NFL 2015 Week 12: Karma Is Real, Jerry Jones

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Look, if Gronk is out, the season is over.  The Pats lose their #1, #2, #3 and #4 offensive weapons... season is over.  Sure, theyw ill make the playoffs, but their best-case scenario is losing the AFC Championship game.  

... hooray????

Early news on Gronk sounds promising. I keep hearing hyper-extension. If this is so, you probably have him back for the playoffs. It looks like Edelman should be back for the playoffs. So there's a fair shot you lose the AFC Championship on relatively equal footing.

Man, I miss the days when losing the Championship game was an unsuccessful season. The winning entitlement is strong with you Rock. That is understandable because the Patriots have done it so much in the last decade and a half. Just don't get too upset with us when we point it out.

As far as the refs, I saw calls on both sides of the ball that were questionable, but nothing was flat out against the rules. I do believe that the Broncos were better without Gronk on the field, and that is why they won.

By the way, you can stop with the sky is falling routine. The Pats are 10-1 and initial reports are that Grok's knee injury isn't too serious. We will see though. I think that your team will be fine. It still has the robot coaching them.

The winning entitlement is strong with you Rock.

Except I don't feel entitled.  All I said was that losing your #1, #2 and #3 best offensive weapons and your #1 and #2 best defensive players MAY have impact on your season.  I know, I know- I am SUCH a shock-jock radical envelope-pusher!  

Uh, no. That's not what you said.

Look, if Gronk is out, the season is over.  The Pats lose their #1, #2, #3 and #4 offensive weapons... season is over.  Sure, theyw ill make the playoffs, but their best-case scenario is losing the AFC Championship game.  

... hooray????

There's no might in there.

Do I have to parse everything Is say to be more digestible?  

When I said to HP that because the Pats lost their #1, #2, #3 and #4 offensive weapons, I was pointing out - by using thing such as sarcasm, exaggeration and hyperbole (these are English styles that are used to emphasis a point [English is a language spoken by people of European ancestry ... {Europe is a .... }]) ... that this "MAY" have had an impact on the game....

... I was using the word "may" in the same style as if I was saying "Oxygen MAY be important in a human being's life cycle" or "Getting shot in the face by a bazooka MAY hurt a little..." 

In other words, I was saying something that should be patently obvious to, well, anyone.  

The "May" was not giving myself an out; it was saying something that everyone would agree on.  

It is, but either you were genuine in your belief that the pats season is over at 10-1 (and you're clearly super entitled )or you were trying to downplay that reaction by saying you didn't mean it quite as much. Can't have it both ways.

Also, I think it's silly to call the season over even with Gronk out. The AFC is a huge mess right now. No one is great. Teams are barely in the good range. Boo hoo, the Pats lost in the snow on the road thanks to bad calls and lucky breaks. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there. What, are you afraid of Dalton and Lewis on the road in a playoff game? Afraid of Denver on the road with Brock osweiler? Come on.

And I never felt "entitled" and its not entitled to say "Look, after X # of major injuries (not just one or two... or three... or four... ) and then seeing the best part of your offense go down to say "That's the breaking point of this team to go to the Super Bowl.  I can see that." 

Its not like this was week 3.  This was week 11; after that period of time (and Pats' post-Moss history) its easy to see how this team works and if you do not have 75% of your starting receivers out there, its hard to win games.  Loosing Gronk displaces your #1 offensive weapon after loosing your electrifying RB and #1 and #2 WRs.  If Gronk was out for the season, I have seen that story before (2012 and 2013); you make it to the AFC Championship and then lose.  And if Gronk is just hurt and limping around, you come within 2 plays of winning the SB, but you lose that, too.  

None of that is entitlement because ... even with Gronk the Pats could lose, and I would not feel screwed.  2011 is, again, the classic example: I REALLY felt that the Pats got to the SB on house money and that that D was so putrid it was only a matter of time.  This season, I never felt entitled to anything and would not have had a problem with losing a game, on the road against a talented team.  I had the same reaction in 2014 when the Pats lost to GB- hey, good game, thems the breaks; losing at Lambeau is nothing to be embarrassed about (unless ... you;re Green Bay as of late).

I'm going to go because a host of my out of town friends (and their friends) are posting on Facebook about how much they are THRILLED with the Pats losing and are gloating like crazy and seem... strangely okay with the thought of Gronk being out with an injury ... I mean, the integrity of the game; they were thrilled by the integrity of the game.   

So it looks like Ben Roethlisberger suffered a concussion at the end the end of the game, on the personal foul by Bennent. It also looks like the new league procedure failed to some extent, and he played a whole series before being pulled. It was pretty obvious from home. Wonder how the league will explain it away.  

So let's break down a series of events in the Colts game.

T.Y. Hilton scoops a ball out of the turf that's called a catch, then another ref comes in and says it was incomplete. Ok.

Chuck Pagano challenges, after which the ref says "after review, the ruling on the field has been confirmed. It is a completed catch" then he looks over to his left suddenly and (swear to god) goes "no, it's incomplete. 3rd down"

So that happened...

Similar thing happened in the Vikings/Falcons game.

A flag was thrown.

Both commentators said it's an obvious holding call.

On replay it was an obvious holding call.

The ref that threw the flag clearly siginals holding on the offense.

Head ref calls, "illegal hands to the face, defense."

Er...WTF!

Archived