[SPOILERS] Maggy the Frog

IceSyckel

Could be Dany, could be Sansa, could be Arya for all we know.

What I expect is for Dany to land in Dorne(for no reason at all), and then to march slowly towards KL.  There will apparently be battles even though all the land she will be crossing has already sworn fealty to her, but eventually she will get to Kings Landing.  Before she can take the city Cersei tries to burn it down like the Mad King, Jaime kills her but can't stop the fire and he dies with her.

10 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

What I expect is for Dany to land in Dorne(for no reason at all), and then to march slowly towards KL.  There will apparently be battles even though all the land she will be crossing has already sworn fealty to her, but eventually she will get to Kings Landing.  Before she can take the city Cersei tries to burn it down like the Mad King, Jaime kills her but can't stop the fire and he dies with her.

Haha such a pragmatic "The show's fucked"-mentality. I love it

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

This is close. I find the best tool in predicting future show plots is to pretend you are a feeble minded person who has no idea of the context in the show. Then pretend you were in a car accident and suffered brain trauma. Further, pretend you had surgery and are just coming out of anesthesia . Then try to think of a plot that is so bad you would still, in this condition, do a double take and say....wtf was that?

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Yep,  I think she will land in Dorne also.  For no reason except to shoot some girl power scenes with QOT/kinslaying snakes,and then, yes, she will slog slowly through friendly territory to give Lena max time as queen before it all blows up again in the last episode next year.  

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

What a waste of time that would be. Varys is already back with her, so she must know what went down with the Faith, Tyrells, and Crayzee Cersei and that the Crown has no allies and is ripe for the taking. It would be a cakewalk to land outside the city and just take it, which will probably lead to Cersei intentionally burning it down and Jaime aka valonqar queenslaying to prevent it.

On 6/28/2016 at 2:53 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

Maybe it's not another, maybe it is an Other. Maggy would then say: "Until there comes an Other, younger and more beautiful then you, and takes all away that you hold dear", So is a Wight Walker going to be queen?

Actually, that might be interesting.  There is a Night's Queen, after all.

On 28.6.2016 at 8:53 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

Maybe it's not another, maybe it is an Other. Maggy would then say: "Until there comes an Other, younger and more beautiful then you, and takes all away that you hold dear", So is a Wight Walker going to be queen?

I'm not sure what she is saying exactly in the show, but there aren't not many things left that Cersei is holding dear. One is Jaime and the other is her throne (if you can hold something like that dear).

I always thought the younger queen would take her children in some way, but maybe it is Jaime. I don't think the younger queen will kill Jaime, but maybe she is the reason why Jaime will kill Cersei.

On 6/28/2016 at 3:45 PM, Cas Stark said:

Yep,  I think she will land in Dorne also.  For no reason except to shoot some girl power scenes with QOT/kinslaying snakes,and then, yes, she will slog slowly through friendly territory to give Lena max time as queen before it all blows up again in the last episode next year.  

The shot of the fleet at the end showed Dornish and Tyrell ships, so it appears if they stopped in Dorne it was brief but either way they are all on their way elsewhere, presumably Kings Landing.

On 6/28/2016 at 3:17 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

On 6/28/2016 at 4:45 PM, Cas Stark said:

Actually, there is a pretty good reason for Dany to land in Dorne. 

Main reason - because its closest Westerosi port to Slaver's Bay. Since her dragons are too big for ships and still not big enough to have stamina to fly thru whole sea, most likely the ships will go near Stepstones - line of islands that used to be a landbridge from Essos to Dorne.

Second reason, it will allow her army to get itself together and be battle worthy. The only other port they can use is Dragonstone and its not a big island - for hundred thousand horseriders who need to recover from their first sea voyage. 

1 hour ago, mbuehner said:

The shot of the fleet at the end showed Dornish and Tyrell ships, so it appears if they stopped in Dorne it was brief but either way they are all on their way elsewhere, presumably Kings Landing.

I thought that was a shot of Slavers Bay, and those ship all used Hyperdrive to get back there the same way Asha got to Essos in a few hours. They had to go back to Essos after all to pick up the rest of Dany's army, she only had 200 ships and needed far more to transport all her people and horses.

3 minutes ago, Net-Viper X said:

I thought that was a shot of Slavers Bay, and those ship all used Hyperdrive to get back there the same way Asha got to Essos in a few hours. They had to go back to Essos after all to pick up the rest of Dany's army, she only had 200 ships and needed far more to transport all her people and horses.

