Costume Time Again

I also do a witch for Halloween every year (Professor McGonagall counts as a witch too---that that the year my son was HP)

:cheers: I was McGonagall the year that my daughter dressed as HP and now I wear the hat every year. I love the hat.

She was going to be Iron Man this year after seeing the movie this summer, but she has recently changed to a "dark Cleopatra" costume she saw in a catalog. The Iron Man costume looked stifling and it's pretty warm in Denver on Hallowen.

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in about 7 years but I might actually be doing something for Halloween this year and have no idea what to go as :lol:

I think I might just do something generic like a pirate. Doing specific characters is a cool idea but there's no way I could pull it off.

I've got the V for Vendetta Costume, daggers and all, but the last couple of years just didn't seem to have much of a Halloween Spirit floating around.

I hope this year will be different, I miss my favorite night of they year.

My Magic:The Gathering obsessed 9-year-old has decided that he wants to be Jace the Mind Sculptor. Any suggestions on how to make this? I get my sewing machine out once a year. My daughter has decided that she wants to wear her cat costume again. Thank Gawd, because that was a bitch to make.

My Magic:The Gathering obsessed 9-year-old has decided that he wants to be Jace the Mind Sculptor. Any suggestions on how to make this? I get my sewing machine out once a year. My daughter has decided that she wants to wear her cat costume again. Thank Gawd, because that was a bitch to make.

Personally i have no idea but i will consult My Magic:The Gathering obsessed 24 and 27 year olds and get back to you.

That's a really cool costume idea (as much as I hate playing against blue decks :P).

:cheers: I was McGonagall the year that my daughter dressed as HP and now I wear the hat every year. I love the hat.

She was going to be Iron Man this year after seeing the movie this summer, but she has recently changed to a "dark Cleopatra" costume she saw in a catalog. The Iron Man costume looked stifling and it's pretty warm in Denver on Hallowen.

The year I lived in Denver we had snow in October :P

I love that your daughter likes cross gender costumes. I always did too as a kid but wasn't allowed to be a boy.

Kids are going back to school, which means it is time to start thinking about costumes.

This year I may go to Chiller (a horror/sci-fi con in NJ) in October and I want something different to wear. I like the look of steampunk stuff...appeals to my historical side but leaves more room for whimsy.

I was searching the net for ideas, kind of thinking "steampunk safari" when I came across several things I liked.

I love the top and hat in this picture

Here is another person with a similar idea

But both are a little too proper for my taste, so I found this dress pattern. I just want the skirt, done in the same fabric as top, wearing leggings and boots under it.

Add a utility belt, binoculars and few other accessories. At least I hope I have explained it well enough.

So what do you think?

Anyone else planning any costumes this year? Do tell.

Those are all really cool. Makes me want to get a steam punk costume, with an obligatory monocle.

Definitely book Daario,

Not totally sure still how I'm going to do it, I got some naked lady statues from the flea market and cut them in half for the sword hilts.

Also to be fitted for a gold tooth front in that same flea market.

Since my natural beard growing is pretty pathetic, I'm going to have to go with a fake one.

Ive tried looking for a date willing to go as Dany Targaryen but no luck so far.

Anyone else found a flea market that does cosmetic dentistry? Where is this? Could be very useful.

Anybody know for sure which of Daario's teeth is gold???

Definitely go with an upperdeck canine.

I'm going as Sawyer from Lost in the Dharma "LaFleur" jumpsuit.

I thought every flea market does it, actually flea markets are the only places I know that do it.

Where I am a flea market is just a bunch of people selling random shit in a drive-in movie theater dirt parking lot. Like, a garage sale x 1000. Haven't seen a cosmetic dentistry booth though. Where is this, or is your flea market more like a mall?

The year I lived in Denver we had snow in October :P

I love that your daughter likes cross gender costumes. I always did too as a kid but wasn't allowed to be a boy.

Yeah, it was 80 today but we may have snow Friday, so who knows!

I wasn't allowed to either. In fact, my mom wouldn't even let me have a Big Wheel because "they were for boys." So oppressive!

son has linked these pics

http://primetorch.deviantart.com/art/Jace-Beleren-Cosplay-301208491

http://primetorch.deviantart.com/art/Jace-Beleren-Planeswalker-Cosplay-301393448

He says the blue hooded cape with swirls over blue t shirt and pants.I reckon you could make the cuffs too, out of stiff card,

I'm waiting for Joanne's to open so I can go pick up some supplies. The gold chemise I ordered is rayon and the arm lacings looked frayed, not sure what the dry cleaning process has done to it until I get over to Mom's. I think I'll get a scarlet sheer ribbon and try to replace all the chemise lacings. The cheap gold cord in the neck definitely has to go. We'll pin the dress today and stitch witch the hems. I also need to get some thread and material and see if I can figure out this sewing machine tonight. Just glad Pops had the foresight to pick the dress up from the cleaners before the shutdown.

Maybe I should sign up for some lessons at the sewing shop. I used to know how to use one when I was kid, but as an adult its either easier to hand-stitch or just get it altered.

son has linked these pics

http://primetorch.deviantart.com/art/Jace-Beleren-Cosplay-301208491

http://primetorch.deviantart.com/art/Jace-Beleren-Planeswalker-Cosplay-301393448

He says the blue hooded cape with swirls over blue t shirt and pants.I reckon you could make the cuffs too, out of stiff card,

Thank you, Henry was just showing mt his Magic cards, which are hard to see! The cloak should be easy. Maybe I can do the arm things with interfacing sewn to the same material as the cloak. Not sure if I should make pants and shirt out of the same material too. I can get a basic pj pattern for that... or use the ninja one from last year, It has to be warm, as we could very well have snow. Maybe I'll have to line the cloak with fleece.

oh, okay, mine is more like a bunch of people selling shit out of the backs of their conversion vans. some of these vans have air-brushed pictures of elvis sitting under a tree and what not. probably not talking about the same thing. i'm still intrigued by these strip mall gold tooth shops though.

We have those junkyard kind too, but there's the high class ones where you can get knock off designer clothes, fake addidas and stuff.... "Addidums"

And gold teef of course

Archived