[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

7 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I thought Ser Pounce would be the person (or rather cat) who will sit on the Iron Throne in the end. 

Or maybe he will save Westeros?

That was good!

4 minutes ago, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

Ser Pounce is the P*ssy that was Promised?

This, too. :lol:

I've tried to discuss this elsewhere but I thought I'd try here instead where it's less aggressive. ;) 

What I want to know is why is Dany fireproof in the show? What's the point, purpose, benefit to the character besides what we've seen so far and the effect on the plot going forward? Are they going to use this again or just drop it? I hope it's more like a Chekov's gun thing than a yea empowerment thing.

I don't think they should just confirm Dany has this awesome ability and not use it again but if you think about it in the context of the world you wonder what good is it really? Is it really a great superpower or just a neat party trick? Maybe they really do have something cool planned but what?

Like if it means she is AA then how is fire immunity supposed to help her fight WWs, wouldn't she need to be immune to the cold instead... or it's just because she's a dragonrider, well then I guess nobody else will be riding dragons... is it connected to the three fires she must light or will she just turn into the Mad Queen?

I don't think they can backpedal from it now... This was a perfectly ordinary arson, no excuse like 'it was supernatural/dragon fire'. If she is immune to this, she should be immune to any fire (except possibly a wildfire).

2 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

I've tried to discuss this elsewhere but I thought I'd try here instead where it's less aggressive. ;) 

What I want to know is why is Dany fireproof in the show? What's the point, purpose, benefit to the character besides what we've seen so far and the effect on the plot going forward? Are they going to use this again or just drop it? I hope it's more like a Chekov's gun thing than a yea empowerment thing.

I don't think they should just confirm Dany has this awesome ability and not use it again but if you think about it in the context of the world you wonder what good is it really? Is it really a great superpower or just a neat party trick? Maybe they really do have something cool planned but what?

Like if it means she is AA then how is fire immunity supposed to help her fight WWs, wouldn't she need to be immune to the cold instead... or it's just because she's a dragonrider, well then I guess nobody else will be riding dragons... is it connected to the three fires she must light or will she just turn into the Mad Queen?

The show is making up the Danny is fireproof thing. GRRM says that she is not and it was under the magic being woven at the end of the first book, during Khal Drogo's funeral that she was able to survive the fire and the dragons hatch. The show is doing their own thing. In the past, especially during the Dance of Dragons, the Targeryen, War of the Roses, internal struggle for the Iron Throne, many Dragon riders were burned by other Dragons.

3 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show is making up the Danny is fireproof thing. GRRM says that she is not and it was under the magic being woven at the end of the first book, during Khal Drogo's funeral that she was able to survive the fire and the dragons hatch. The show is doing their own thing. In the past, especially during the Dance of Dragons, the Targeryen, War of the Roses, internal struggle for the Iron Throne, many Dragon riders were burned by other Dragons.

Thank you for your response. I am aware of that and I fully agree that Dany is not fireproof in the books. Try telling that to those in the episode section though... 

I just mean it's ok with me if they want Dany to be fireproof in the show but ultimately I fell it's pointless.

When i saw the scene i thought it was a hint to her possible madness, but then I remember hat martin said hat what happened in the ending of Agot was something unique. i think he referred to both being immune to fire and also waking dragons out of stone so.......I don't know

16 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

That was on Ned, not Sansa.

