Eligible Works for Hugo Worldcon 2016 - Deadline 31st March!

TannerSack

5 minutes ago, serdog said:

A question for those who know. For best related work how "related" does it have to be?

It's basically left to the judgement of the nominators; it's assumed that if lots of people think it's sufficiently related to nominate, that carries more weight than the opinion of the administrator. About the only thing they'll do is move nominations to more appropriate categories, eg shifting an over-long short story nomination to novelette.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

But if everyone withdraws.  If no one but VD's supporters vote haven't we just ceded the Hugos to VD?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/68/b0/25/68b025a73344970e9703c6af3da978b7.jpg

Yes, VD slated some good works, potentially award-worthy. But they're probably not the works the genuine Hugo nominators would have chosen. Look at the Nebula shortlist - the three non-Puppy novel finalists are also all Nebula finalists, while the two from VD's slate are not. In Novella, Binti is a Nebula finalist, none of the Puppy nominations are. The same in Novelette. I'm not saying the Hugo ballot should be identical to the Nebula ballot, but the 100% overlap here is certainly interesting.

The thing is Vox Day  Tantrum Teddy isn't interested in having good works win Hugos his stated objective is to TNT the whole system for ....  . reasons. So he picks some good deserving works or persons then have the so-called SJW vote "No Award" to "prove" it all about politics on the other the objective changes if those works win. Basically Tantrum Teddy is trying to set up a "Kobayashi Maru" situation. Basicly the way he loses is to treat voting like any other year if a work is good vote for it above no award if its a joke or not fit for that category put no award ahead of it. 

20 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, is VD wanted to draw attention from outside the fandom to what an assclown he is, Space Raptor Butt Invasion seems to have done the trick.

Seems like Chuck Tingle is the one coming out the best from all of this, honestly, with My Little Pony a close second. The reaction to him and to me on various sites (obviously because of the choice I made in publisher) is night and day.

1 hour ago, marcaramini said:

Seems like Chuck Tingle is the one coming out the best from all of this, honestly, with My Little Pony a close second. The reaction to him and to me on various sites (obviously because of the choice I made in publisher) is night and day.

Change the title of your book to "Pounded in the Butt by Gene Wolfe" and see if that helps.

In my house, there is a decade long contest over terrible book covers.   My brother gave up the crown when Kat introduced me to Amish Vampires in Space last year.   I had to give it back when he bought me Pride of Chanur.  (Space cats, wat).  

Tingle won me the crown back, but now my brother is making me buy all Tingle's paperbacks for his library.   

Archived