No Trailer for Season 6?

Lord Marghoob

I feel as if I'm the only one who's even a little bit concerned that there hasn't been a proper trailer for season 6 released so far, and it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. Small teasers that barely show anything don't count. 

There were dozens of articles arguing about what could possibly be in the trailer that was released on February 14th but literally no one seems to be thinking that we aren't actually getting a real trailer.

What is going on here?

Likely the trailer will coincide with the DVD release of S5 as a way to generate excitement. Previous seasons usually get released a month before the premiere of the next season so I'd expect the trailer to hit near the end of March at the latest.

Well, there has been so many spoilers and people who have travelled around the world to get secret filming through drones and 3 day hikes. That and how a member of the press spoiled the first 4 episodes last year, they may have decided to say "screw it", people will watch when it premiers. I cannot blame them for that.

I've been wondering how they could come up with a trailer that doesn't spoil Jon's resurrection.

Very easy, they could exclude scenes with him. They can show Davos and Mel at the Wall, maybe Alliser, then Daenerys, Sam, Jaime, Blackfish, Balon, Euron, Sansa, Arya, Theon,... Wih ll that hype people will forget about Jon, oh yes and they can show a hint for Sandor.

This weekend is the last chance for it, I hope we will get it but I wouldnt be surprised if things take different path. I actually laughed when I saw Hall of Faces on Vinyl premiere, they announced it and I knew it will be trailer so when I saw it I started to laugh how bad it turned out. Just so bad. If they excluded Jon from that than it would seem that LSH wont be in picture at all (chances for her are equal as for trailer), but when they showed Jon itnwas bulshit.

9 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

I've been wondering how they could come up with a trailer that doesn't spoil Jon's resurrection.

Last year trailer didn't spoiler much except for where the storyline goes with like Sansa being at Winterfell (aka the crypt). So i doubt they will spoil Jon's resurrection and put some interesting scenes from other plotlines to distract the viewers from asking about Jon.

10 hours ago, MarieAntoinette said:

This years promo campaign is so damn boring. I'm not very exicted for the new season at all, and the lack of a trailer is not helping. The hall of faces teaser was uninspired morbid crap.

Sigh, Same... Since there's no hint on when the trailer is going to come out, it's no need to predict when with many disappointing marketing from HBO, my hype has died.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The season is starting a lot later this year,  wouldn't the logical assumption be that the trailer will come out in a couple of weeks?

It's only starting 2 weeks later than last season and we had a trailer on 29th January last year.

I'm beginning to think that if there is no trailer by 15th March, we wont get one.

2 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

It's only starting 2 weeks later than last season and we had a trailer on 29th January last year.

I'm beginning to think that if there is no trailer by 15th March, we wont get one.

Hmmm.  I didn't remember the trailer came out that early.  If that's the case, then maybe they won't do one.  

In James Hibberd's latest piece he states a trailer is expected soon.  He's normally quite clued up on Game of Thrones and while it's not much to go on I would be optimistic based on that statement and of course tying it in with the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Season 5.

Archived