Thank you! I'm about to rant about this just to get this off my chest:

I still can't believe that people blame her for Lady or Ned's ends. Adults controlled the outcomes of those situations not an 11 year-old girl who basically became a powerless hostage. Sansa says she doesn't remember what happened that day with Joffrey and Arya. She goes out of her way not to out either Joffrey or Arya because if she backs up Arya, then she's made an instant enemy of Cersei, who will get blood regardless, possibly her sister's. She would also be setting up a scenario in which she is outing the crown prince as a liar which would also make her a target for Cersei and most definitely Joffrey's cruelty. If she admits that Arya did draw a weapon on Joffrey then Arya is in trouble. It doesn't matter that Arya is highborn. She held a weapon on the prince. She would have been punished. Likewise, Ned should not have brought Sansa in front of the court demanding the truth. This was so stupid. Sansa is legally betrothed to Joffrey at this point she cannot openly go against him, the crown prince at court. Even though she was naive in trusting Cersei, it was Cersei's decision to kill Ned's household and hold him hostage, which she would have most likely done even without Sansa's information.  She wouldn't let him go so easily. It was Ned's decision not to keep Sansa in the loop about what was really going on, nor explain why they had to leave, unlike what he did for Arya. He made a point of telling Arya that they came to a dangerous place but he doesn't tell Sansa, the one who will actually be married into this family and live there the rest of her life? And Ned is able to keep secret that Jon is half Targ, basically committing treason for 15 years, but he can't pretend to kill Lady and let her go?

Sansa is not perfect and she was somewhat of a classist in AGOT but again her actions are not the reason Lady or Ned died. Cersei would have had blood regardless of Sansa's actions in either endeavor. Ned made a lot of blunders, a big one not having his two young daughters guarded when going on their daily travels, being a big one. There was no reason that Arya or Sansa should have been without an a personal guard especially when Ned suspected the Lannisters of Bran's fall and Jon Arryn's death.  I just think people need to put the blame where it is most logical. The adults with the power and agency to do things are at fault not a young girl. I like Ned but he did not take either daughter's safety seriously. There was no way that Arya should have been able to run free through the Red Keep given all that occurred with Mycah's death previously as well as his suspicions about the Lannisters. Even later he realizes he was dumb in killing Lady and leaving Sansa without that extra safety.

11 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Thank you! I'm about to rant about this just to get this off my chest:

I still can't believe that people blame her for Lady or Ned's ends. Adults controlled the outcomes of those situations not an 11 year-old girl who basically became a powerless hostage. Sansa says she doesn't remember what happened that day with Joffrey and Arya. She goes out of her way not to out either Joffrey or Arya because if she backs up Arya, then she's made an instant enemy of Cersei, who will get blood regardless, possibly her sister's. She would also be setting up a scenario in which she is outing the crown prince as a liar which would also make her a target for Cersei and most definitely Joffrey's cruelty. If she admits that Arya did draw a weapon on Joffrey then Arya is in trouble. It doesn't matter that Arya is highborn. She held a weapon on the prince. She would have been punished. Likewise, Ned should not have brought Sansa in front of the court demanding the truth. This was so stupid. Sansa is legally betrothed to Joffrey at this point she cannot openly go against him, the crown prince at court. Even though she was naive in trusting Cersei, it was Cersei's decision to kill Ned's household and hold him hostage, which she would have most likely done even without Sansa's information.  She wouldn't let him go so easily. It was Ned's decision not to keep Sansa in the loop about what was really going on, nor explain why they had to leave, unlike what he did for Arya. He made a point of telling Arya that they came to a dangerous place but he doesn't tell Sansa, the one who will actually be married into this family and live there the rest of her life? And Ned is able to keep secret that Jon is half Targ, basically committing treason for 15 years, but he can't pretend to kill Lady and let her go?

Sansa is not perfect and she was somewhat of a classist in AGOT but again her actions are not the reason Lady or Ned died. Cersei would have had blood regardless of Sansa's actions in either endeavor. Ned made a lot of blunders, a big one not having his two young daughters guarded when going on their daily travels, being a big one. There was no reason that Arya or Sansa should have been without an a personal guard especially when Ned suspected the Lannisters of Bran's fall and Jon Arryn's death.  I just think people need to put the blame where it is most logical. The adults with the power and agency to do things are at fault not a young girl. I like Ned but he did not take either daughter's safety seriously. There was no way that Arya should have been able to run free through the Red Keep given all that occurred with Mycah's death previously as well as his suspicions about the Lannisters. Even later he realizes he was dumb in killing Lady and leaving Sansa without that extra safety.

