NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

To be clear, because sperry was a bit vague with his last, I make exception for the likes of Galette when it comes to injuries. I wish them on none but the most disgusting of persons. Others I've wished misfortune upon would include Ray Rice and Greg Hardy.

Hardy lived in my apartment building a few years ago.  Dude was an asshole.  Always parked his car in handicap spots.

Just now, briantw said:

Hardy lived in my apartment building a few years ago.  Dude was an asshole.  Always parked his car in handicap spots.

Holy shit, really? I have no difficulty believing that.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Holy shit, really? I have no difficulty believing that.

Yeah, he was a douche.  Car was expensive (don't remember the brand offhand, as it was a while ago), but beat to hell.

55 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Possible line of the century

"It's not like I put Aldon Smith"

WHAT AN IDIOT. 

I was listening to Jim Rome on the radio yesterday, and he played that audio a number of times. It boggles the mind how little these guys seem to understand Social Media.  

17 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah he could make that Raiders D something formidable if he'd get his shit straight. What a bummer.

Agreed, but you missed my bad pun :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

WHAT AN IDIOT. 

It's still not as dumb as when he made a fake bomb threat at a freaking airport. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

It's still not as dumb as when he made a fake bomb threat at a freaking airport. 

Solid point. The guy has basically shown himself to be a world class moron at this point. Sad to say that the 49ers actually made the right move bailing on him when they did. So much on field talent combined with a complete lack of common sense.

15 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Solid point. The guy has basically shown himself to be a world class moron at this point. Sad to say that the 49ers actually made the right move bailing on him when they did. So much on field talent combined with a complete lack of common sense.

Agreed. He went from having a potential HoF career to probably being broke by 30. Maybe we'll get a good 30 for 30 out of it in a few years. 

20 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I don't see why it wouldn't. Bell is taking the common defensive approach to a looming 4 game suspension.  I wouldn't take it seriously. I see John Clayton stated that the tester has to prove that he made a strong effort to contact Bell. This whole BS about getting a new cell phone is crap. Same thing brady said about throwing his phone away. The cell phone excuse is low hanging fruit, and won't hold up. I'm curious if the tester tries to reach out to the agent if the player isn't responding? Surely the agent would have the current phone number of Bell since they both depend on each other to make money. Does the tester have the responsibility to reach out to all possible avenues when a testee is unresponsive? These guys do have to be babied it seems. 

Either or, I think Bell will sit for 4 games. If Tomlin had a shred of integrity he would make Bell sit for more. He acts like such a hard ass but never backs up that bravado he shows in press conferences.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah this one sucks as a Cowboy fan. They spent a second rounder on this guy based on interviews and on field talent. Chose to take the risk and looks like this one was a miss. That said, I have no problem with the fact that they drafted him if the only issue was the drug test. If he had arrest issues or violent issues then I would be more disappointed. Sounds like he may have some mental issue, if so then I hope Dallas sticks with him.

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah this one sucks as a Cowboy fan. They spent a second rounder on this guy based on interviews and on field talent. Chose to take the risk and looks like this one was a miss. That said, I have no problem with the fact that they drafted him if the only issue was the drug test. If he had arrest issues or violent issues then I would be more disappointed. Sounds like he may have some mental issue, if so then I hope Dallas sticks with him.

He failed a drug test at the combine. That alone would have been disqualifying for me if I was a GM. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He failed a drug test at the combine. That alone would have been disqualifying for me if I was a GM. 

We all see things differently.

The NFL dishes out pain pills like they are skittles and yet punishes people for using something that is proven to ease pain and is more natural with less side effects. A little too hypocritical for me.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

We all see things differently.

The NFL dishes out pain pills like they are skittles and yet punishes people for using something that is proven to ease pain and is more natural with less side effects. A little too hypocritical for me.

I have no issue with him sparking up in a vacuum. Frankly, I think it should be legal in all 50 states. My issue here is he knew he had a drug test coming up and couldn't show any discipline. You don't draft that guy. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have no issue with him sparking up in a vacuum. Frankly, I think it should be legal in all 50 states. My issue here is he knew he had a drug test coming up and couldn't show any discipline. You don't draft that guy. 

True, that's where the mental issue comes in. There were several articles leading up to the draft talking about unspecified mental toughness or mental acuity concerns for him.

The Cowboys also accomplish a feat I didn't know was even a real thing.  Apparently if you have 3 suspended players at the same time you have to pay a fine.  In this case, it is Demarcus Lawrence, Gregory, and Rolando McClain for $250K. 

Well Done

5 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

And Rapsheet just broke the Fitzpatrick news on total access. Looks like he's coming back. Never thought Fitz would command a 'Breaking News' opening on an NFL program.

Glad I'm not the only one who refers to him as Rapsheet. 12 mill with 3 more available in bonus is pretty good. Good enough to come back at least.

12 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

The Cowboys also accomplish a feat I didn't know was even a real thing.  Apparently if you have 3 suspended players at the same time you have to pay a fine.  In this case, it is Demarcus Lawrence, Gregory, and Rolando McClain for $250K. 

Well Done

If you do something do it with style.

Archived