Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Fargo is a city in North Dakota. I think when the 2 hit men guys said they were sent by Fargo, it meant the criminal enterprise. Like the mob saying NY or Chicago sent us.

Ahh! Thank you! I know about the city, but I wasn't sure whether that was code for a person as well. I see what you mean, though. :)

I enjoyed the second episode quite a bit.

The two guys from Fargo were great. The interplay between them and the people they met was pretty good.

Billy Bob, again, was fantastic. Him picking up his mail was just outstanding. Not to mention the way he just shut down the tough that was trying to run him off.

The only thing that was a bit off putting for me was the wierd mingling between the movie and the show(just watched the movie this weekend) when I first started to watch this episode. It took me a few minutes to get everything straight in my head about what was in the movie and not the show.

Well, I followed everyone's advice and I have to say that Fargo (the movie) is indeed a masterpiece. The acting, the visuals, the humour and especially the music were all top notch. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the word "ya", which I now - 5 minutes after watching the movie - hate with a fiery passion.

EDIT: Btw, at about three minutes in there is a GRRM look-a-like playing pool in the bar where Lundegaard first meets the kidnappers.

They immensely overdo the accents and folksy language. It is not as bad in the show. I actually think the dialogue is pretty good but my wife still hates it. We live about 70 miles from Fargo and Bemidji.

I can handle all sorts of bad horrible things happening to humans in shows, but a dog gets hurt and I'm all :crying: :bawl: :frown5:

My reaction to the show so far:

WTF?

:shocked:

more please
(just no more animal killing)

ETA:

Oh, and loved your scene SSW!!!

I too have never seen the movie but I watched the first episode and a bit of the second & I liked it quite a bit.

I didn't expect it to be so..weird(?) haha I was absolutely surprised & amused by how they manage to infuse humor into some of the more darker elements.

I must say though that I was devastated when Malvo gunned down the police chief, all I could think about was his poor pregnant wife.

Is Billy Bob just trying to torment the rich guy until he pays the blackmailer?

Allison Tolman is the frontrunner for the Emmy imo.

I think part of it is that he just loves fucking with people, but also he is trying to make the rich guy's life a living hell, motivating him to just pay the ransom and get it over with.

Malvo is chaos. He's got the best dialog and you don't know what he is going to do next. Billy Bob is a great choice for that role and I am so happy to see great actors willing to do work on TV shows. It's great to see some cable TV shows rising out of the ashes of the vast desert of reality shows.

I thought Hanks did a good job with Gus this episode. The scenes with him and Molly were great. It was a relief to see someone who made a mistake actually taking responsibility and not having their life come crashing down. I'm thinking that kind of character was rather foreign to the Coen brothers...

Archived