[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

2 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

They could get DORNE back and torture us with more Faullaria & The Sand Fakes - so beware!  :o)

It could have been an episode with only Dorne, King's Landing and Sam/Gilly. the horror

47 minutes ago, Nami said:

Ugh how long they're gonna drag this King's Landing plot?

It's "release my wife, I am the king", "confess" and the high sparrow telling tales of his life or spreading wisdom.

Exactly, this show would have been far more interesting if Jaime would have never gone to Dorne and just went to the Riverlands like he does in the books.  

Why even bring Osha back? She was great, but for this? We get it, Ramsay is awful, I don't even hate him anymore. He's just annoying. I'm glad Osha doesn't have to be part of this trainwreck. 

And how dead is Rickon gonna be, am I right? They're definitely killing him off with that line about Jon being the oldest Stark heir or something.

Just now, Simon Steele said:

Why even bring Osha back? She was great, but for this? We get it, Ramsay is awful, I don't even hate him anymore. He's just annoying. I'm glad Osha doesn't have to be part of this trainwreck. 

And how dead is Rickon gonna be, am I right? They're definitely killing him off with that line about Jon being the oldest Stark heir or something.

George R.R.Martin loved Natalie Tena's acting so much, he expanded her role even further - and now they get her back for what - 2 minutes of repeating her seducing techniques. Great writing indeed! We are just happy that Ramsay didn't torture and/or rape her before killing her.

1 minute ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

George R.R.Martin loved Natalie Tena's acting so much, he expanded her role even further - and now they get her back for what - 2 minutes of repeating her seducing techniques. Great writing indeed! We are just happy that Ramsay didn't torture and/or rape her before killing her.

She was great--and I can see why Martin would make that decision. I hope the books really are different and she doesn't just end up at Winterfell to be throat stabbed.

10 minutes ago, Jamie Lannister said:

That final Dany scene might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on TV. God almighty. 

Really because this season is just stealing scenes from season 1.  Jon wakes up at the end of episode 6-02 just like Bran in episode 1-02.  

Dany walks out of the flames and everyone worships her like episode 1-10.  

This shit is all just a giant rehash.  

I did however like the pink letter being introduced and I also find it interesting that Mel is referring to Jon as the Prince who is Promised, however that is a huge spoiler for book readers even though 99 percent of us thought he was anyway....which leads me to the statement below. 

Im pretty pissed at George RR Martin right now.  He just chose easy cash over all the people who were/are loyal book readers and got his ass off the ground.  How he could let this happen without getting the next book out is a spit in the face to every Ice and Fire reader.  That may not be a popular statement but it's my opinion and I stand by it.  

4 minutes ago, Nami said:

It could have been an episode with only Dorne, King's Landing and Sam/Gilly. the horror

I will blind myself when that happens! But who says they don't have that prepared for us - there is still soooooo much time to fill.

I was mostly enjoying the episode, until that last scene.

What I hated

• As I predicted in a different discussion thread, last week, the whole thing with the khals gathering to decide her fate was just to have an easy way for Dany to acquire power. But that was not enough. Instead of having Dany summon Drogon, to swoop down, in what would have been a fairly badass scene, we get the continued myth that the show likes to promote about Dany's immunity to fire. But hey, BEWBS!!! Also, the khals couldn't have had Dany bound and forced to kneel in front of them. No, they had to let her strut around and chat. Those men were not Dothraki.

What I disliked

• Yohn Royce getting bullied in his own house. I honestly expected him to die. And Littlefinger trying to fool Royce with his bullshit story, and not giving a damn about the geography of the Vale
  • Theon sky-sailing to Pyke. Alone, no food, no real winter clothing, physically weak, but he manages to get to Pyke. 
  • Apparently Euron decided to be a ghost at least until the kingsmoot.
  • Hihg Sparrow's dialogue with Margery - the guy's origins are completely irrelevant, don't need hear about it

What I was okay with

• Osha - another character bites the dust; no big surprise here, and at least we had Ramsay show a bit of cleverness
  • The Meereen scenes - the dialogue was more decent this time
  • Jorah and Daario - I hope Daario makes sure Jorah never touches Dany, or anyone else.
  • King's Landing scenes, (except the one mentioned above) mainly just because the plot is finally moving forward

What I liked

• The Sansa-Jon reunion was pretty touching.
  • Apart from a bit of silly dialogue, all of the Castle Black stuff was good.
  • Tormund eyeing Brienne. I could see this happening in the book, too, if the two somehow crossed paths.

6 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Really because this season is just stealing scenes from season 1.  Jon wakes up at the end of episode 6-02 just like Bran in episode 1-02.  

Dany walks out of the flames and everyone worships her like episode 1-10.  

This shit is all just a giant rehash.  

I did however like the pink letter being introduced and I also find it interesting that Mel is referring to Jon as the Prince who is Promised, however that is a huge spoiler for book readers even though 99 percent of us thought he was anyway....which leads me to the statement below. 

Im pretty pissed at George RR Martin right now.  He just chose easy cash over all the people who were/are loyal book readers and got his ass off the ground.  How he could let this happen without getting the next book out is a spit in the face to every Ice and Fire reader.  That may not be a popular statement but it's my opinion and I stand by it.  

I can see this, and I think I'm with you on it. It's kind of like bad fan fiction is coming out for your favorite series, and that bad fan fiction somehow has spoilers for where the future of your series is going so it is ruining it in the process. And because our series is probably never going to be finished, the fan fiction is what we are forced to read.

Daenerys: wait guys, i have a plan! Tomorrow when they take me to the khal's gathering i will just set the place on fire with the lamps and walk away to be praised, kill whatever is on the way and lock the doors.

Jorah: that sounds reasonable.

I really feel like Benioff and Weiss basically hinted that Drogon does this in the books in the inside the episode video and then tried selling it off as this being better because Daenerys does it herself. 

Personally, I think they should just admit that they needed to conserve the CGI budget. 

Archived