NFL 2015 Week 12: Karma Is Real, Jerry Jones

Tywin et al.

But again, explain to me how you are a Seattle Bears fan. And while you are at it, explain to me how you love their head coach, Chip Kelly?  (Sorry, no longer applicable because we now know Kelly is a horrible, horrible head coach).   

I'm a bears fan. Been that way since I was 10. I live in Seattle. I know a whole lot about the Seahawks because I live here. This isn't hard. And I like Chip Kelly because I'm a Ducks fan and really liked him there. (this is also why I like Mariota, Patrick Chung and LeGarette Blount, JStew and Ed Dickson, Jairus Byrd, Josh Huff and Walter Thurmond, and a few other Ducks around the league). 

And this:

Again, its not entitlement; its reasonable expectations, which I explained and I know you know that because you read everything I write.  

Saying that you think that the Pats can go all the way is reasonable expectations. Saying that the season is OVER because Gronk is injured and 'over' means to you 'being in the AFC championship' is entitlement. The problem is not where you think the Pats will end up. The entitlement comes from you thinking that the season is done because the Pats might lose in the AFC championship now. 

The other teams you mentioned all got hit with some injuries but you were clearly reaching.  Yeah, the Chargers had major problems; and I think injuries cost the Ravens their season several times over this season. Bears?  Their QB is playing and I think he missed one game?  WRs have been spotty but Forte is back.  Not really much of an issue.  Indy - losing their QB has been the best thing to happen to that team and their WRs have been relatively fine.  

The Bears lost Cutler for at least 2 games, and one was a horrible beating to Seattle where they didn't even bother playing. Given how badly the Seahawks were playing then chances are good that that was at least one win. The Bears haven't had their #1 pick healthy for any of this season, Jeffrey has been out on and off, Forte is their top offensive talent and has been out and their line has had 5 different starting rotations. Mostly, again - if you lose your starting QB chances are you're hosed, unless you play in the AFC South. 

Saying that you think that the Pats can go all the way is reasonable expectations. Saying that the season is OVER because Gronk is injured and 'over' means to you 'being in the AFC championship' is entitlement. The problem is not where you think the Pats will end up. The entitlement comes from you thinking that the season is done because the Pats might lose in the AFC championship now. 

Still reasonable expectation.  

And I don't feel entitled.  If the Pats lost their first playoff game I would still be like, "Seems about right given the injuries." (or whatever else happened in the game- I can only predict so much given the hypothetical.  Again, I have to say stuff like this now.)

I mean, is it "entitlement" that I think the Pats will make it to the playoffs?  I guess because FO only gives them a 99% chance of making the playoffs.  GOD I AM SO ENTITLED!  

Since the Washington Racial Slurs look to have the inside track on the Big East, and the team looks to be Kirk Cousins', what happens to RG3? Where does he go? Who puts Humpty Dumpty back together again?

Since the Washington Racial Slurs look to have the inside track on the Big East, and the team looks to be Kirk Cousins', what happens to RG3? Where does he go? Who puts Humpty Dumpty back together again?

I think RG3 is likely done in the league. There's no trade value for him and it's almost certain he gets dumped in the offseason fairly unceremoniously. It's possible a team might take a flyer on him as a backup. I'm sure Kelly's name will get mentioned, but I doubt he wants a project QB when he's so clearly under fire. 

Chip Kelly? Either in Philly or in Tennessee? That'd be a fun story to track.

I think RG3 is likely done in the league. There's no trade value for him and it's almost certain he gets dumped in the offseason fairly unceremoniously. It's possible a team might take a flyer on him as a backup. I'm sure Kelly's name will get mentioned, but I doubt he wants a project QB when he's so clearly under fire. 

I have no doubt whatsoever that an NFL team will want RG3.  There are WAAY more quarterback jobs than there are real quarterbacks in the league.  The question is whether he will target somewhere he can be a starter, or if he is willing to be a backup behind an established guy, refine his game for a bit longer and hope that he can actually improve.  If he's looking to start, I would think that Jacksonville, SF, or Philly are all possibilities.  If he is willing to sit a little bit, I'd expect him to be the backup in some team that is in win-now mode, like Dallas or New England. 

