NFL 2015 Week 12: Karma Is Real, Jerry Jones

Tywin et al.

I said I would take it... I just lost my main fantasy league by one point due to him having CJ Anderson.

Dante you complained about the refs just a few minutes ago.  Everyone gets one referee bitch per game and it resets with the fresh slate of overtime.

The Pats lost because they ran out of warm bodies. I think they pull it out if Gronk was there. 

Or Hightower on the defense.

Broncos D mostly kept the Pats offense contained. The Pats' first two scores came on very short fields. I didn't have much confidence going into OT that they could actually move down the field.

The Broncos made some great plays on offense at the end, and Harper's muffed punt was killer. But damn those critical calls really fucking rankled.

The Patriots just got beat today... The Broncos had a better team on the field. (Well, at least they did when Gronk left the game.)

Yeah... you are just saying that to get anyone who watched the game to get into a fight.  You know you are wrong and just tossing stuff.  

So, if Gronk is out for the season- and... the way he was reacting it looked that way... then none of this matters.  At all.  Gronk is the straw the breaks the camel's back.  

No Amendola, no Edleman, no Lewis, no Solder; then on D no Collins and then no Hightower

(BTW- typing this while listening to the post game- I have NEVER heard a an announcing crew more ELATED in a post-game.  You would have thought the Broncos defeated Mordor).  

So High is out, Amendola is out and the Pats have problems stopping the Broncos.  But Brady does a great job, great TD.  Pats up 21-7.  AGme over (many here said so, as did I on my texts to friends).  Then the Pats stop the Broncos and the punt ... 

... just stop for a sec.  Remember like 3 weeks ago when I said that Amendola turned out to be a good signing by the Pats?  And the way people reacted you would have thought I said "Donald Trump will make a great President."  Okay.  Then.... the punt... Amendola fields the Pats punts.  But .... they had some guy who fumbled.  And then the Broncos were back in the game.  LAter when the Brocnos fumbled a punt, they recovered their own fumble because lucky plays are lucky.  Broncos scored.  

Then the really REALLY bullshit penalty flags started flying. Offensive PI is rarely called... like ever.  But the Shaq rules apply to Gronk so he had TWO!  IN ONE GAME!  Five on the season.  So, the Pats ... 

(as I was typing Collinsworth: "Could this have been more fun?!?!"  Yeah... like for Gronk?  LOADS OF FUN!!!!!)

... do the Pats have to find new ways to get him into the game...so they change the routes Gronk was running so he goes inside and ... 

Season over. 

Pats have lost their #1, #2 WRs.  Lost their LT, electrifying RB.  But, hey, they had Gronk!  

Until now.

So, the Broncos then got bailed out by incredible calls from the refs, especially in the calls on that last Broncos drive.  Broncos took the lead. Then the Pats were somehow able to get the tie to send it to OT.  But it didn't matter.  Without any offensive tools to work with, Broncos took the ball back and the Pats D couldn't do anything- having lost Collins and Hightower during the game; their two best defensive players.

Whatever.

I don't mind losing; Pats did it for the first 25 years of my life.  Its how stupid it was: terrible calling by the refs, and the utter ruin by the injuries.  Devastating loss, losing Gronk, losing Hightower.  

I know that the Pats are famous for the "next man up" philosophy.  But what happens when you run out of actual men?  I mean its a legit question at this point.  The Pats starting WRs are LeFell and ... fuck if I know!  What is going to happen with the LBs?  Flemming is a practice player?  Mayo is on the back-nine of his career... 

This fucking sucks.  

Look, if Gronk is out, the season is over.  The Pats lose their #1, #2, #3 and #4 offensive weapons... season is over.  Sure, theyw ill make the playoffs, but their best-case scenario is losing the AFC Championship game.  

... hooray????

Archived