Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain on FX

Maester Llama

I don't think Abraham was going wacky at the end. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember him taking 'heart medicine' in one of the earlier episodes. Maybe he's got angina or something...

And yeah, that kid has to go. Why do TV writers constantly feel the need to populate their shows with extremely annoying family members? Nobody cares about these guys, so enough already.

It's a vampire show. You need wives, parents and kids to kill off for the angst.

I sincerely hope that the Good Vampire Squad keeps showing up at the most random moments, and leave it completely unexplained. It would make a great running joke.

Eph and Nora banging on the floor? Bam, Good Vamp Squad shows up. Fet and Hacker Girl about to make out? Bam, Good Vamp Squad Shows up. Abraham crying over losing his wife's heart? Bam, Good Vamp Squad shows up.

Make it so!

Agreed.... Walder Filch and Blob are the best part of this show.

Heh heh, made me snort coffee through out nose!

This makes me feel like an evil person, but I was relieved to see Nora's mother get killed. That dynamic was so annoying to me. Actually Nora is very annoying to me. Maybe now she might develop some interesting traits (like anger), instead of whining all the time.

The most annoying grandma in the history of television is gone. Yay. I was sort of hoping that Mama Nora would get offed by playing around with the heart and worm jar. That thing was a plague waiting to happen.

The worst PSA ever to broadcast was made. Yay. Can't imagine anyone will take it seriously considering how bad Eph fucked that up.

Vamp squad showed up! Yay! I'm down with them becoming the running joke.

I'm enjoying this more than the book. I think there's something about tv being more passive than reading that doesn't make me feel so bad about enjoying trash. It also helps that the direction is often pretty good. The new vampire lore was always great.

The most annoying grandma in the history of television is gone. Yay. I was sort of hoping that Mama Nora would get offed by playing around with the heart and worm jar. That thing was a plague waiting to happen.

The worst PSA ever to broadcast was made. Yay. Can't imagine anyone will take it seriously considering how bad Eph fucked that up.

Vamp squad showed up! Yay! I'm down with them becoming the running joke.

I'm so happy she's dead. I don't even feel bad saying that. She had zero redeeming qualities.

And yeah, I thought the same thing about the PSA - it sucked. He didn't even tell anyone how to kill them. And they were soooooo proud.

Right! Why the heck didn't he at least practice one time to ensure he's get all the facts out?

I want more Gus!

Me too. At this point, he's the only character that's not totally inept other than the vamps. And I'm starting to root for them out of sheer contrariness.

Also: why does Setrakian suck as a vampire hunter? Has he had a single success?

The show is almost done and I have no idea what the vampire squad or the friend of the fat guy are doing. They're just...there.

He really does suck. All of them do - it's embarrassing. But, I'm hoping they hone their skills and actually get good at it.

I'm still horrified by how bad the makeup is for the King Vampire. He looks like a total IDIOT. He's ridiculous.

I'm with ES: King Vampire looks more fit for Muppet Babies than a horror show.

I can't believe they plan to continue the show with it being the main antagonist.

Imagine if this goes on for twelve seasons like Sons of Anarchy with this joke hanging around.

I can't believe they plan to continue the show with it being the main antagonist.

Imagine if this goes on for twelve seasons like Sons of Anarchy with this joke hanging around.

It's so stupid. The vampire minions are way scarier than PuffnStuff Vampire from Saturday morning 70's tv.

His big, stupid paws just make me giggle. That's not the reaction the Strain people are looking for, I don't think.

It's so stupid. The vampire minions are way scarier than PuffnStuff Vampire from Saturday morning 70's tv.

His big, stupid paws just make me giggle. That's not the reaction the Strain people are looking for, I don't think.

They can always have him "evolve" if he's in the next season if they hear such a general negative reaction.

For those who've read the books, were the goody/hoody vampires in it? I don't recall them at all.

They can always have him "evolve" if he's in the next season if they hear such a general negative reaction.

For those who've read the books, were the goody/hoody vampires in it? I don't recall them at all.

They were. They just didn't pop out of the bushes to shoot a few vamps then rush on with their vague quest.

Archived