(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

34 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Jon has been way more loyal to the Starks and Rickon than people give him credit for. Sansa does not deserve Jon's brothership.

Tv characters only, as if I had to clarify :thumbsup:

Thank fucking god it won't happen this way in the books.

Right. Book sansa I love. I am really disgusted with Sansa Stark Bane.

38 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Jon has every reason in the world to be pissed off at Sansa for betraying him and their dead. Jon is too good for that. He is a better brother than Sansa ever deserved. In this show, good guys finish last. Villains rule until they are replaced by another villain. From House Bolton to House Baelish will Winterfell be ruled. Damn it !

Yeah, Fansa is not exactly doing House Stark any favors. I just kept thinking poor Jon, poor Rickon. What a rotten sister.

46 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Ok -  I always hated Sansa (in the show) especially since the ending of season 3 and even more since season 4 - but now I think she really is the most self-centered & egoistic person in Westeros. An evil boss ass bitch who doesn't give a shit about her little brother - and the 2000something soldiers her halfbrother gathered rather with difficulties.

I just rewatched the episode and realized I missed a bit of dialogue between Jon and Sansa:

Jon:"...how do we get Rickon back?" Sansa: "We will never get him back..."

This is what I understand: Right, he is a lost cause anyway - why do we even care about our little brother? A probably scared little boy who is in the hands of a creepy sadist who likes to flay people.....we can't help him anymore - we are just here to have revenge for my sake... me me me me - this is all we should care about.....

I know she was mistreated by Ramsay and had a very hard time - but giving up on her little brother is cruel!

She is just awful - I bet she learned all this niceness from Littlefinger - in her brief period of what - maybe three weeks in the Vale?

And all her bloody rubbish about "I lived with him. I KNOW THE WAY HIS MIND WORKS.....I might have some insight...!?!"

What?!! Since when? Where from?

As far as show-Sansa was presented over the last 2 seasons - she got married to Ramsay and after that she was more or less locked up in her/their bedroom with only Theon to talk to - and of course the old Northern-Resistance lady who got flayed after once offering to help. That's pretty much it, right!?! How does she know so much about Ramsay, his mind when it comes to dealing with enemy armies and his battle tactics all of a sudden? I don't think he shared much of his plans or opinions with her during their marriage....

Yes. Thank you. All of this. I hate her. If that's what they wanted me to do, done.

The Jon Snow battle sequences were bar none the best cinematography in television history. I think a very good case could be made that they were better than anything in any movie ever. I guess we now know why they've been skimping on CGI and plot this year: they spent almost all of the budget in this one episode.

Watching the second time around, I noticed one very nit-picky plot hole. In the final exchange between Sansa and Ramsay, Sansa says to Ramsay, "You haven't fed the dogs for seven days." This harkens back to Ramsay's comment before the battle where he mentioned that the Stark bannermen would be fed to his dogs, who haven't eaten for seven days. One small problem: Sansa had already left at that point. In fact, Ramsay makes this comment right after Sansa left. Now, it's possible that someone could have told her that he had said that, but it's difficult to imagine a situation where that would make any sense.

My flatmate just reminded me that Sansa ALWAYS did/does selfish things to get what SHE wants - not caring much about others at all:

(I am just talking show-character now):

In season 1 she lies to protect "her golden prince" Joffrey (on the way from Winterfell to Kings Landing) instead of telling the truth and thus supporting her sister Arya. The she betrays her own father by revealing his plans to Cersei because SHE wants to stay in Kings Landing & become Joffrey's queen. Never once does she really care about Arya after her father's imprisonment and beheading. And now she basically sacrifices her brother Rickon to get her revenge on Ramsay and to get Winterfell back for herself.

I guess at this point she is probably happy about being an only-child who doesn't have to share anything with anyone anymore....

By now I think show-Sansa is worse than show-Cersei....power-mad,demanding, self-centered and vengeful ... but without much foresight.

4 minutes ago, bfin said:

Exactly. Jon was the shit tonight guys. Sorry that hurts all the haters. But wait???? Maybe it was Arya with Jon's face lol??? Some of these assholes probably wish that. Hopefully the bookies will get lucky and ole funny hat George will have Dany and Arya be kings together...obviously after Arya kills every major character in single combat...but wait the story was told from her POV and it had some much detail...god it was...life changing reading the new chapters lololol

Some free advice-snark is usually funnier if someone can make heads or tales on what you are saying.

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Either they are terrible writers or they want us to hate Sansa. They probably don't even know which of those they want themselves. Whatever.

I think their intention, which is usually fairly obvious, is that they are making Sansa ambitious.  To the point where she is selling out her family. Clearly her actions this week endangered and were thoughtless of Jon and Rickon and as a result a whole lot of Northerners died.  She is clearly building a coalition with LF and the Vale.  I can see them trying a 180 with her next week abandoning LF but any action along that line with not be consistent with her actions this week.

Just now, SerMixalot said:

I think their intention, which is usually fairly obvious, is that they are making Sansa ambitious.  To the point where she is selling out her family. Clearly her actions this week endangered and were thoughtless of Jon and Rickon and as a result a whole lot of Northerners died.  She is clearly building a coalition with LF and the Vale.  I can see them trying a 180 with her next week abandoning LF but any action along that line with not be consistent with her actions this week.

Exactly. She is now stuck with LF

- More quick cut eyesore editing

- Everything is blue so people know it's the north

- Tormund is a complete idiot because it's supposed to be funny or something

- Ramsey was the only character that behaved rationally

- Tells us there's at least 8,000 men and only shows ~1,000

- All the bodies stacking up in a wall because plot

- Wun Wun didn't even have a weapon

- Magic lucky stupid Jon

- "Let's just stand here politely while they encircle us"

- Random burning flayed bodies because spooky

- Random burning flayed bodies just disappear

- Rhaegal and Viserion just happen to know when Dany is making her move

- Muh gurl power because we can't upset the feminists

- Dany wants to burn them all but no reaving for you, you cheeky Ironborn

- You just KNOW Dany is going to team up with the sneks now

- Wooden toy survives the pyre

- Awful CGI

- Dragons burn one ship and then the masters surrender

- SotH just randomly killing civvies in front of Mereen's main gate

- No snow

- No Ghost but I guess they need to save CGI money for Dragons and Emilia Clarke's tits

- Ramsey shoots the already dying Wun Wun instead of Jon or Tormund

- Surprise cavalry saves the day because D&D don't know how else to finish a battle

- Salsa is a hero because agenda

Even daytime soap operas show more respect for their audiences' intelligence than this. The only thing going for the show is that it has a big budget. It's still complete dirt. Dab & Dabid keep outdoing themselves. If I wasn't a masochist, I would have dropped this shite 2 seasons ago.

48 minutes ago, tmug said:

I personally was not glad. I was actually curios as to how they depict a direwolf in a large battle a la Greywind.

Not even a peep from Ghost. Confirmed that the direwolves mean nothing to the series. Plenty of dragon though.

If the wolf scenes looked too stupid, I guess it is better left on the cutting room floor. 

It was "implied offscreen" that Ghost kicked ass much like Blackfish and the Waif dying. 

I was just happy that another direwolf didn't get the d$d treatment.

But how fucking stoopid was it that Rhaegal and Viserion were released by Tyrion like 5 or 6 episodes ago, but they only broke out now. What perfect plot timing and totally not predictable. :rolleyes:

Archived