Sleepy Hollow

Myrddin

I just realized that this show is starting tomorrow night on Fox.

Anyone else checking it out?

I could use a good new show, but I've no idea whether this will be a hit or a bust.

Trailer

It looks like it's following in the footsteps of the success that NBC and ABC have had with Grimm and Once Upon A Time. I'm happy to see this trend continue on the major networks and it shows that society still has a taste for imaginative shows. I imagine that the Headless Horseman storyline will only be good for a season, so I wonder what other American folktales they can drudge up for subsequent seasons. Will definitely be watching and hope that it's as successful as the other two shows. I like this trend of fantasy-meets-police procedurals. And John Cho is in this too!

And then I found out Jonanthan Rhys Meyers will be playing Dracula on NBC in October. And now I just facepalm. (although, the trailer looks like maybe it'll be ok? and it certainly didn't make say Ridiculous! out loud the way Sleepy Hollow ads did) I think it's the American accent in Victorian London that grates me so.

Oh network television.

Damn, that demon at the mirror freaked me the fuck out!

Yeah, that was a good shot.

The pilot was fun and I'll definitely be tuning in on Monday night.

I liked that it's a twisty mystery/conspiracy show but doesn't take itself too seriously. Like the horseback rider crossing sign. And the accidental backswing that sliced off the top part of said sign.

I got a laugh out of Clauncy Brown's character name. Corbin. Kurgan. Kinda close. ;)

Are there any American legends featuring an Abigail Mills that the female lead would be a reincarnation of? I checked wikipedia for an Abigail Mills in the Salem witch trials; there were two Abigails, but no Mills.

Presumably in future seasons we will get some legends come to life of characters that represent War, Famine, and Pestilence.

So there is a 7 year countdown to the apocalypse in 2020. I guess that's one way for the producers to encourage to network to keep the series for a full 7 seasons.

So there is a 7 year countdown to the apocalypse in 2020. I guess that's one way for the producers to encourage to network to keep the series for a full 7 seasons.

That was pretty blatant (and funny.) "There's something really cryptic in this here book...clearly it means we need to be a mismatched buddy cop team fighting supernatural stuff for seven years!"

That was pretty blatant (and funny.) "There's something really cryptic in this here book...clearly it means we need to be a mismatched buddy cop team fighting supernatural stuff for seven years!"

Yeah, I thought that was funny too.

Nothing like the writers having a plan and stating it right in the pilot. "So if this works, we'll have a job for the next seven years...."

I expected this to be bad, but ended up really enjoying it. I'm looking forward to watching more and am hoping for the best.

The show looks to be doing well so far, so maybe that will give it some protection from cancellation. If it survives, Fox can always just cancel Almost Human.

Why make Ichabod Crane British? Not a complaint, I'm just curious about the writers' reasoning.

His character was originally a British soldier who later defected to join the rebellion.

Archived