Fargo- the TV series

Baitac

Caught up with the show. Really like it so far. Billy Bob has been great as Malvo, I'm really loving Adam Goldberg and his partner though, their scenes always have me cracking up.

It's hard for me to picture Goldberg as anyone but the nerdy guy that gets beat up in Dazed and Confused (even after Saving Private Ryan). I agree with you though, those 2 have been pretty funny so far.

How did Malvo's picture get on the church website? Did I miss a scene earlier where that's set up?

Malvo certainly knows his bible. :P

I thought Gus was going to be a goner. Maybe the neighbour will bite the dust, though. But the wolf will be at the door for someone.

One would think someone in Minnesota would know that there are no crickets around in the depths of winter, and would be just a leetle bit suspicious.

I also enjoyed the scene with the drill, the screws and the pantry. Malvo does have a sense of humour.

ETA: Oh, and remind me never to shop for socks in Minnesota...

Loved it, again. This series is just so well acted and played out.

Was anyone else made a little queasy by the rapid development of the shotgun pellet in the hand wound? ewwwww.

The best thing about the show is still Billy Bob, IMO, but everyone else isn't far behind.

Okay so I just started this. Literally about 20 minutes into the pilot. Liking it so far.

But my god. Martin Freeman without an english accent is so off putting.

you get used to it quickly enough

this might be the best show in years

There was a palpable sense of dread this episode.

ok, I missed the part after Lester left the hospital, the dog just HAD to go out. So how'd he end up back there and what's with the shit eating grin?

And the fish? WTF? Is that something that we need to wait to be explained or an act of God or what?

Damn, still what an awesome episode!!!

I am really enjoying this show. The cinematography, score, and acting are all absolutely brilliant. I am however a little bit skeptical about the writing.

First off, I think that this story would have been better served to be told in six episodes rather than ten. I say this because there just seems to be so much stretching. I am still wondering why Malvo didn't just take the money last week when the Supermarket King was in his car with a bag of a million dollars.

Tonight, happenstance stretched the lines of credibility to a huge degree. The hipster hitmen just happened to run into Malvo in the same neighborhood he set up the homicide by cop mission, and that neighborhood just happened to contain the two police officers working the case. There just wasn't enough back story to get them all at the same place at the same time.

I am enjoying the show a great deal, but I don't think that it is nearly as good as its potential.

I am really enjoying this show. The cinematography, score, and acting are all absolutely brilliant. I am however a little bit skeptical about the writing.

First off, I think that this story would have been better served to be told in six episodes rather than ten. I say this because there just seems to be so much stretching. I am still wondering why Malvo didn't just take the money last week when the Supermarket King was in his car with a bag of a million dollars.

Tonight, happenstance stretched the lines of credibility to a huge degree. The hipster hitmen just happened to run into Malvo in the same neighborhood he set up the homicide by cop mission, and that neighborhood just happened to contain the two police officers working the case. There just wasn't enough back story to get them all at the same place at the same time.

I am enjoying the show a great deal, but I don't think that it is nearly as good as its potential.

The hitmen didn't just happen to run into Malvo, they were tracking him down so they could kill him. Last week they got Malvo's name from Lester and at the beginning of the show tonight the big boss gave the order to their contact (the Australian guy) that Malvo is to be killed.They ran into his car maybe due to the weather but maybe to get him out of the car so they could gun him down. Either way they were not there by just happenstance.

Molly and Grimly were in the same neighborhood because their investigations into Malvo's activity lead them to Stavros who Malvo was still in the area dealing with to get the money. And I still think Malvo's and agent of God/The Devil/Chaos. The Fish? :stunned:

I think if there's a big storm fish can get sucked up into it, and then dropped somewhere else. On the other hand aren't fish a christian symbol, so maybe it's something like malvo's the devil. I've not seen the episode yet.

I think if there's a big storm fish can get sucked up into it, and then dropped somewhere else. On the other hand aren't fish a christian symbol, so maybe it's something like malvo's the devil. I've not seen the episode yet.

There was a similar scene with frogs in the movie Magnolia. That was the first thing that came to my mind.

Also, damn Lester is a PoS. I hope he meets a bad end. And Molly getting shot was pretty shocking, although I'm sure she'll survive. Grimly should have done everyone a favor and held out for that mailman job.

Archived