Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else

iheartseverus

Do we know if Selyse will be appearing in S4 a bit more often? She had only one scene in S3 which is a pity cause Tara Fitzgerald was great.

A good question.

I sort of suspected that Tara Fitzgerald would have turned up in one of the 'deleted scenes' on the DVD.

Now we probably won't know until season 4 airs.

After all two actors from previous seasons turned up in season 3 , we did not know about it before hand.

(Three if one counts Jason Momoa in season 2.)

Does anyone knows how long are the contracts for the actors that are still alive in the books?

I'm asking this because I read today an interview with Sophie Turner (Sansa) and she said that has a 6 years long contract with GoT and I just wanted to know if that is the standard contract for everyone who is still alive or if means something else ?

Does anyone knows how long are the contracts for the actors that are still alive in the books?

I'm asking this because I read today an interview with Sophie Turner (Sansa) and she said that has a 6 years long contract with GoT and I just wanted to know if that is the standard contract for everyone who is still alive or if means something else ?

I am fairly certain that Peter Dinklage was contracted for six seasons as well. So if both he and Sophie are signed on for six then it stands to reason that all of the main players known to be alive through that point in the story would be as well. I assume that mean Emilia, Kit, Isaac, Maisie, Nikolai, and Lena at the very least.

I am fairly certain that Peter Dinklage was contracted for six seasons as well. So if both he and Sophie are signed on for six then it stands to reason that all of the main players known to be alive through that point in the story would be as well. I assume that mean Emilia, Kit, Isaac, Maisie, Nikolai, and Lena at the very least.

I'll add that the guy who plays Davos signed a six year contract after season two.

http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/liam-cunningham-signs-up-for-next-six-series-of-game-of-thrones-26873727.html

^ Thanks for the answers! So six years is the standard contract... that's good because for some reason I thought it was seven years and I was afraid that it meant that Sansa wouldn't last until the end or something like that! :)

remember when in the intro for the very first episode the ranger finds the dead wildings and their bodies are laid out in some wierd circle pattern?

what was up with that?

Nothing confirmed yet, but Mance, Jon, and the Wildlings found a similar pattern when they found the aftermath of the battle at the Fist of the First Men: I believe Mance's line was "Ever the artists", so it's something the White Walkers are known for.

Possibly the writers are just playing with horror movie occult tropes, or possibly it indicates something more interesting about the Others that hasn't yet been revealed in the books.

Do we know if Selyse will be appearing in S4 a bit more often? She had only one scene in S3 which is a pity cause Tara Fitzgerald was great.

Yes, she has a great scene at Dragonstone after Melisandre burns/sacrifices/redeems some non-Lord of Light-lovin' sinners.

I think we had info , years ago, that the young actors sign a , sort of, boiler plate contract as laid out by The Actors’ Guild of Great Britain that is indeed for 6 years, at least the main roles. (I don't know about American actors, maybe all are also members of both SAG and the GBG?)

The veteran actors can specify modifications to their contracts which could cover anything ,salaries to especially scheduling.

I don't know about some actors , for instance did Ian McElhinney just sign a one year contract? He was not in season 2, but did agree to come back for season 3, does he now have a multi year contract?

Maybe they all have some kind of open ended contracts.

Owen Teale gone a long long time is back, Dominic Carter too.

Seems that any actor , especially secondary ones, sign long term contracts but can be 'killed off' even if they still exist in the books, I don't know how the contract compensations for that.

It seems Roxanne McKee had thought she had signed up for a long time, and indeed , in the books her character is still there, but D and D , to her surprise (out of expediency , seemingly) removed her character at the end of season 2 (in fact this seems to have been a decision of their part on the fly), she was apparently not pleased with it.

Conan Stevens apparently had a contract collision while working on the Hobbit and could have come back for seasons 3 and 4, at least the important role in season 4, but we still don't know whole story there.

Clive Mantle's vanishing is still a total mystery!

Contracts are a complex thing.

Wait so Stannis indeed burns people for not changing their religions? Not traitors like the books?

Technically, Ms. Red does the burning, and I forget why. They were naughty. Rewatching S3 now to refresh and then I'll hit S4 again, put names to (melting) faces. Just hoping for heaping doses of Shireen. I love that kid.

Does anyone have a good Game of Thrones drinking game to share?

Player 1

Name a character and a chapter

Cersei in GoT Bran

Player 2

picks a character from player 1's chapter and chooses another character in it and another chapter his/her character was in.

Jamie In GoT Eddard

(note one may not choose the title character from the chapter)

when somebody can't think of another character from a given chapter or chooses a character that was not also in that chapter.... he or she drinks.

I didn't know where to put this, so I thought this would be the appropriate thread (sorry if it has been posted somewhere else).

So Madonna posted 3 hours ago a pic of her dressed as Daenerys Stormborn for a Purim party. Now, I'm a huge Madonna fan and my favourite character of ASOIAF is Dany so my mind is blown right now. As far as I know, M doesn't watch the show (she doesn't watch TV in general) so I guess somebody must have told her about the GoT phenomenon. Anyway, I think she looks sensational as Dany (+ more publicity for the Mother Of Dragons :P )

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/10013507_10152306791179402_549283418_n.jpg

"Happy Purim!!!!! All Hail All Queens! ‪#‎certainty‬" -Madonna

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1512758_611813672235443_447323698_n.jpg

Technically, Ms. Red does the burning, and I forget why. They were naughty. Rewatching S3 now to refresh and then I'll hit S4 again, put names to (melting) faces. Just hoping for heaping doses of Shireen. I love that kid.

Just curious where are you watching S4?

Also since you have watched first three episodes, do you know why Stannis loses his temper with Onion knight and what happens between them?

Archived