Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

I'm enjoying the show so far, but it's stretched itself perhaps too thinly IMO. Lots of concurrent plots it has to jump between with lots of ground to cover which kind of feels like each episode almost has to struggle to cover everything. The first episode went off with a bang, frantic yet satisfying pacing but these last 2 eps have slowed it down considerably. I also find some scenes unnecessary making me wonder what the point of them are like the horny woman (cougar?) living across from Gus' apartment or the scene where Molly catches up with her whacko friend who mentions the egg-laying spider in the person's neck. Perhaps these scenes will make sense in later episode(s), but for now they've really left me scratching my head.

And going back to the first ep, after Lorne shoots the chief in Lester's house, he goes into the basement and then....just disappears? Is there an outlet there in the basement besides the main stairway? Did I miss something here, because how Lorne got out of Lester's house undetected was left completely unexplained and makes for somewhat of a gaping hole in the plot IMO. Oh well, it's only minor and I suppose we can just use our imagination (ninja-Lorne?).

I absolutely loved the 3rd episode. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite shows on right now. The entire cast has been brilliant. I was especially worried about the lead actress filling in for Frances McDormand, who was one of my favorite female leads in any movie ever in Fargo, but the actress playing Molly has been great. Now I see why the Coen brothers signed off on this.

Ixodes said Malvo was chaos, since episode 1 I had it in the back of my mind that he could be the devil. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be something more - or less - than human, some force of nature. In any case, something that being cornered in a basement would not be an obstacle.

Ixodes said Malvo was chaos, since episode 1 I had it in the back of my mind that he could be the devil. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be something more - or less - than human, some force of nature. In any case, something that being cornered in a basement would not be an obstacle.

Interesting thought.

And going back to the first ep, after Lorne shoots the chief in Lester's house, he goes into the basement and then....just disappears? Is there an outlet there in the basement besides the main stairway? Did I miss something here, because how Lorne got out of Lester's house undetected was left completely unexplained and makes for somewhat of a gaping hole in the plot IMO. Oh well, it's only minor and I suppose we can just use our imagination (ninja-Lorne?).

I thought I saw one of those basement windows down there.

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. I thought it was weird at first that Molly didn't seem to be the main cop, but they rectified that quickly. Billy Bob is great, and his messing with the clam guy and the motel lady was hilarious.

Totally incorporating more ya's and eh's into my speech.

Congratulations to SSW on an excellent performance on national television (US). I love how Billy Bob will smile the sweetest, most amused smile when asking certain questions and at the same time be such a soulless bastard. He is awesome! Don't kill dogs FFS!

I was wondering if they'd have any links to the movie other than just setting and atmosphere, so I cracked up when Malvo was looking at that framed ice scraper in Stavros's house. So that's where he got the money to start his business... Clever.

Great catch last week!

For those of us not as observant it was spelled out for us this week.

Another great episode, and now the series has a concrete connection to the film proper.

If Malvo isn't the Devil, then he is an agent of a vengeful Old Testament God - or thinks he is.

Also, I loved "Erstwhile on Fargo..."

I liked last night's episode. Malvo is in custody, using his phone call to guide the nitwit to get the correct number of crickets. "Do I sound like your mother?" Great stuff.

Malvo really is taking pity on Gus. Obviously he has no hesitation offing people in his way, but he's doing everything he can to warn Gus away. It'll be interesting to see how they pan out. Gus is way over his head and the outlook is grim.

Am I the only one that sees Molly as the anti-Cohle? Maybe that can be season 2 of True Detective. Cohle ends up in Bemidji, working a case with Molly.

Yeah, this episode was a winner. I cracked up at Malvo's alter ego, and the plague of crickets. Stavros is a true believer once more! :lol: Also, Lester needs to get that hand seen about. :ack: Now that he's on his way to jail, I assume that issue will get resolved for him.

I'm assuming by the way Lesters hand was wrapped up it was seen to in jail? Because I don't think he was wrapping it like that before(?)

But yeah, that's the only part of the show that slightly freaks me out, what with developing a sore on my foot and doing about the same thing Lester is right now, and eventually getting my little toe amputated.

I'm assuming by the way Lesters hand was wrapped up it was seen to in jail? Because I don't think he was wrapping it like that before(?)

But yeah, that's the only part of the show that slightly freaks me out, what with developing a sore on my foot and doing about the same thing Lester is right now, and eventually getting my little toe amputated.

Ah you're right, I was forgetting that last scene. I didn't notice whether his bandage looked fresh.

I liked last night's episode. Malvo is in custody, using his phone call to guide the nitwit to get the correct number of crickets. "Do I sound like your mother?" Great stuff.

Wouldn't that be locusts? (Or, rather Egyptian Grasshoppers.)

Stavros has been visited by the Plagues of Egypt, from Exodus. Dead dog, blood in water, locusts. He'll pay the blackmailer well before 'death of firstborn'.

Wouldn't that be locusts? (Or, rather Egyptian Grasshoppers.)

Stavros has been visited by the Plagues of Egypt, from Exodus. Dead dog, blood in water, locusts. He'll pay the blackmailer well before 'death of firstborn'.

In Minnesota crickets are as close as they come to locusts, dontcha know?

Especially during the winter. Oh yah.

I've been thinking even though it looks like fresh wraps on his hand in Jail, and it'd make logical sense for his hand to be check out upon being locked up, it doesn't make storyline sense for all that build up just for it to get healed.

His injured hand is his right hand, which he used to punch the policeman. Who knows, maybe they needed to check it before placing him in a cell. No open wounds or bleeding in jail? Anyway, his hand is his guilt manifested. I wouldn't be surprised if he does lose it in the end and feel better about things. Malvo is a fantastic smart predator. Scary really. I love that character.

Archived