[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

7 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

@Le Cygne, you are very comforting ;) it makes me think Brienne/Jaime together are somehow important for the series endgame or else I'm sure they would have stuck with the Twincest they love so much. (And I like your caveat that they won't do it well ;) Though NCW & GC are so good together that they might overcome the dialogue now and then.)

I know better than to leave the caveat out! When I do, I am called the dreaded "optimistic" word. :lol:

I agree, they are good together and can overcome the dialogue and plots. These guys don't get romance at all.

I didn't mind it, I think he played it that he was lovesick. I just enjoyed his performance. I think that might have been their Hyle Hunt reference. Someone she doesn't want, to contrast with someone she does want. Jaime.

I will add my caveat here, that I don't like the way they do romance. I'm just saying I don't worry about that.

4 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Agree. Larry was Jaime when he was dirty and bearded in the Riverlands. Season 3, that's the way Jaime should be. Now he looks like Joffrey, Sr. They know nothing. That would have made things easier to take right there. Adjusting his hotness quotient back to where it should be.

I agree, that could be the final straw. She'd be handing him back his penis (if the show actually got phallic symbolism). I am just thinking maybe they use it as a wake-up call, that their mission that should be front and center, she's giving up, because he gave up.

I don't know. I appreciate the perspective you bring to discourse, so just pinning all of my hope on this particular gesture, that you might have the right of future developments this one time around, too.

I've not been to the race track for these things in ages, but D&D most surely have, in their own turn, not out of any sense of appreciation for logistic consistency, and certainly not in compliance with certain aspects of the story, but mostly with tongue planted firmly in cheek, perhaps, being rather of a disposition in which they trivialized those most innocuous of storytelling staples themselves. They made due haste to praise Tyrion's manhood to the heavens, there was even a report along those lines, so they had every female character, or near as much, within the story picking up the UR awesome mantle in rapid succession. (Missandei laying compliments at his feet, too. Also her hero...) 

There was another dick joke there with Jorah, and then that was turned into a plot device to spirit both away from the slavers' lair in season five. (And before that, they invested so much trying to dilute the unsavoury imagery running through Sansa's scenes with Tyrion as husband and wife, namely their wedding night, but I digress. Bare facts are, I couldn't stand reading about Sansa glooping along beside Tyrion in the books, heavy bags under her eyes, and having recently been plugged into the Lannister collective against her will, but it was still pretty neat, that dig she took at Tyrion in the privacy of her thoughts, and his manhood.)

But the books are the books, and show is show. Come season six, turns out Tormund might be all over Brienne at the earliest opportunity. Who was previously there as a friend to Jon during his time with Ygritte, coming up with dick jokes on the fly. (He talked some pretty good game in that other episode, so we can take that to the bank.)

Bottom line is, any such spoiler regarding the whereabouts of Oathkeeper might soon prove to be fake. All the same, these are, after all, the writers who came up with all the bad pussy stuff, and went on to claim an award on top. So I wouldn't really put it past them to botch things up that way, too, might not be above any thing less...

1 hour ago, Étoile du Soir said:

So I wouldn't really put it past them to botch things up that way, too, might not be above any thing less...

Oh yeah, I don't actually think anything will be good, I'm just speculating on what's next. The two things are not exclusive, messing things up, and yet still telling a story in some way.

I watched 5x08 and I don't know if it was leaked because it seemed to come out too early, so I won't post any spoilers, but my God that episode was 10% muscle and 90% fat. There are several scenes that serve no purpose whatsoever. It's like they don't have a clue what to put in there so they just stick some useless boring filler.

23 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

I watched 5x08 and I don't know if it was leaked because it seemed to come out too early, so I won't post any spoilers, but my God that episode was 10% muscle and 90% fat. There are several scenes that serve no purpose whatsoever. It's like they don't have a clue what to put in there so they just stick some useless boring filler.

To be fair that has been this whole season, especially Meereen. Nothing ever happens, and what happens doesn't make any sense.

I haven't watched because my unsullied niece is coming to watch with us and I feared I wouldn't be able to take it twice in quick succession. :D

However, I read the summary...  Lordy!.. I'm going to have a stiff drink beforehand. I resolved not to shriek and rail so as not to ruin my niece's fun..:unsure: I don't want to break my resolution , but talk about being tested...

7 minutes ago, bemused said:

I haven't watched because my unsullied niece is coming to watch with us and I feared I wouldn't be able to take it twice in quick succession. :D

However, I read the summary...  Lordy!.. I'm going to have a stiff drink beforehand. I resolved not to shriek and rail so as not to ruin my niece's fun..:unsure: I don't want to break my resolution , but talk about being tested...

Where would a man be able to find the summary?

7 minutes ago, bemused said:

Good luck, friend.  It's probably the most nonsensical episode of the season. 

Not bad next to the regular D&D rubbish but I got to rant on one thing. So the argument for what was done with Stannis and no LSH has been they are rushing to the end well 80% of this season has been going back and doing AFFC and AWDW. The Riverlands story? check. Sam going to Oldtown? Check? Arya is not blind? check. Crazy Cersei? Check. The BWB hanging people? Check seriously their is no reason based off of this season that last year to just have Sansa stay in the Vale, no Dorne and LSH

I read that they killed the Blackfish off screen in a really dumb manner. WHY?! And Arya suddenly wants to go home because... Seriously, what was her motivation? Is it all because she just doesn't like the assassin life?  Sandor is nowhere to be found only the Hound lives. Uh, they screwed up his arc so much. And Jamie made the trebuchet moment about his love of Cersei? I'm so glad I don't watch anymore and only read live blogs. I would be too angry to sleep tonight otherwise.

Archived