Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain on FX

Maester Llama

I guess I'm the only one that found Gus completely uninteresting. His story was totally disconnected from everyone else's and gave us nothing but more zombie-vamps right up until the end. I can't even like or dislike him because he's not even interesting-the final development was.

I guess I'm the only one that found Gus completely uninteresting. His story was totally disconnected from everyone else's and gave us nothing but more zombie-vamps right up until the end. I can't even like or dislike him because he's not even interesting-the final development was.

I agree but his story should be more interesting as part of the vampire turf war.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am finally sitting down to watch The Strain. I have a couple of observations so far...

1. I guess Filch left Hogwarts to become Van Helsing. I wonder if this is before or after he kills Rob Stark...

2. I am really happy that vampires are not "shiney" A proper vampire really should just eat you...

3. These people are terrible CDC agents. I mean ridiculously bad.

Overall, it is right on the line for me whether I want to watch or not. I am 6 episodes in, and every single episode has contained a laugh out loud moment for me because of how poorly written a plot point is. I also think that the SFX are really lousy. On the other hand, it is nice to see vampires actually doing vampire things instead of falling in love with high school girls.

Archived