Will Jaime leave the kingsguard?

norwaywolf123

1. After BwB encounter will Jaime want to leave the kingsguard?

2. Will Cersei release Jaime from the kingsguard since he left her for Brienne, to punish him. Cersei know how much Jaime prides himself on being KG, maybe she will take it away in her rage? She has done alot of stupid decisons lately, Aurane Waters, Highsparrow, Tyrell Feud and the list goes on.

3. Other

Questions

1. Do you think Jaime will leave the kingsguard, and why?

2. Why would Jaime leave the kingsguard?

1. No. Its everything to do with his pride and what he wnats to be and has always wanted to be. He may even be the epitome of kingsguard in some ways while failing incredibly in others.

This does not mean that he won't assume power or anything though; after Cersei he is Tommen's direct kin, he is respected by the West and it is known he was the preferred heir of Tywin.. He could wield the remaining power of the Westerlands and more if he wanted to. Tommen is the first king he has truly dedicated himself to and I think he will do his best to see him or Myrcella through

I can´t think of one reason good enough that would make Jaime leave the KG. Being a KG is very much his identity, he really loves his remaining secret children and quitting would imply leaving them behind, unless they´re usurped and spared somehow. Cersei might actually become crazy and paranoid enough to release Jaime, though I doubt it, and surely Dany or Aegon wouldn´t want to be protected by the kingslayer. But from his own accord there´s no way he would quit.

8 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

No.

2. Will Cersei release Jaime from the kingsguard since he left her for Brienne, to punish him. Cersei know how much Jaime prides himself on being KG, maybe she will take it away in her rage? She has done alot of stupid decisons lately, Aurane Waters, Highsparrow, Tyrell Feud and the list goes on.

Cersei has no power at the moment so she can't do anything.

No. Because KG is who Jaime is without that he has nothing left

17 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Cersei has no power at the moment so she can't do anything.

Are you then of the belief that the Tyrell's are in power? I was of the impression that with Kevan dead,    Tyrion attainted and in Essos, Jaime MIA, and Cercei released from the custody of the Faith that she might resume certain duties of regent.

But I do see how that might be a shortsighted assumption. Just was wanting your take on it.

2 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Are you then of the belief that the Tyrell's are in power? I was of the impression that with Kevan dead,    Tyrion attainted and in Essos, Jaime MIA, and Cercei released from the custody of the Faith that she might resume certain duties of regent.

But I do see how that might be a shortsighted assumption. Just was wanting your take on it.

I believe that the Faith and HS have the power for now. Cersei needs to pass her reial to have any kind of power.

No, Jaime will not leave the Kingsguard by his own will but he will stop being one anyway, and soon. Once Aegon or Dany ascend on the IT, they will immediately get rid of the Kingslayer from the Kingsguard.

And also, Jaime is MIA at the moment. If he stay as such a bit longer, he might be presumed dead and somebody else could take his place even before Aegon or Dany come.

9 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

3. Other

Questions

No, he had his chance and he would rather have honor and duty over anything else 

1 hour ago, Dofs said:

No, Jaime will not leave the Kingsguard by his own will but he will stop being one, and soon. Once Aegon or Dany ascend on the IT, they will immediately get rid of the Kingslayer from the Kingsguard.

And also, Jaime is MIA at the moment. If he stay as such a bit longer, he might be presumed dead and somebody else could take his place even before Aegon or Dany come.

Agreed. No way he stays in the KG after someone else (anyone) takes over at KL.

24 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Yes. When he dies.

Agreed. He'd rather die than give up his post. 

To add, I suspect he'll kill Cersei and then kill himself - he's the real valonqar that she fears. I think she's going to snap if/when Tommen and Myrcella die, and then she's going to want to do something crazy to get revenge, that would actually mean killing many, many innocent people. Jaime will feel it's his duty to stop her, like he felt it was his duty to stop Aerys before the Mad King could burn down the city. 

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I still don't see it. They will want to kill him not to set him free.

They will kill him if they will have him which is unlikely considering the current situation. If they won't have him, they are not going to keep his Kingsguard space until they get him.

3 minutes ago, Dofs said:

They will kill him if they will have him which is unlikely considering the current situation. If they won't have him, they are not going to keep his Kingsguard space until they get him.

But that was how someone can dissmiss him if he isn't there?

4 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

But that was how someone can dissmiss him if he isn't there?

The same way Ned had stripped Gregor from all his lands and titles when Gregor wasn't there.

Aegon or Dany are going to assemble their own Kingsguard and they are not going to wait for Jaime to be captured to fill his spot. Especially if Jaime will still be believed to be dead once they come. 

Archived