MisterOJ

iZombie on the CW

218 posts in this topic

I don't use twitter but stumbled across the twitter feeds of some of the cast. It's great how much enthusiasm they have for this show. It really pays off in their performances.

Also the IT Technician will be back, apparently. 

There was so much to love about this episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 months doesn't seem like long enough for the outbreak, it seems longer in my head.

Great episode anyway.

I know all tv shows are doing commentary on politics right now, but I think I like this shows version the best. Tensions within society and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I looked up the wikipedia entry for the comic this show is based on and it's not even close to an adaptation, except for the eating brains to gain memories premise.  Not any of the same characters, plus there's a ghost in the main cast and were-terrier.

Edited by SpaceChampion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the were-terrier. Not so fussed on ghosts.

Kinda miffed at the way they did Ravi / Peyton. Ravi's actions seem too out of character, unless there is some history there yet to be revealed.

Sorry avoiding spoilers as no one seems to have mentioned this episode yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww Major. :crying:

There was a bit of a strange tonal shift with the funny case, and the fact he was actually in a military operation, and then having to take the cure. I think they could have put a lesser case here or just devoted the episode to Major.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I've liked about the show is how they kept changing directions for Major. So I am intrigued to see where they take him now. My prediction is they will make him evil, as opposed to Blaine, and he would break the hearts of his loved ones.

I, honestly, expected for that scene to end differently. I thought FG would bust into the house demanding to learn about this zombie cure, preventing Major from receiving it there and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw, Don E just wanted a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Aw, Don E just wanted a friend.

I do slightly wonder why Blaine Senior is keeping him around, sure when he was frozen he needed to agree. Just whack him now right? He clearly has no qualms about morality, and Don E is so obviously a liability. I do like the idea of the hulking brute, who has foot pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I do slightly wonder why Blaine Senior is keeping him around, sure when he was frozen he needed to agree. Just whack him now right? He clearly has no qualms about morality, and Don E is so obviously a liability. I do like the idea of the hulking brute, who has foot pain.

Experience in the brain-dealing business maybe. Or he's just a convenient asset at the moment and can be disposed off as soon as it is suitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVED the Blaine reveal tonight.  They handled that perfectly.  I have sure found the last two brains Liv has been on super annoying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RedEyedGhost Agree on both counts. I think the weekly brains (with the exception of Major on teen girl brain, which is still my favourite) have been weaker this season but the overall story has been great. I think the show as a whole is just as good as ever though. 

What was Blaine doing at the end of this episode? I understand he was making the memory formula, but why? What can he do with it? 

I'm surprised we've seen almost nothing of Daddy Blaine since he thawed out. 

I hope we get more time with the conspiracy nuts and Vivian now that Major is cured. I loved the past few episodes but I do want to see more development on that front too.

Glad to see it renewed for another season. I suppose that means the cure is either rendered ineffective, destroyed, or something happens to stop Liv taking it. 

(Third time lucky, been trying to reply for a while)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What was Blaine doing at the end of this episode? I understand he was making the memory formula, but why? What can he do with it? 

I think he's looking to make a whole new business of giving intense memories to zombies.  Soak a brain in the blue stuff, they get many minutes of memories of the people whose brain they consume, instead of just a few seconds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2017 at 6:48 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

LOVED the Blaine reveal tonight.  They handled that perfectly.  I have sure found the last two brains Liv has been on super annoying though.

I'd assume that's intentional, seeing her chance to take the cure has gone now.

 

I was very annoyed with the interaction where Peyton tells Ravi and Liv about Blaine's memory. Peyton apologises to Ravi (who whilst right about Blaine was still an unreasonable dick about it,) and no one thinks to comfort her.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

(Third time lucky, been trying to reply for a while)

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-13 at 11:33 AM, The BlackBear said:

I'd assume that's intentional, seeing her chance to take the cure has gone now.

 

I was very annoyed with the interaction where Peyton tells Ravi and Liv about Blaine's memory. Peyton apologises to Ravi (who whilst right about Blaine was still an unreasonable dick about it,) and no one thinks to comfort her.

Me too.

Well Ravi was only very recently right about Blaine. Up until that episode he legit believed Blaine had still completely lost his memory. And even when he told Peyton he was only a bit suspicious rather than totally sure. So pretty much all of Ravi's dickishness towards Peyton remains as being totally dickish.

So I assume Major gave his dose to that girl he promised to find a cure for back when he was the chaos un-killer. 

Not sure what Blaine is going to do with that memory formula, unless he's going to be able modify it for recreational use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Well Ravi was only very recently right about Blaine. Up until that episode he legit believed Blaine had still completely lost his memory. And even when he told Peyton he was only a bit suspicious rather than totally sure. So pretty much all of Ravi's dickishness towards Peyton remains as being totally dickish.

So I assume Major gave his dose to that girl he promised to find a cure for back when he was the chaos un-killer.

Not sure what Blaine is going to do with that memory formula, unless he's going to be able modify it for recreational use.

Yep. We saw him do that a couple of episodes ago.

I liked the weekly brain this week. Sockpuppets and note-passing, heh. Ravi's comment on Liv's boyfriend history was funny :lol: 

My takeaway from Blaine and his father's henchman is that Blaine actually did steal the cure (hence, 'I have a lot of money.' Don E kept mentioning how profitable it would be).

The dominatrix case being in the background all season has been interesting and I guess it's going to pay off towards the finale. Presumably something is on the memory card beyond S&M sessions and someone wants to stop it getting out.

Hopefully we get more Vivian next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

forum error

Edited by Corvinus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;¦¯&undefined;¸&undefined;-&undefined;®¯»-²³&undefined;µ¶¼¸¹º»¼&undefined;&undefined;

Fascinating. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now