I have no doubt whatsoever that an NFL team will want RG3.  There are WAAY more quarterback jobs than there are real quarterbacks in the league.  The question is whether he will target somewhere he can be a starter, or if he is willing to be a backup behind an established guy, refine his game for a bit longer and hope that he can actually improve.  If he's looking to start, I would think that Jacksonville, SF, or Philly are all possibilities.  If he is willing to sit a little bit, I'd expect him to be the backup in some team that is in win-now mode, like Dallas or New England. 

Well, the question is whether or not people consider him a real NFL quarterback. I guess you're right that there's enough of a good risk to try and find out, but at the very least he's a longshot, kind of like Tebow was for the last two years. Some teams might try him out if they already have good QB depth, but otherwise he's likely not to see a whole lot of time or get much in the way of chances. And honestly, given the reports of how his behavior has been as a backup I'm not suspecting he'll be all that good in that role, either. 

His behavior as a backup is fine.  RG3 is just such a big name in the media that even as a backup every tiny thing gets reported and analyzed.  He's not out driving drunk or beating women or missing team meetings.  The things against RG3 are always "someone heard something about Griffin not liking X" or "Griffin's body language is poor".  Whatever.

And Tebow?  Come on.  Griffin has showed a lot more of the aspects of a real NFL quarterback than Tebow ever did, both in college and in the pros.  He was a fantastic prospect and an amazing rookie before the Redskins completely fucked him up.  Some people hoped Tebow could develop the skills of an NFL quarterback.  Griffin had those skills, the question is just whether some coach, somewhere can help him bring them back.  Even if you assume his olympic speed is gone, if he could get the rest of his game back (footwork, anticipation, toughness, accuracy), he is probably a better prospect than any rookie comin in the league this year.  Now, obviously, there are a HUGE questions about whether Griffin can indeed ever recover his skills, but coaches are naturally confident guys.  Chip Kelly was willing to trade draft picks for Sam Bradford, a guy who was just as injury prone and never played as well as Griffin did in 2012.  If he's a free agent, there will be plenty of suitors. 

Wanted to get back to this. How would you tell that Ben is concussed? Did he start apologizing and regretting that time he raped a woman or something?

Funny you should bring it up, but a rumor I always heard was that after Ben got into that accident on a motorcycle with no helmet he became the rapist and asshole of note (like having Arnold Palmer kick him off his golf course). One traumatic brain injury to curse him, one traumatic brain injury to cure him. 

Pretty much everything I'm reading is saying that Gronk is going to miss a week, and Amendola should be back at the same time, right? So it looks like the offense will only be truly gimped for next week. And that's at home against a miserable Eagles squad. So I'm not really in a spot to shed any tears for the Pats and their injury woes.

Thought this was an interesting website for injuries. Talks about quality and number of games missed. Based on this, I'd say Pittsburgh and Cleveland have had it the worst due to the quality and number of games missed, with NE, Skins and Giants with the most games missed, though not always the highest quality.

Yeah, tbh I thought the Steelers would be way worse off than they actually are at 6-5, considering who they lost for the season (Pouncey, Beachum, Bell) and starters missing multiple games (Ben, Bryant, Tuitt, Shazier, Allen). Injuries happen, much like shit happens.

Funny you should bring it up, but a rumor I always heard was that after Ben got into that accident on a motorcycle with no helmet he became the rapist and asshole of note (like having Arnold Palmer kick him off his golf course). One traumatic brain injury to curse him, one traumatic brain injury to cure him. 

Huh. I thought the official story was that Finding Jesus was what cured him of his desire to rape underage girls in bar bathrooms while his scumbag off-duty cop buddies prevented the other girls from checking on their friend. I suppose signing on for the kind of McJesusite approach to religion that one hurriedly adopts in order to improve one's PR could qualify as traumatic brain injury though.

Huh. I thought the official story was that Finding Jesus was what cured him of his desire to rape underage girls in bar bathrooms while his scumbag off-duty cop buddies prevented the other girls from checking on their friend. I suppose signing on for the kind of McJesusite approach to religion that one hurriedly adopts in order to improve one's PR could qualify as traumatic brain injury though.

Don't forget, he hurriedly got married all of a sudden too. Which (and I remember Phil Simms said this) 'helped calm him down'.

Archived