Costume Time Again

Thank you, Henry was just showing mt his Magic cards, which are hard to see! The cloak should be easy. Maybe I can do the arm things with interfacing sewn to the same material as the cloak. Not sure if I should make pants and shirt out of the same material too. I can get a basic pj pattern for that... or use the ninja one from last year, It has to be warm, as we could very well have snow. Maybe I'll have to line the cloak with fleece.

I've used sweatsuits or sweatshirts as the base for lots of costumes. Just an idea that might simplify things; the main body of the costume could be an embellished sweatsuit,and it would be warm.

O people, I've had a terribly long day. If I can stay awake for 2 more hours I can pick up my costume. If not, we're getting a tropical storm tomorrow night. I'm going home to put on good boots to go for a walk to pick it up. Drinking 2 cups of coffee.

Who am I kidding, I wanna try it on TONIGHT!

I've used sweatsuits or sweatshirts as the base for lots of costumes. Just an idea that might simplify things; the main body of the costume could be an embellished sweatsuit,and it would be warm.

We couldn't find the right color sweatsuit. I ended up getting some material that was the exact color Henry wanted. He can wear a pair of his sister's leggings underneath and should be warm enough. The cloak will be fleece. I usually make the costumes out of fleece or flannel. (These are to be worn out trick or treating of course.)

I made two outfits that use the same belt. I like the look of the belt, but the pattern only had a left side and a right side, so I will likely redo it before Chiller, using the belt pattern that came with my blue/brown outfit, but add the belt straps on it. (having 4 pieces for the front and 4 for the back makes for a much better fit)

The belt

The steampunk/safari outfit (still a work in progress. need to find a better top.)

the skirt by itself

The open skirt over pants...kind looks a bit like a magic user (the original pattern picture)

eta: the first one looks better on :)

usually I'm not that into Halloween, but I'm thinking Coco Chanel this year:

Coco-Chanel-2.jpg

or the bride from Kill Bill

Uma-Thurman.jpg

that is contingent on finding yellow tracksuit, also I'm not dying my hair, that's over-commitment

any idea how to make an imitation samurai sword? I was thinking cardboard...

eta: just realized this is the perfect place to ask about making swords :D

Well my mask (and Brook's) have arrived, but I'm the only one posting a photo :P it's hot, I've got a migraine and had some really bad news last night so not at my best, but the mask is great! Need to experiment a little with make up, but going with white base for a deathly pallor and then red lining the eye near the tear ducts and lightly sponged red over the face to look like the red death from Poe's Masque of the Red Death.

That would be so not canon, didn't she die before a Daario was born or shortly after.

Not that it matters, I'll be surprised if anybody the whole night recognizes who I'm supposed to be dressed as.

If you can be a flying,talking donkey, why not a time travelling, Valryian dragonrider?.

or the bride from Kill Bill

Uma-Thurman.jpg

that is contingent on finding yellow tracksuit, also I'm not dying my hair, that's over-commitment

any idea how to make an imitation samurai sword? I was thinking cardboard...

No offense, but if you don't have a yellow tracksuit, blonde hair or a sword, why are you choosing The Bride? Maybe it's just that I'm super lazy and always choose costumes based on finding one particular centerpiece item at a thrift store or in the attic.

My gf and I want to go as Sully and Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc, and we have been accumulating a few items to help us with these costumes, but it is looking more and more like they are not going to be ready by Halloween and we will need to wait until next year to break those out.

No offense, but if you don't have a yellow tracksuit, blonde hair or a sword, why are you choosing The Bride? Maybe it's just that I'm super lazy and always choose costumes based on finding one particular centerpiece item at a thrift store or in the attic.

call me crazy but I figured I might be able to 'acquire' these items (and by blonde hair, maybe a wig? they have those, it's fake hair that you put over your own hair, so you can make yourself appear to have a different haircolor than you posess naturally.... crazy I know)

this is my costume, and yes I'm the bride from Kill Bill: krustyeyes.jpg

Archived