Dating: Not just for mating

Sagittarius for the win.

I have some interest in astrology and numerology, tarot and the like, but it's not a massive part of my life. I'm mostly skeptical, but I still like exploring it.

I also like to know which patronus I would have (a phoenix), so there's that I guess. :P

There was an option for "______, and it's fun to think about" which wouldn't have been a dealbreaker for me. I only cared if they were genuinely serious about it.

I would be skeptical of dating someone who claims astrology is important to them, unless they also claim that Sagittariuses are the best. I find that opinion very wise and rational.

It would be fine if it said '_______ is my spirit animal' because I am totally ok with telling people that 'fennel is my spirit animal' or possibly 'Fou Foune is my spirit animal'. My patronus would most likely look like a bottle of Fou Foune as well. Or an apricot.

Getting mixed signals from this girl I'm dating.  Been on 5 or so dates, have had a good time on all of them, definitely some mutual physical attraction, and after our last date she really wanted to make sure we had plans to see each other again before going out of town last weekend.  She cancelled those last minute, which wasn't a big deal since she said she wanted to see me as soon as she got back.  Well, that didn't happen either, so I asked if she was free some time this week to which she replied "yes :)", but then added she wasn't sure which day would work.  I told her to let me know when she does and haven't heard from her since.

So, is this just her impulsiveness, or something else?  Should I just ride it out and be happy that she wants to take things ultra slowly (I'm not ready for a real relationship anyway....)?  That's the route I'm planning, but wanted to see what the hive-mind thinks.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think she's just busy.  Not gonna worry about it.  Will see if she's free tomorrow and if not see if I can set something up for when I get back from an out of town wedding this weekend.

I'm sure you're all just dying to hear about my date with Bowtie. He actually almost pulled it off. It was a pretty good outfit and classy bowtie. I'm not sure we really hit it off but we were good at trivia. (Between a math teacher and a physics teacher, we can really nail estimation on questions like "What is the world record for most one-armed pushups in an hour?") But I think we didn't avoid talking about work enough. :|

I think I am presently being given the silent-treatment-hopefully-he'll-take-a-hint-and-disappear at present, but harder to tell with someone whose MO was super busy and not tres communicative to begin with. Wheeeeee.

I think I am presently being given the silent-treatment-hopefully-he'll-take-a-hint-and-disappear at present, but harder to tell with someone whose MO was super busy and not tres communicative to begin with. Wheeeeee.

I sometimes just get tired of that sort of leave-me-hanging-there tactics and ask them directly. Something like "I noticed I haven't heard much from you since we last chatted. I hope you are still interested in meeting up at some point. But if you don't think this is working out, I can understand, too. Just let me know."

Sometimes I get a response from that, but most of the time I don't, which is itself a response in this case.  

Yeah, I did that earlier tonight. I have learned since the days when I was 25 :-P

Maybe I was better at this when I was 25, she was out of town with bad cell reception and now I'm a jerk. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Liff, what?

Archived