Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain on FX

Maester Llama

Finally, some head-lopping. And it couldn't have come a moment too soon.

I've gotta say, this is probably the most disgusting show so far on television when it comes to ick factor. It certainly would give all the Twilighters second thoughts about vampirism! Nothing beautiful or sparkly about these.

That autopsy alone kinda ruined my dinner.

I've gotta say, this is probably the most disgusting show so far on television when it comes to ick factor. It certainly would give all the Twilighters second thoughts about vampirism! Nothing beautiful or sparkly about these.

Funny, I was eating while watching that scene. I must be one sick bastard. :P

Funny, I was eating while watching that scene. I must be one sick bastard. :P

Oh, I didn't say I was totally put off my victuals. It just "kinda" ruined them. :lol:

What'd you think of that looooooooooooooooooonnnnnggg-ass tongue that connected to either a spinal column or a complete intestinal system? Eh? I was marveling at the effect of it.

The autopsy scene, to be totally frank, intrigued me so much that I had to watch it twice. :eek:

Oh, I didn't say I was totally put off my victuals. It just "kinda" ruined them. :lol:

What'd you think of that looooooooooooooooooonnnnnggg-ass tongue that connected to either a spinal column or a complete intestinal system? Eh? I was marveling at the effect of it.

The autopsy scene, to be totally frank, intrigued me so much that I had to watch it twice. :eek:

It looked more like it connected to the spinal column and it also kinda explains why there was no need for genitals, as the "tongue" looked to have its root towards the bottom of the torso. :)

I have to say; the thought of people's junk falling off around the city totally cracked me up.

I know. I'm a sicko.

Let's face it - if you watch this show, you ARE a sicko. No denying that. :P

And about people's junk falling off, how about the rock star guy? Didn't he reach down and crack his own junk off? Talk about hard core - I mean, that beats biting the head off a bat ANY day. :unsure:

Let's face it - if you watch this show, you ARE a sicko. No denying that. :P

And about people's junk falling off, how about the rock star guy? Didn't he reach down and crack his own junk off? Talk about hard core - I mean, that beats biting the head off a bat ANY day. :unsure:

It was my impression that it fell off with the last piss he took.

Another thing, up until the scene with the shed, I felt a lot of pity for the wife of the guy with glasses. Now it looks like we have the makings of a psycho.

It was my impression that it fell off with the last piss he took.

Another thing, up until the scene with the shed, I felt a lot of pity for the wife of the guy with glasses. Now it looks like we have the makings of a psycho.

She set off my Spidey senses as soon as she came on-screen. Just the way she acted about her husband, with the irrational fear of him leaving the house, of flying, and some other things I can't recall right now, signaled that she was off the track.

I guess rather than be without him entirely, she'd put up with needing to feed him human victims - just so long as he's around. :dunno:

I did feel for her when she was crying over the dog, though. :(

It's getting pretty disgusting, but I'm not sure if it can overtake Hannibal in that regard.

Well, I knew she couldn't live without her husband, but I didn't think **that** would happen. :( Too sad.

Other than that, Sunday's episode didn't ring my chime much. More like got me hoping for better things ahead... like a group of people in-the-know who join Abraham and Eph (can't wrap my head around that name) in lopping off heads. It's fairly certain Eph's girlfriend will succumb at some point, although I hope it doesn't go there. That's too predictable.

I like that we are shown enough of these folks to care about what happens to them, at least IMHO. Like the husband chaining himself up in the shed to protect his wife and kids, and the nanny who bundles the lawyer's kids out of the house to save them from... who the hell knows what, she's probably thinking.

I particularly like Rat-Catcher guy. Hope he gets with the team. They sorta had me on the edge of my seat when he was investigating the sewers. :eek: !!!!

Maybe the episode wasn't as meh as I thought. :P

Archived