[Book Spoilers] The Duel

Lena is just awesome when it comes to spoilers! (this and the stoneheart in her garden) I just hope they don't include too many eye-contacts between Tyrion and Cersei/Tywin/Jamie/Bronn/Varys/..., it would just be too much. A goodbye moment between Oberyna and Ellaria as he realises his fate would be nice. Also, I hope they dub my countryman if he (hopefully) gets some lines, -that "Who am I fighting" was quite horrible... :ack:

this is a scene that i really hope stays pretty close to the books. i'm usually not that guy, but it was just so fantastically written. i want the say her name stuff, which i think will be in given oberyn's constant talking about her.

i reeeaaallly want the end to happen just how it did in the book though. i need to see the mountain on his back "oberyn had wings" and the final wrestling match before his head gets bashed in. that will make for some amazing television.

Anything people are hoping to see in particular? Oberyn being an intelligent fighter. Gregor being fearsome. Oberyn's constant chant. Gregor's confession. The more faithful to the novel, the better in this particular sequence. At the very least, it looks to be beautifully-shot. What's been your favorite single combat in the series to date? Easily the Hound vs. Beric, which was also directed by Alex Graves and gives me some hope that he'll do this fight right. The duel is my favorite action sequence in all the books and I hope I feel similarly when I see it on screen.

As for the Unsullied? I expect a Red Wedding-esque reaction. Anything short will be disappointing.

But what's your opinion on the matter? (I understand if you would rather not comment.)

I hope the ending goes like: Gregor smashes in Oberyn's face, Ellaria starts screaming and crying, Tyrion starts vomiting, then immediately it cuts to black and the Dornishman's Wife plays cheerfully over the credits. I've has this as my mental image for the scene for so long I'm bound to be disappointed though.

I hope the ending goes like: Gregor smashes in Oberyn's face, Ellaria starts screaming and crying, Tyrion starts vomiting, then immediately it cuts to black and the Dornishman's Wife plays cheerfully over the credits. I've has this as my mental image for the scene for so long I'm bound to be disappointed though.

That would be more jarring than that awful song in 3x03 end credits

^Well I doubt they'd do a folk punk rendering. In my head I picture the Dornishman's wife being a moody harmonic minor toned sort of thing. Karliene's cover on youtube is pretty cool too. But as I said, wouldn't we have heard about another band being commissioned to do it by now?

^Well I doubt they'd do a folk punk rendering. In my head I picture the Dornishman's wife being a moody harmonic minor toned sort of thing. Karliene's cover on youtube is pretty cool too. But as I said, wouldn't we have heard about another band being commissioned to do it by now?

We would, definitely. I'm still hoping for soundtrack details to show up really soon.

BTW all, Pedro Pascal has an AMA going on reddit for anyone interested. So far I've read a few duel-related answers, obviously without spoilers in them. Might be of interest to this thread.

It's not very revealing about upcoming scene but my God what a charming and nice guy.

^The National did a concert in Belfast during filming, so there's a slim chance that the singer sang over one of Ramin's backing tracks to make the Dornishman's wife. But really that is one hundred percent wishful thinking on my part. There have been no actual indications of that nature. Anyways that guy's voice would better suit the Last of the Giants, which it also looks like we won't get.

^The National did a concert in Belfast during filming, so there's a slim chance that the singer sang over one of Ramin's backing tracks to make the Dornishman's wife. But really that is one hundred percent wishful thinking on my part. There have been no actual indications of that nature. Anyways that guy's voice would better suit the Last of the Giants, which it also looks like we won't get.

It kinda looks to me like they are limiting the songs to one per season and we already had Sigur Ros this year. But the National singing again for the show would be really great.

^Which is a shame because so far Westeros has only two songs. And both of those songs would really help to add richness to the Dornish and Wildling cultures.

If what we've heard of the acoustic guitar in the Dornish theme and the percussion that played when the Mountain was taking down those randoms is enough of an indication though, the duel and end credits will be well-scored anyways. Ramin does a great job. The recorded songs from the books are just bonuses really.

EDIT: BTW, I hope the Americans on these boards feel real special for delaying the episode for another week. I hope one day there's a big hit Canadian show that American actually like and then you have to miss it one week because of the Victoria Day long weekend. Goshdarn you and your cultural hegemony!

EDIT: BTW, I hope the Americans on these boards feel real special for delaying the episode for another week. I hope one day there's a big hit Canadian show that American actually like and then you have to miss it one week because of the Victoria Day long weekend. Goshdarn you and your cultural hegemony!

:lol: Sorry! I'm not BBQing until tomorrow, there's nothing I'd like more than to relax with a few beers and watch episode 8 tonight.

I sit here stunned that I somehow survived the break before RW episode last year. But this? Prolonging my wait for trial by combat, Stannis (hopefully unshaven and in furs) and Stoneheart (hopefully)? This is the worst.

Archived