of fun. Ulver and God Macabre were legit surprises. And Machetazo will rip everyone's face off.

Here's the whole lineup thus far announced:

ASPHYX (Netherlands)

AT THE GATES (Sweden)

BONGRIPPER

CANDLEMASS (Sweden)

DIOCLETIAN (New Zealand)

EXCRUCIATING TERROR

EXTINCTION OF MANKIND (UK)

GOD MACABRE (Sweden)

GORGUTS (Canada)

GRAVES AT SEA

HEMDALE

MACHETAZO (Spain)

MGLA (Poland)

SARKE (Norway)

SOILENT GREEN

SOLSTAFIR (Iceland)

TAAKE (Norway)

TANKARD (Germany)

ULVER (Norway)

UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS (UK)

UNHOLY GRAVE (Japan)

UNLEASHED (Sweden)

WITCHRIST (New Zealand)

So yeah, fucking Slayer!

It's because you are the most awesome wife in the world.

this morning while i ran and was listening to 'seasons in the abyss' i had this 'holy shit, i am finally seeing slayer' moment!

last summer i finally knocked maiden off of my 'to see' list. now slayer. priest, king diamond, venom and motorhead still remain.

I had a chance to see Motorhead about 10 years ago and like a damned fool I passed on it. Maybe some day.

Maiden show the other night was just incredible. The set was like they picked every one of my favorite songs to play, and they knocked all of them out of the park. They really do sound as great as ever. The crowd was awesome, too - met a lot of great folks. Hopefully they'll make this a regular tour stop from now on!

I had a chance to see Motorhead about 10 years ago and like a damned fool I passed on it. Maybe some day.

Maiden show the other night was just incredible. The set was like they picked every one of my favorite songs to play, and they knocked all of them out of the park. They really do sound as great as ever. The crowd was awesome, too - met a lot of great folks. Hopefully they'll make this a regular tour stop from now on!

i loved the crowd for maiden in montreal. they were all great and fun people.

oh, man. yes. they were near perfect live. the only song i wanted that i did not hear was 'hallowed be thy name.'

i loved the crowd for maiden in montreal. they were all great and fun people.

oh, man. yes. they were near perfect live. the only song i wanted that i did not hear was 'hallowed be thy name.'

When they played the recorded intro to "The Prisoner" I about lost my shit. Loved that they played a bunch of stuff off of Seventh Son too.

When they played the recorded intro to "The Prisoner" I about lost my shit. Loved that they played a bunch of stuff off of Seventh Son too.

seventh son is an often overlooked gem of the maiden collection. i listen to it probably once every other week.

i am so glad you have a good time. i cannot wait to see them again.

seventh son is an often overlooked gem of the maiden collection. i listen to it probably once every other week.

i am so glad you have a good time. i cannot wait to see them again.

Same here. Maybe if they play a geographically friendly show next year we can get up a group to go. That would be epic as shit!

Big tour news coming up early next year - a two month US tour headlined by Amon Amarth with guests Enslaved and Skeletonwitch! Hell of a lineup and the locations are all over the place, so a great opportunity to see three awesome bands.

Incidentally, check out the Skeletonwitch album Beyond the Permafrost if you haven't already. Some killer modern thrash with deathy vocals.

Big tour news coming up early next year - a two month US tour headlined by Amon Amarth with guests Enslaved and Skeletonwitch! Hell of a lineup and the locations are all over the place, so a great opportunity to see three awesome bands.

Incidentally, check out the Skeletonwitch album Beyond the Permafrost if you haven't already. Some killer modern thrash with deathy vocals.

Cool. House of Blues would probably be the the most accessible location for me. Good thing it's on a Saturday. :)

Archived