NBC's Hannibal III: Swimming in blood and emptiness

Tony Soprano

http://deadline.com/2015/07/hannibal-aquarius-saturday-schedule-move-nbc-1201475482/

Well that's just insult to injury. Guess we wait til Saturday night to visit Muskrat Farm.

Yeah - they are really burying this season. Nice self-fulfilling prophecy for them ensuring ratings continue to drop.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm frustrated about not getting my weekly fix.

Yeah - they are really burying this season. Nice self-fulfilling prophecy for them ensuring ratings continue to drop.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm frustrated about not getting my weekly fix.

That was the most memorable TV I've seen since season 1 ep 4 of TD. Like a fucked up nightmare you can't take your eyes off. And yeah NBC dumps it for Dateline, way to go douchenozzles. Why does no one want to show this? Why won't Netflix pick this up when they're happy to fund crap like Orange is the new black and House of Cards? Why????? It's too beautiful to die. Anyway spoiler alert, NO super slow mo blood drop cut away this episode, is all business....you've been warned.

Why won't Netflix pick this up when they're happy to fund crap like Orange is the new black and House of Cards?

Coz Amazon have the streaming rights to the first three seasons and won't give them up to Netflix.

Anyway, that was cracking. One hell of a troll move there.

Coz Amazon have the streaming rights to the first three seasons and won't give them up to Netflix.

Anyway, that was cracking. One hell of a troll move there.

Give what up to Netflix? If they can't get a network or streaming service to show season 4 there won't be a season 4. So Amazon won't give up the rights to something that won't exist?

Anyway spoiler alert 2, there is a cut away to a super slo mo shot of a breaking tea cup..make of that what you will.

I can understand why netflix prefers to have its own shows. In the UK it tends to be amazon that picks up failing shows (eg BBC ones). Arrested Development is the only show I can think of where netflix has rescued a show from cancellation? Breaking Bad is the only other one that comes to mind but it was never in threat of cancellation but netflix and that show probably owe each other in a symbiotic sense.

I can understand why a network once to be known for the shows it creates rather than just being the one that picks up strays.

The cancellation of Hannibal is the final proof that we live in an unjust world. Professor Pangloss can kiss my ass if this is the best of all possible worlds :(

Episode seven was just perfect. It's just so beautifully strange. Why can't we just crowdfund the rest of the show. This is certainly worth twenty bucks a season for me.

No where. There isn't a next season.

That's not quite a foregone conclusion yet. Netflix and Amazon are both out (apparently, Amazon actually wanted to pick up a new season but according to Fuller basically wanted it NOW, so he passed). But other avenues are still being explored. I'm not very confident at this point, but Hannibal isn't completely dead at this point. Just mostly dead. 

Archived