[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

45 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Judging from the available information we have--photo of Bran in furs outside the cave, prosthetics vid showing WW and wights surrounded by roots, wall of flames with twigs on the ground with the NK, etc. etc.--it looks like the white walkers assault the cave. I'm guessing Bran and Meera escape and Meera is rescued by the mysterious figure atop the horse swinging the fire around.

I'm guessing that when Bran is looking around horrified in the vision and is grabbed by the NK, he realizes that the NK and WW are right there ready to lay waste to the cave.

If Bran does leave the cave, that could be a Stannis sacrifices Shireen-level book spoiler, since it's a popular ASOIAF fan theory that Bran never leaves the cave. 

that would be interesting if Bloodraven knows he is doomed and the children inside the cave but maybe he sends Bran out before it is too late but after he trains him as much as he can. This will be interesting. Also, the fire wielding rider, in my mind, must be Benjen. I do not think it is Howland Reed.

I don't really see the point of putting Brandon Stark in danger inside the cave, after both the show and the books got to extreme lengths to explain why the caves are safe for the CoTF. It would just open up plot holes: why would White Walkers wait so long to attack their most knowledgeable --and thus prowerful-- enemy? Nonsense!

It's more likely that the White Walkers are just traversing the Wall, and it is Castle Black that is burning in an attempt to slow down the White Walkers after Wildlings/Nightswatch have retreated/ran away.

32 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

that would be interesting if Bloodraven knows he is doomed and the children inside the cave but maybe he sends Bran out before it is too late but after he trains him as much as he can. This will be interesting. Also, the fire wielding rider, in my mind, must be Benjen. I do not think it is Howland Reed.

Benjen? Interesting. That person looks like someone from the books without elk and with horse.

28 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I thought about Coldhands but I am thinking Benjen, if not him, Coldhands it could be but..... ?

They've said that things and people are going to start to come back together, going back as far as season 1. So Benjen is a likely candidate. Just hope they can keep the same actor if that is the case. It might be something that is out of their hands though if it is Benjen.

I'm getting the impression, just by seeing the trailers, that there is a lot more going on this season than in season 5.

I'm pumped by the scene of the Nights King walking away from the flames.

2 hours ago, DumbDumber said:

I don't really see the point of putting Brandon Stark in danger inside the cave, after both the show and the books got to extreme lengths to explain why the caves are safe for the CoTF. It would just open up plot holes: why would White Walkers wait so long to attack their most knowledgeable --and thus prowerful-- enemy? Nonsense!

It's more likely that the White Walkers are just traversing the Wall, and it is Castle Black that is burning in an attempt to slow down the White Walkers after Wildlings/Nightswatch have retreated/ran away.

Yeah, the summary leak from many months back stated that Whitewalkers will be passing  through the Wall in the last episode. 

Spoiler

There's a flash frame of what clearly looks to be Benjen Stark at 1:20 of the new trailer during a short clip of a wildling battle assault.  Freeze framed it but not sure how to copy and paste media to this board.  If he's re-emerging to fight for the North, Benjen could very well be making his grand entrance as the hooded figure on horseback rescuing Meera.

39 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

They've said that things and people are going to start to come back together, going back as far as season 1. So Benjen is a likely candidate. Just hope they can keep the same actor if that is the case. It might be something that is out of their hands though if it is Benjen.

I'm getting the impression, just by seeing the trailers, that there is a lot more going on this season than in season 5.

I'm pumped by the scene of the Nights King walking away from the flames.

They are ramping up stuff no doubt. I just hope things add up better from a continuity standpoint. However, I have some doubts but overall, I am curious.

On 3/25/2016 at 5:00 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

The new EW pictures are really good! I especially love the picture of blind Arya defending herself. I do hope she'll have at least one scene or two where she'll smile/have a happy moment... They are over sexualising poor Sophie as Sansa; that's one thing I hate about show biz. And I hope we see the past and the future with Bran!! Wouldn't see the future be interesting? And there's a new trailer/TV spot that I hope HBO releases officially or someone actually records it!!

Yes I was hoping to see blind Arya in season 5.  But alas we had to wait for season 6. I too hope we get to see Arya smile!   

User prt has dropped this tidbit in the comments section at WOTW. No confirmation or source, so possible foiler (Sue the Fury may debunk), but if it is the real deal, it's really interesting stuff:

NK fire shot, done in closed studio. Miguel Sapochnik episode, heavy VFX work from Spanish based firm; Bran vision, from future. NK interrupting future wedding. Expect internet explosion at the reveal of the two characters whose wedding is being interrupted.

Guesses as to the mystery bride and groom? 

It's Sansa and Euron's or Arya and Walder's marriage!

Spoiler

Jk.

But in all seriousness. The only marriage i can think of is Walder, or maybe his son since there was a casting call on a hapless boy who speculated to be Walder's son. And a lot of people speculated earlier that Arya may return to Riverlands (or warg Nymeria) to exact her revenge on the Frey. It does say that the marriage is interrupted right? Doubt it would be Jon/Dany or Jon/Sansa marriage for obvious reasons.

So I'm really looking forward to this season not because it will reveal some of what happens after book 5, but that it will finally conclude all material from books 3, 4 and 5. Also because season 5 omitted too many characters and locations from previous seasons.

So I'm looking forward to coming back to: The Iron Islands, the Riverlands and beyond the wall with Bran.

I will finally see all the Ironborn/Greyjoy material from books 3, 4, and 5. Balon falling off the bridge, the Kingsmoot, the invasion of the Reach and MAYBE Victarion or somebody else sailing for Mereen.

Maybe we can see Kevan Lannister's murder that happened at the end of book 5 though not by Varys. 

Then there is Arya's training and regaining of her sight.

And hope springs eternal: this season is my last hope to see Lady Stoneheart and Aegon/Young Griff.

These are the things I'm looking forward to. Not really what happens after WoW. And WOW Season 5 was bad with everything I listed not being there! I did not watch every single episode of Season 5 by the way.

7 hours ago, Newstar said:

User prt has dropped this tidbit in the comments section at WOTW. No confirmation or source, so possible foiler (Sue the Fury may debunk), but if it is the real deal, it's really interesting stuff:

If I were to believe this spoiler, I'd say Jon/Dany. That's the only one that would "explode" the internet. It has to be with Jon, and it'd have to be either Sansa or Dany, and I don't think it's Sansa, so...

If it is North, the only potential bride is Sansa in the season finale, if Ramsay is dead, I expect her to marry Littlefinger, especially if he commits the Vale and wipes out the Boltons, before he acts on her family side, he might get her to promise her hand in marriage to him for the Vale troops.

It looks somebody made this up.

Archived