What three characters would you most like to see surviving the series?

1 hour ago, kimim said:

SHAME on you. Shame :)

I've always liked Stannis, but then I'm a sucker for morality tales: Will Stannis side with Davos, who believes the life of a child is "everything," or Mel, who would sacrifice every child on Westeros in return for the Iron Throne.

I have to agree, Stannis is just such a fascinating character! From his odd, introverted personality to the decisions it manifests, his whole arc has been internal conflict. The Iron Throne is his by right, but does he really want to be king? Does he listen to his most trustworthy councillor, Davos, or his wife's fiery priestess with all of her dramatic prophecies? He believes, but he doesn't, he trusts, but he can't, and he acts when he'd rather not.

I dunno, he's just always been one of the most captivating characters in the series to me. Complex, in a way you don't see in fantasy nowadays (although to be fair, most of GRRM's characters are)

That's challenging … so difficult, only 3...

Whom I REALLY would like to survive: Tyrion, Arya, Podrick (honorabile mentions: Sansa, Brienne, Bronn, Samwell and Jon, but not if Jon's survival leads to Tyrion's death like 'I can't make both of them surivive so the hero stays, the antihero has to go')

Whom I am 'sure' will survive: Jon, Sansa, Samwell (probably Arya, Brienne and Podrick will live too ) - I'm sitting on the fence about Tyrion

Whom I am 'sure' will die: Cersei, Daenerys, Jamie, Stannis, Ramsey (probably Theon)

How can I even begin to make a prediction, I would love to see Arya, Bran and Jorah.

Who I feel will actually stick around would be Jon, Dany and Tyrion. I love all six, but we know characters must die. I made obvious choices and GRRM doesn't do "obvious" so I'm probably completely wrong. 

Who I'd like and who i think will survive are quite different of course.

I'd like Tyrion to make it - he won't.

Of the central characters I'm convinced the survivors will be Bran, Arya, Sansa and Samwell.

Sam, Bran and Arya I'm very happy about, Sansa I'm a bit meh.

Other characters I'd like to survive, like Shireen, Brienne and the High Sparrow (yes!) have no chance.

Littlefinger, Tyrion, Bran, Daenerys but I doubt it.  The stories flow on like history so people you think should die don't and people who shouldn't sometimes do.  That is what makes this series so good.  I hope Euron dies at least and I really hope Lady Stonteheart if possible.

Theon, Jaime and Lancel.... cause they're the "good guys" in my top 5, the "bad guys" (Ramsay and Cersei) are so dead, and I have no problem with their deaths either, they might be among my fav characters but in a very different way then the other three, I'll probably be cheering when they die.

whether or not those three will make it... idk... I'm pretty sure Theon will, Jaime I'm on the fence about and Lancel.... well he's sadly just not important enough that his arc even counts so he could easily be sacrificed for someone else' arc, Cersei's or Jaime's perhaps...

Jaime - would love him to survive, but unfortunately I think the final step in his redemption and us - the readers falling in love with this character, is his tragic death.

Sansa - if she dies her whole storyline was for nothing.

Jorah - wishful thinking

To survive:

Arya, because she's my favorite.

Davos, with his last chapter returning to his wife and surviving children

Walder Frey, because I want the rest of his family wiped out, with him unable to get it up,  the last Frey.

To not survive: 

Cersei, in a blaze of insane glory.

Dany, same as Cersei

Petyr, because I want Sansa to shank him.

10 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Who I'd like and who i think will survive are quite different of course.

I'd like Tyrion to make it - he won't.

Of the central characters I'm convinced the survivors will be Bran, Arya, Sansa and Samwell.

Sam, Bran and Arya I'm very happy about, Sansa I'm a bit meh.

Other characters I'd like to survive, like Shireen, Brienne and the High Sparrow (yes!) have no chance.

Do you think Tyrion will get belated greyscale or how do you think he will die?

He is my fave character, I think his political marriage with Sansa would do good to Westeros (both because it would unite Lannesters and Starks and because she would make his public image better - as Maergery with Jeoffrey - and he, clever, kind to her and good at politics - would help her to become the woman she is becoming), but I'm not sure he will survive either.

I've read today on the FB tyrion lannister's page that GRRM told D&D three huge plot twists, one of them being the hodor thing, another one and finally one happening at the very end.. I'm concerned this last one might be Tyrion's death, I hope it's not but well apparently no Author has the balls the break the 'the antihero always dies' stereotype so I'm not really confident in his survival.

Archived