- I don't think there is anything to suggest it was Slavers Bay.  I just rewatched it and there is no land in any of the shots, its open ocean.

- Tyrion specifically says they have enough ships with the Iron Fleet and the Masters ships. Barely enough, but barely enough is enough.

- The Dornish fleet will be very small, they havent had sea power to speak about since the Targs burned their fleet in antiquity.  The Tyrells have a strong fleet. Assuming both houses intend to bring soldiers of their own, plus supplies, its an open question how much excess capacity they would have between them anyway.

- Most importantly- there is absolutely no indication of how much time has passed. It could have been weeks, months, even years. But we DO know for certain that time has passed, because there are Tyrell ships in the fleet, and those ships had to come from High Garden and join Danys fleet wherever it is. Once you concede that some unknown length of time has passed, its kind of pointless to talk about teleporting, that shot could have been 6 months later as easily as 3 weeks.

48 minutes ago, Masha said:

Actually, there is a pretty good reason for Dany to land in Dorne. 

Main reason - because its closest Westerosi port to Slaver's Bay. Since her dragons are too big for ships and still not big enough to have stamina to fly thru whole sea, most likely the ships will go near Stepstones - line of islands that used to be a landbridge from Essos to Dorne.

Second reason, it will allow her army to get itself together and be battle worthy. The only other port they can use is Dragonstone and its not a big island - for hundred thousand horseriders who need to recover from their first sea voyage. 

I don't think so.

Maybe a short stop to take supplies, but with such an army, one should attack the heart of the enemy -> Queen's Landing (formerly known as Kings Landing...)
Why let your army land in Dorne and then walk / ride all the way to Kings Landing? With Dorne and the Reach on your side, there is also no danger geting caught in the rear. The flying lizards can easily clean a strip on the shore to land yor army safe and close to the city. The fleet will close the port. You don't even need to bother with building siege equipement - some "Dracarys"-flights over the city and i doubt anyone dares NOT to open the gates...

1 minute ago, The Chequered Raven said:

I don't think so.

Maybe a short stop to take supplies, but with such an army, one should attack the heart of the enemy -> Queen's Landing (formerly known as Kings Landing...)
Why let your army land in Dorne and then walk / ride all the way to Kings Landing? With Dorne and the Reach on your side, there is also no danger geting caught in the rear. The flying lizards can easily clean a strip on the shore to land yor army safe and close to the city. The fleet will close the port. You don't even need to bother with building siege equipement - some "Dracarys"-flights over the city and i doubt anyone dares NOT to open the gates...

Going to KL straight away is a bad idea.  Here are my reasons:

First, while Dany certainly has her ships, unless she is willing to burn down the town with her dragons, she cannot handle a naval attack. She basically has perhaps a fleet of 100 (Iron-born) ships ready for battle and are still overloaded with passangers/horses, the rest are minimally manned and mostly overloaded with useless passengers. Dorthraki and Unsullied are a burden on the ships, they are a strong land-force. She must land first, and going straight to KL will present same problem as it did Stannis - he had a LOT of problems just getting his army onshore. IF Dany going to KL on attack, she will squander her advantage. She doesn't have a good mainland location south of KL to land on other than Dorne. (Stormlands are notoriously full of storms and hard to land on)

Secondly, even if Dany somehow managers to land and her landlubber passangers (Dothraki) need at least several hours/days to recover from long voyage and get themselves in formation. 

Thirdly, going full naval attack on KL will force Dany to fall prey to Euron's trap, who would have a thousand ships and will be probably allied with Cersei by then.

On 28.6.2016 at 9:17 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

i dont think arya is anywhere near being more beautiful than cersei... :D

25 minutes ago, Masha said:

Going to KL straight away is a bad idea.  Here are my reasons:

I agree, but there are other options as well. Dragonstone would be a good jumping off point (and historically relevant), or the Stormlands (thats what Connington did certainly). There's no truly 'safe' option, and landing in Dorne has its own risk- it gives Cerci time to consolidate her power and resources and fight the length of Westeros.

I would say the best options would be to grab Storms End and use it as a base. From there you can attack KL from land and sea together (as Stannis did). It also connects you to Dorne and the Reach nicely, so your supply and reinforcement situation is excellent.

Definitely Dany or Sansa.

What I want to know is why did they leave out the valonqar bit of the prophesy? It would have taken five seconds. That was a purposeful decision. Did they think it would be too confusing for the audience? Will her death play out differently in the show? 

This leaves open the possibility that it's not a 'little brother' at all in the show who will kill her.

Archived