If Aegon is actually fake...

AsharaSunborn

Not sure if this is really worthy of a thread but...

If Aegon is truly fake, how could it be revealed?

and if it is revealed will Jon Connington find out? Because I think that would break my heart a little bit. Im just curious to see how people think this will play out.

Dany is supposingly slayer of lies, so I think we would have to wait on her for that.

If he finds out before his death, it will certainly breaks his heart. And I think poor Aegon`s heart will be broken too.

I think Dany will remember the cloth dragon from the HOTU and declare Aegon and fake, maybe angered because he married Arianne and declared himself king without her, and then she'll split the The South into two again. Half believing her that Aegon is a fake and the other half believing Aegon to be real and that Dang is trying to usurp Rhaegar's son from the throne.

Not sure the world will ever know. We readers might find it out via Varys or such. I can imagine Varys pulling an Adrian Veidt, meaning: reveal it to someone who has it in his/her best interest to keep the lie.

That way we readers learn the truth although the world never will.

If he finds out before his death, it will certainly breaks his heart. And I think poor Aegon`s heart will be broken too.

:agree: We shall be expecting Jon Con's reaction, but Aegon's will be something to see. I wonder, will he be broken-hearted and depressed, or angry at the fact that he is not who he always believed he was?

They have the potential to go for a double shock, here. Aegon finding out he's been lied to all his life and he's NOT a Targ (Could be Blackfyre or son of someone who looks like a whore from Lys.), and Jon finding out he's been lied to all his life and he's the male Targ heir and not a bastard of some whore or another.

Ouch for the both of them.

They have the potential to go for a double shock, here. Aegon finding out he's been lied to all his life and he's NOT a Targ (Could be Blackfyre or son of someone who looks like a whore from Lys.), and Jon finding out he's been lied to all his life and he's the male Targ heir and not a bastard of some whore or another.

Imagine if they were standing in the same room (for some reason) when they both found out. The lol's would be immense.

Both revelations have to be related to cause double impact: "this kid is not Rhaegar's son: THAT ONE IS". <gasp>

It has to be suggested by someone with a broader almost omniscient pov (Howard Reed won't have a pov but someone close to him might) that a son of Rhaegar is coming, and while everybody expects Aegon to be, it's revealed that is actually Jon.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why it matters if aegon is a blackfyre or not. The rebellion ended 100 years ago and with all the targaryens wiped out other than Dany, the blackfyres have the next best claim to the throne. No matter what they call the,selves they are still legitimized descendants of aegon the unworthy and therefore in the line of succession.

Archived