Gotham TV (Vol. 2)

Quoth

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well, I guess I am done watching Gotham. If she is just in one episode I will deal with her but more than that and I either fast forward through all her scenes or quit the show.

Maybe people with taste will boycott her episodes?

Yeah I have no interest in seeing any episode she's in. Season 2 has been so much better without her. Unfortunately this says she'll be in "multiple" episodes, so she might have a significant arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotham promo including BD Wong's Hugo Strange.

Looks like he gets his hands on Penguin too.

And speaking of Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) – Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller previously teased that Strange “makes a new man of him in many ways,” when the pair cross paths on the show. FOX has released a promo for Gotham‘s return that shows the Penguin incarcerated and chained up in some unidentified facility, which TVInsider has now confirmed is, indeed, Arkham Asylum – the place that Strange is currently running. Wong further teased that the encounter between Strange and Oswald will be a memorable one for the latter in particular, saying that “He is never the same from the moment he walks through the door.”

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

BD Wong was great as Hugo Strange. 

I thought so, too!

Pretty sure that I'm hating Gordon literally getting away with murder...

19 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

The thing that I'm trying to figure out is what the rationale will be for naming baby Gordon, Barbara

"Hey Jim, if it's a girl, let's name her after your psycho ex-girlfriend"

Barbara 1.0 kidnaps her!

I'd personally prefer they just ignore all the Batman lore we know and just see where this goes. It's not like it's eventually going to morph into a proper Batman thing in the end, at most we'll see Bruce put on the cowl as the last shot.

50 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Barbara 1.0 kidnaps her!

I'd personally prefer they just ignore all the Batman lore we know and just see where this goes. It's not like it's eventually going to morph into a proper Batman thing in the end, at most we'll see Bruce put on the cowl as the last shot.

Why can't it become a proper Bat man show?

On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Martini Sigil said:

The thing that I'm trying to figure out is what the rationale will be for naming baby Gordon, Barbara

"Hey Jim, if it's a girl, let's name her after your psycho ex-girlfriend"

My thoughts exactly...why does this show exist? It's as if the Adam West show from the 60s just happened to be a little more bloody and ciolent, Gotham is just as campy...

I just want to say how much I'm enjoying BD Wong as Strange, I have no idea how someone comes up with a casting like that, but it's brilliant. Mazouz is also very very good.

Some of the visual stuff from Freeze freezing stuff was cool, but I was still thinking the whole time of Frozone.

Galavan, Jerome, armless man (seriously who? Dumas?,) and Fish all returning thrill me less. We knew Fish was back, but urghghg, how did they not get that people hated her?

Galavan returning? Hadn't heard that. Well, that oughta get Gordon off the hook for the murder. Although, technically he'd still have an attempted murder rap lurking.

Odd episode. But, I'm liking the gradual emergence of the Riddler. "Matches" Malone... isn't that the name Batman uses when he's in disguise, prowling the docks and bars looking for information?

On 3/1/2016 at 7:44 PM, The BlackBear said:

Barbara 1.0 kidnaps her!

Yes. I wish they'd just kill or cripple Bruce and go from there as a "what if Gordon had to do it without Batman" story. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yes. I wish they'd just kill or cripple Bruce and go from there as a "what if Gordon had to do it without Batman" story. 

I wouldn't go that far as I think David Mazouz is an absolute delight to watch. But make it more Batman inspired than a Batman prologue.

Wow. Seriously loving the Riddler character development! And oddly, since I loved Michael Chiklis in "The Shield", I really don't like his constant "over the top angry" character in this show.

58 minutes ago, Quoth said:

Wow. Seriously loving the Riddler character development! And oddly, since I loved Michael Chiklis in "The Shield", I really don't like his constant "over the top angry" character in this show.

FUCK YOUR CHAIRS!

Riddler was good, not liking Bruce being on 'the streets' though. And stop announcing who you are!

Just now, The BlackBear said:

FUCK YOUR CHAIRS!

Riddler was good, not liking Bruce being on 'the streets' though. And stop announcing who you are!

Yeah. You'd think Selena would wise him up on that.

Is there a way out for Gordon without Nigma being exposed...?

Archived