Considering her later integrity in the treatment of people who are her enemies, not to mention her inner courage and general human decency, the ongoing fandom hatred of her for Lady getting killed seems more than a little harsh.

I am of course refering to book Sansa. Show Sansa is a damp blancmange of a character.

My friends watched X-men Apocalypse and they all tell me ontop of being a dismal weak film that Sophie Turner is atrocious as Jean Grey. She struggles hiding her accent well and emotes horribly.

4 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

My friends watched X-men Apocalypse and they all tell me ontop of being a dismal weak film that Sophie Turner is atrocious as Jean Grey. She struggles hiding her accent well and emotes horribly.

That's what everyone has been saying. Famke Janssen will always be Jean Grey to me. She's so lovely...

Speaking of acting, this is how I pictured Sansa (scroll down, the actor in the bottom two pictures), looks like they are filming this really nice Shakespean Blackwater verse.

43 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

Thank you for your response. I am aware of that and I fully agree that Dany is not fireproof in the books. Try telling that to those in the episode section though... 

I just mean it's ok with me if they want Dany to be fireproof in the show but ultimately I fell it's pointless.

I think they are setting her up to be the great "being" rather than Jon, although in the books it is unclear what the endgame is. 

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

That's what everyone has been saying. Famke Janssen will always be Jean Grey to me. She's so lovely...

Speaking of acting, this is how I pictured Sansa (scroll down, the actor in the bottom two pictures), looks like they are filming this really nice Shakespean Blackwater verse.

She certainly has thicker more fiery hair and a less squashed in face.

Is this your tumblr?

21 minutes ago, TheCasualObserver said:

Considering her later integrity in the treatment of people who are her enemies, not to mention her inner courage and general human decency, the ongoing fandom hatred of her for Lady getting killed seems more than a little harsh.

I am of course refering to book Sansa. Show Sansa is a damp blancmange of a character.

Yeah, I think that one thing George does in that incident is shows the choice-less choice that Sansa had in that situation. I doubt he wanted the readers to feel more anger at Sansa than at Cersei, Robert, and Ned in that situation. I always try to remind people that comparative to our world, Sansa would have just left elementary school. She's still a little kid. I think some people dislike Sansa because she is more traditionally feminine and not a physical fighter like Arya. But these same readers forget that Arya and Brienne are more anomalies to this kind of patriarchal feudalistic society than a girl like Sansa is. I also think some fans forget that regardless of her fighting skills, Arya is still a little kid too. They deal with a lot of stuff way too mature for their developmental levels and the expectations of their society. We are not supposed to feel okay with Sansa's repeated sexualization or Arya's education  of violence because they are just young girls. The adults are the one's abusing them and manipulating them, for the main fact that they are both still inexperienced and immature in a lot of ways. They both have grown from what they've gone through and neither is the same person they were in AGOT.

I also am not a fan of Show Sansa she's too inconsistent. I thought they made her rude to Septa Mordane when in the books she very much respected her and other elders. I mean, book Sansa was never meant to be perfect, but even in the first book she tries to comfort Sandor after his childhood story i.e. "He was no true knight", she tries to make sure Jeyne isn't harmed by telling them she's a good girl, she begs for mercy on behalf of her father in front of the court.

1 hour ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

What I want to know is why is Dany fireproof in the show? What's the point, purpose, benefit to the character besides what we've seen so far and the effect on the plot going forward?

So they could show her naked and then say it is justified for plot reasons.

38 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

That's too bad. I'm not a ST fan, but I think she deserves a chance at something good outside of this dismal show. I really think she'd benefit from an acting coach and a dialogue coach. She does have some raw ability, but I think she needs to work on her method as well as her delivery.

Archived