So how many people think Dany is the younger more beautiful queen?

larastone

As I said its about the chain of events and the time those events take that has to happen. We know there will be multiple people to sit the throne before the end, we know there will be a second dance of dragons, so basically Aegon has to come to power before Dany arrives and there is no way for that to happen where Cersei stays in power, especially since the same prophecy says both her children will die first.

I can't come up with any train of events where Cersei is still in power when Dany arrives, but I can see why Aegon and Sansa would marry/ why if the Tyrells were forced to leave KL to fight Aegon/ the Ironborn and Sansa got control of the Vale and or Rickon turned up in the North Sansa would turn south instead of North.

As I said its about the chain of events and the time those events take that has to happen. We know there will be multiple people to sit the throne before the end, we know there will be a second dance of dragons, so basically Aegon has to come to power before Dany arrives and there is no way for that to happen where Cersei stays in power, especially since the same prophecy says both her children will die first.

I can't come up with any train of events where Cersei is still in power when Dany arrives, but I can see why Aegon and Sansa would marry/ why if the Tyrells were forced to leave KL to fight Aegon/ the Ironborn and Sansa got control of the Vale and or Rickon turned up in the North Sansa would turn south instead of North.

its possible that Cersei escapes to Casterly Rock by the time Aegon reaches KL, therefore when Dany reaches KL to roast Aegon and take over the throne...she already is taking over everything Cersei holds dear even if it isn't as direct

Now I have a confession to make: I am the last person to cotton on to significant plot developments in GOT. My most embarrassing moment happened when I read Theon's POV chapter when Roose and that awful Ramsay and the northern lords stay at Winterfell. And then there were these six washerwomen and the singer, and I was like "How strange that Martin goes on and on about these washerwomen, why does he do it, why are they relevant, I can't imagine why they are important." And later (even more embarassing): "I can't think why on earth they would do something as risky as rescuing Jane. I wonder why they are doing it. They are just washerwomen, for heaven's sake." *see me blush

The big revelation came much, much later, when I read one of the threads here and suddenly SAW. *ohtheshame :bang:

This thread is equally eye-opening. Not once did it cross my mind that Dany could be the younger, more beautiful queen. I always put my money on Margaery or one of the sand snakes, possibly Arianne. But of course it could be Dany, unless the timeline doesn't work. If Cersei is removed from power permanently in WOW, Dany might not make it to Westeros in time to depose her.

Anyway, after the washerwomen disaster I will certainly be alert to any beautiful, young, silver haired girls scrubbing the stairs in the Red Keep while awkwardly hiding a knife in case Cersei walks past!

I understand why a lot of people want Sansa to get back at Cersei, but I also feel like a lot of people are vehemently against Dany being the younger more beautiful queen....why is that so?? Is it because Dany fits the part of so many other prophecies already??

Maybe because as of now, Cersei and Dany have pretty much nothing to do with one another. I'm not a fan of Cersei, so I would prefer her downfall to be somewhat of a personal blow. I'm not sure being deposed by the badass Mother of Dragons has quite the same taste of justice as being destroyed by an underdog.

Let me rephrase your question. How many people think Cersei, after Joffrey's death, after Tywin's death, imprisoned, removed from power, accused of grievous crimes (to Jaime's complete indifference), paraded naked before jeering crowds... still hasn't lost anything that she held dear? If you consider the "younger and more beautiful queen" to be a yet-unfulfilled part of the prophecy, then apparently none of the above, children, Jaime, pride, power, dignity, is something that Cersei holds dear. If not those, though, then what?

Let me rephrase your question. How many people think Cersei, after Joffrey's death, after Tywin's death, imprisoned, removed from power, accused of grievous crimes (to Jaime's complete indifference), paraded naked before jeering crowds... still hasn't lost anything that she held dear? If you consider the "younger and more beautiful queen" to be a yet-unfulfilled part of the prophecy, then apparently none of the above, children, Jaime, pride, power, dignity, is something that Cersei holds dear. If not those, though, then what?

Cersei only cares about herself. Everything else in her life is a means to further her goals-- Whether it be family or children. So taking what she holds dear is her own life. Her last POV chapter we still see that, despite being paraded naked, she still has her schemes, and isn't beaten yet (in her mind).

I understand why a lot of people want Sansa to get back at Cersei, but I also feel like a lot of people are vehemently against Dany being the younger more beautiful queen....why is that so?? Is it because Dany fits the part of so many other prophecies already??

I have no idea. It's not like Cersei and her family destroyed her family, killed her father, held her prisoner, married her to Tyrion, allowed Joff to humiliate and abuse her for everyone to see, killed everyone she loved and basically destroyed her life.

BTW; I believe that is neither Sansa nor Dany.

I'm not opposed to Dani, I just think Sansa, a Martell or Margery would be more fitting as they all have a history with Cersi and or Tywin.

I just don't want it to be Sansa if it means her death, it be poetic if the Starks end up ruling both North and South and a maid could walk the Kings road from the wall to Dorne in her name day suit in safety.

Maybe because as of now, Cersei and Dany have pretty much nothing to do with one another. I'm not a fan of Cersei, so I would prefer her downfall to be somewhat of a personal blow. I'm not sure being deposed by the badass Mother of Dragons has quite the same taste of justice as being destroyed by an underdog.

:agree: Absolutely this.

She started to lose everything the moment she decided to fulfil the prophecy and giving Robert bastards instead of legitimate children.

That happened after Robert said "Lyanna".

Lyanna was a Queen. Queen of Love and Beauty.

Archived