What three characters would you most like to see surviving the series?

And what major characters do you think will bite the dust?

Personally, the survivors I'd most like to see are:

-Stannis. The rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and the only king who bothered to do anything to help the Watch. I'd love to see him take the North from the Boltons (Davos currently being on the trail of Rickon supports this - after Stannis takes the North by force, he has the rightful heir to install in Winterfell as his Warden in the North. If Stannis takes Winterfell from the Boltons and gives it back to the Starks, I'd be really surprised if he didn't earn the support of basically every major house left). On an unproven note (or, at least, I haven't built up a proper case for it yet) I think Stannis will be Azor Ahai (but not TPwwP), but before Stannis fulfills his role as AA he will be reborn in one form or another. If Shireen does die, perhaps it isn't just to clear up the snow, but rather as Stannis' own Nissa Nissa - it's clear he bears more love for Shireen than anyone else, including his wife. I've always thought that whoever ends up being AA will not be able to fulfill their destiny without the sacrifice of a loved one, just as the original Azor Ahai did all those years ago.

-Aegon. I suppose I'm in the minority that believe Aegon is real, and the lost son of Rhaegar. While I want him to survive, however, I don't think he will reclaim the Iron Throne - rather, I think that Westeros will be ravaged by the wars to come (at best, a four way war between the Lannisters/Tyrells, Aegon, Dany and Stannis). I don't think anyone will claim the Iron Throne, and that it'll be destroyed instead (perhaps along with the rest of King's Landing). These wars will align with the coming of the Others, and by the time the wars are done and the Others are vanquished (despite the potential shades of grey the Others may possess, I do think they will be defeated in the end), there won't be many castles - or people - left to rule. Westeros could return to it's previous state, seven seperate kingdoms. Aegon might simply end up ruling the Stormlands + Dragonstone, or something along those lines. I'm not entirely sure where I think the story will go, so this is all kind of spitballing... but I would like to see Aegon survive, and not as King on the Iron Throne.

-Jorah. I've always kind of thought his was a tragic story. I don't really have a plan for where I hope he'll go, but I do hope he survives and has another part to play before this all wraps up.

As far as characters I think will die before the end.. Cersei, Tommen, one or two of the remaining trueborn Stark children (Bran/Rickon/Sansa/Arya) and either Jon or Dany have always kind of struck me as unlikely to survive. Leaning towards Sansa and Rickon as the dead Starks and Dany as the dead 'hero', but I flipflop on those.

My top three favourite characters,I do want them to survive but what I want doesn't matter...

• Jaime Lannister
  • Sansa Stark
  • Theon Greyjoy

The major characters that I think that they will not survive are

• Arya Stark
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Stannis Baratheon

Archived