[Starz] Black Sails [Spoilers off the port bow!]

Commodore

Going by IMDB it should be Edward Low

Thanks for finding the answer to my question :- )

Damn, that guy seems a worthy asset for this show. When you read wikipedia pages about these pirates, you really wonder why on earth Black Sails is the first series to tap into all this potential

I am hoping that the commitment that Black Sails displayed at NY Comic Con is an indicator of this upcoming season...the tent was boss... and they gave away cool bandanas and apple cider... which, if you're either 9 years old, or an easily impressed ass like me, is awesome.

does anyone know how many episodes will be in this season?... I'm hoping for 12-13 episodes

does anyone know how many episodes will be in this season?... I'm hoping for 12-13 episodes

There are going to be 10 episodes this year. Last season, I hoped it would get 10 episodes instead of 8, but now I'm wondering if that was really a good idea. Besides the fact that the writing for Black Sails (really the weakest element of this show so far imo) wasn't really good at dealing with the quieter moments, there is also only a limited ammount of money to be had. So, I hope they had a budget increase to go alongside these two new episodes, because otherwise we'll be stuck even longer on the island.

There are going to be 10 episodes this year. Last season, I hoped it would get 10 episodes instead of 8, but now I'm wondering if that was really a good idea. Besides the fact that the writing for Black Sails (really the weakest element of this show so far imo) wasn't really good at dealing with the quieter moments, there is also only a limited ammount of money to be had. So, I hope they had a budget increase to go alongside these two new episodes, because otherwise we'll be stuck even longer on the island.

As long as a hatch doesn't appear on the island...

• 1 month later...

Finally started watching this, after buying Season 1 on Amazon a while back. I'm up to episode 4 and still struggling to get into it, and there's only 4 episodes left! :p

I love pirates. I love period pieces. I love swords and sex. And yet, I'm not feelin' it so far. Will watch the second half of the season tomorrow. I've heard that episode 5 is pretty awesome. Looking forward to it!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Season 2 Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab8VqJ0eHBI

The pirate drama and Treasure Island prequel will return for another round of episodes beginning Jan. 24.

This time around, however, viewers will get an extra two episodes with Captain James Flint (Toby Stephens) and his crew; Black Sails saw its episode order increase from eight to 10 for its sophomore outing.

Half way through series 1 and I'm enjoying it far more than I expected to...Toby Stephens is a great lead, but, for me, the star of the show is Jack Rackham (played by Aussie Toby Schmitz doing a great British accent) that guy is awesome and I hope he has an even greater role in series 2.

Archived