NFL 2015 Week 12: Karma Is Real, Jerry Jones

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Browns need to get that number one pick and draft a QB more than they need to beat Baltimore in a meaningless Monday night game.  They also need to lose as many games as possible so their entire front office and coaching staff is cleared out at the end of the season because literally the entire organization is awful.  

They also need to lose as many games as possible so their entire front office and coaching staff is cleared out at the end of the season because literally the entire organization is awful.  

That won't solve the ownership problem. Haslam seems like a crook and a meddler, and he'll have trouble attracting competent executives and coaches.

That won't solve the ownership problem. Haslam seems like a crook and a meddler, and he'll have trouble attracting competent executives and coaches.

Literally a crook, right? Isn't he the one who owns a trucking business and is/was under federal investigation for something or other?

As for the Browns, they've gone the "be horrible and get a high draft pick" route for literally over a decade. It hasn't worked out for them yet. Clearly they need to instead find out which ancient dead god Butch Davis and Tim Couch worshipped in 2002, and make an offering worthy of obtaining its favor once again.

Literally a crook, right? Isn't he the one who owns a trucking business and is/was under federal investigation for something or other?

He owns a chain of truck stops that was swindling customers out of rebates. But he had no idea what was going on, I'm sure, and is unlikely to be prosecuted. Also helps when the other owner of the company is your brother and the governor of the state where the investigation is taking place.

I'm starting to think the happiest years in Cleveland's football history were 1996-1998. 

1950-55 were pretty good years. Made it the NFL Championship every year and won 3 of 'em. At least that's what wikipedia tells me, that was long before I was born. In my lifetime? Yeah, you're pretty much right. The Browns are The Room of football. We should just get Tommy Wiseau as the Head Coach/Quarterback. At least we'd fail interestingly.

Yeah it's kinda surreal to think the Browns used to be an NFL dynasty. Of course the Football Gods then demanded that the NFL change what they call their championships so that forever more we can say the Browns have never won a Superbowl.

It's kinda like when we created a fantasy football league for the sole purpose of excluding Jaxom. 

No doubt, but the entire office and coaching staff being terrible certainly doesn't help.

I kind of wish the Panthers weren't so good this year.  I moved to Charlotte a few years back and could transition to being a fan of them if I really wanted, but I hate the idea of looking like a bandwagoner and starting to root for an undefeated team.  This whole city is already filled with bandwagon fans.  You never see Panthers gear when the team sucks, but right now they're goddamn everywhere.  Meanwhile, I rock Cavs/Browns gear regardless of team quality.

At least the Cavs don't suck now.  Had a really rough four years after LeBron left with them.

So I read this article about a QB who is getting rave reviews. 

….It’s fair to say the <starting quarterback> is gaining fans in his locker room. …

“He’s doing what he’s prepared to do,” inside linebacker and team captain <whos is a HoF talent > said. “He’s been in the league for a while, and I’m a big guy of when you get your second chance, you take advantage of it. And I think he’s doing that.”

“Hey, I’m just taking it one game at a time,” <the QB > said. “Confidence is key in this profession. If you don’t step on that field with that confident mindset, you’re not going to play well. And so, I try and put my best foot forward day in and day out throughout the week of practice so I can go out there and be confident in our team, myself and go out there and win football games.”

“He’s a heck of a quarterback,” receiver X <who is a borderline HoFer > said. “You guys see it. He’s poised, he’s under control. He has a good control of the offense. He understands where to go with the ball. He understands when he’s hot, when he needs to get rid of it. He’s playing really well for us right now. “He has everybody fighting for him. Everybody is comfortable with him being behind center. Guys are making plays for him, blocking their butts off. Receivers are getting open and catching the ball. We’re all behind him.”

“Protections and getting us in and out of runs, all of those things,” coach Y < not a good one btw> said. “I guess when I say, using your brain, arm and your feet.”

<The said QB’s> completion percentage when pressured thus far this season is 72.4 percent.

“< The QB> played awesome,” receiver Z <SB winning WR> said. “The plays that he made, he was able to showcase his skills and prove that he belongs in this league.

“<The QB>can play ball. I am just glad that he can go out there and prove it.”

Any idea who the QB is? 

Blaine Gabbert I assume. 

:bowdown:

Yep, the one and only Blaine Train. Is he salvageable? I have not seen him play this season, but his team  mates (Bowman, Boldin and T Smith) seem convinced. WTF is going on? Niners fans, I demand an immediate investigation into this.

So I read this article about a QB who is getting rave reviews. 

Any idea who the QB is? 

Ninjaed by Maith. Ya know, he's been playing better than Kaep was (low bar), but this is basically just his teammates patting him on the back. He's really good at checking down quickly. That's probably the nicest thing I can say about him. 

Ninjaed by Maith. Ya know, he's been playing better than Kaep was (low bar), but this is basically just his teammates patting him on the back. He's really good at checking down quickly. That's probably the nicest thing I can say about him. 

Apparently he threw for 318 yards against Arizona. Surely that's more than just checking down?

Archived