[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

1 minute ago, dariopatke said:

I think that theory is possible, too. Well we shal find out soon enough, if they don't explain us like they did with Davod and Mel I will be really pissed.

I'm not fussed tbh. Dany being fireproof is well-established in the show, I'm long beyond wanting an explanation. Actually preferred this to another potential Drogon ex-machina moment.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

99.9% sure he said YOUR

I just wathed that part again he said: "If I don't watch over you, father's ghost will come back and murder me."  He said "father" right after "you", so it sounded like your father.

Ha! I completely forgot my most hated scene: the face-off between Berserker Brienne (who does remind me more and more of Muh-Oberynz), sad puppy Davos and melancholic Melisandre. What was that all about?:angry:

Weeks or months (I always try to use Walda's pregnancy as some sort of measurement - but you never really know with D&Ds weird timeline and teleporting skills) after Shireen was killed at Melly's behest - Davos finally confronted the red woman - and then Brienne barges in like "you two love Stannis? I killed him!  Deal with it!"

7 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Osha should have pulled a Jack Bauer and ripped Ramsey's throat out with her teeth. 

I was okay with almost everything in this episode. I found Tormund giving Brienne the "Eye" hilarious. but then that last scene.....damn just damn, why, in all the seven kingdoms why?:bang:

http://gph.is/1SPiNvT

11 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

.Yeah, the Bri/Davos/Mel scene was bad.  They're going to have to go some to top Fireproof Stormborn murdering all the khals, that was so fucking cheesy and repetitive...but I know, like I know the sun rises in the east that criticis will be raving about this scene and how great it is that she burns all these people alive on her own.  Ugh.

1 minute ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Ha! I completely forgot my most hated scene: the face-off between Berserker Brienne (who does remind me more and more of Muh-Oberynz), sad puppy Davos and melancholic Melisandre. What was that all about?:angry:

Weeks or months (I always try to use Walda's pregnancy as some sort of measurement - but you never really know with D&Ds weird timeline and teleporting skills) after Shireen was killed at Melly's behest - Davos finally confronted the red woman - and then Brienne barges in like "you too love Stannis? I killed him!  Deal with it!"

That entire interaction might honestly be my low point with the show. There are so many things wrong with the scene that it would be difficult to catalog all of it.

Even having Brienne tower over Melisandre is preposterous as they are supposed to be the same height. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

I'm not fussed tbh. Dany being fireproof is well-established in the show, I'm long beyond wanting an explanation. Actually preferred this to another potential Drogon ex-machina moment.

Drogon showing up is a reason why the Dothraki would follow her.  Just because some crazy ass khaleesi killed all the khals and is fireproof, who cares?  Cut her fucking head off.  Stab her.  A DRAGON is a reason to change your ideas on things.

So... I said the last few weeks that the show-runners were at their best when they were following Martin's work.  

So this week, almost to prove me right, the show-runners had this week's episode end with, basically, a REMAKE of season One's ending- Dany burning somebody to death.  We saw that scene before and it was best when Martin wrote it.  Now, the show runners are left with copying themselves copying Martin. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Drogon showing up is a reason why the Dothraki would follow her.  Just because some crazy ass khaleesi killed all the khals and is fireproof, who cares?  Cut her fucking head off.  Stab her.  A DRAGON is a reason to change your ideas on things.

Disagree. It's been established repeatedly by the show that the Dothraki follow strength. I think Dany provided a pretty emphatic show of strength by killing EVERY Khal, literally every leader they have.

3 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Disagree. It's been established repeatedly by the show that the Dothraki follow strength. I think Dany provided a pretty emphatic show of strength by killing EVERY Khal, literally every leader they have.

Yep..she pretty much just went Michael Corleone on all the rest of the 5 families asses. Good show tonight with good progression.

Holy Seven that was boring. I could barely get through the whole thing.  

Jon and Sansa: The only bearable part. Cute Hug.

Mereen: Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose. You killed Barristan Selmy for this? 

Margery: Get it girl. You're the only one I'm rooting for at this point.

Ramsay and Osha: Oh Look!  Ramsay kills Osha! D&D really had us guessing there for a moment where this story was going to go. How could we have possibly predicted that Ramsay would kill Osha? Wow. So visionary. So creative. 

King's Landing: Whyyyyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare theeeeeeeeeeeeey draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging thiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sooooooooooooooout?

Jorah and Darrio: Yay! It's the Jorah and Daario Broad Trip! "You're old Bro." (queue laugh track) 

Kingsmoot: What I considered the most boring storylines in the books is now one of the few things bearable to watch. 

Dany: My god, the shark has been jumped. Have they seriously reached the point where they have to recycle season one storylines to move forward? Dany goes into fire and doesn't burn! Simple dothraki-folk think she's a god! Now she has an army! And this one was done so much more poorly than the season one pyre. I was laughing at how corny it was. And what happened to Emilia Clarke's "no more nudity" clause. They must be desperate. Critics are wincing, the Dorne storyline is a worldwide joke, fans are fuming.... Let's show some A-list tit!

4 minutes ago, Faint said:

Can we all at least be thankful that Shireen's death will make it possible for Littlefinger to travel from the Vale to the Wall in three days? 

Someone (or someone's sacrifice) must be responsible for Baelish's teleporting skills! Way to go. Empowerment!

By the way... I pretty much spat out my drink when he arrived in the Vale and jumped out his carriage yelling "Hello, I'm back!" What the hell was that? I thought I watch a Disney musical and the creepy villain just arrived...

Next week I will have a big bottle of Absinth prepared - with a straw! 'Cause wine ain't helping anymore!:blink:

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

.Yeah, the Bri/Davos/Mel scene was bad. 

Brienne is reaching St. Tyrion levels of obnoxious.

She's going to get on Davos' case for what exactly?
What did he do that was different than Brienne was doing?
Is Brienne going to do more "justice" without her lady's permission?

5 minutes ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

Holy Seven that was boring. I could barely get through the whole thing.  

Jon and Sansa: The only bearable part. Cute Hug.

Mereen: Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose. You killed Barristan Selmy for this? 

Margery: Get it girl. You're the only one I'm rooting for at this point.

Ramsay and Osha: Oh Look!  Ramsay kills Osha! D&D really had us guessing there for a moment where this story was going to go. How could we have possibly predicted that Ramsay would kill Osha? Wow. So visionary. So creative. 

King's Landing: Whyyyyyyyyyyyy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare theeeeeeeeeeeeey draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging thiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sooooooooooooooout?

Jorah and Darrio: Yay! It's the Jorah and Daario Broad Trip! "You're old Bro." (queue laugh track) 

Kingsmoot: What I considered the most boring storylines in the books is now one of the few things bearable to watch. 

Dany: My god, the shark has been jumped. Have they seriously reached the point where they have to recycle season one storylines to move forward? Dany goes into fire and doesn't burn! Simple dothraki-folk think she's a god! Now she has an army! And this one was done so much more poorly than the season one pyre. I was laughing at how corny it was. And what happened to Emilia Clarke's "no more nudity" clause. They must be desperate. Critics are wincing, the Dorne storyline is a worldwide joke, fans are fuming.... Let's show some A-list tit!

Yes. Yes they have.

Archived