NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

21 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Good to see you live. In case you were hoping for Arthur Jones to finally earn some of that money he's been getting I thought you'd like to know that he's been suspended 4 games for PEDs.

In solidarity with his brother Jon. How heartwarming.

Late to the show with the latest Steelers shame.  Annoying to hear about Bell following down the Martavis Bryant and Josh Gordon path. It pains me to know we have the best offense in the league on paper but these guys can never all be on the field together because they are either hurt or bomb drug tests. D-Williams proved last year that he is a solid back up, and I think the addition of Ladarius Green will help Ben out. 

I'm not sure where this leaves us with a new Bell contract. I know he's been dropping hot bars on his mixtape about 15 mill a year, but he's on the field 50% of the time. Things against him are the knee injuries and drug tests.  His pros are his age (24) and talent. We'll see what side bares more weight.

^^^^

He's totally turning my first round drafting strategy on its' head. I was pretty steadily able to grab him as late as 7-9th pick in the first round prior to this. Not sure where to rate him now. I'm loathe to burn a 2nd-3rd round pick on a guy I can't use for a month. On top of that, he seems like a Josh Gordon level risk at this point. What's to say he doesn't pull this crap during the season? Fuck. One less blue chip, bell cow back to choose from, and there weren't many to begin with. 

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

^^^^

He's totally turning my first round drafting strategy on its' head. I was pretty steadily able to grab him as late as 7-9th pick in the first round prior to this. Not sure where to rate him now. I'm loathe to burn a 2nd-3rd round pick on a guy I can't use for a month. On top of that, he seems like a Josh Gordon level risk at this point. What's to say he doesn't pull this crap during the season? Fuck. One less blue chip, bell cow back to choose from, and there weren't many to begin with. 

Yeah backs are so risky to take now because most teams use a RBBC, or its the year the back is over the hill and under-performs, or it's the year they get the big acl tear. Such a risky position to draft. Bell is nice cause he could easily catch 80 balls a season if he could play even 14 games. Add that with the rushing and he's the best fantasy option at running back. But yeah, missing the first month is hard to justify a 2nd-3rd round pick. I think receivers are now the way to go early on. It's been a passing league for a few years now. More guys breaking the 100 catch mark than a decade ago.

On 7/23/2016 at 9:01 AM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Good to see you live. In case you were hoping for Arthur Jones to finally earn some of that money he's been getting I thought you'd like to know that he's been suspended 4 games for PEDs.

You'll see more of me come September.....

I had zero expectation from Jones; so I am not disappointed.

Josh Gordon Reinstated, Suspended 4 games.

Gordon's four-game suspension will begin just before Week 1 in September. The good news for Gordon is that Goodell will be cutting him a break during his suspension. Once the suspension begins, Gordon will be allowed to attend team meetings, according to NFL.com.

Hope he can get things together.  Would be cool if he and RG3 could help each other rekindle their sputtering NFL careers, although I wouldn't count on it. 

22 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Hope he can get things together.  Would be cool if he and RG3 could help each other rekindle their sputtering NFL careers, although I wouldn't count on it. 

Yeah I hope Gordon gets it together as well. He has a way higher ceiling than RG3. Griffin could certainly benefit from Gordon's skills.  I see at the bottom of that link that Gordon is still hanging around with Manziel. Boy I hope Gordon can ditch that guy.  You see all of these documentaries come out about guys who never lived up to the hype because of off the field issues, and it seems that they all have the common denominator of bozo friends that brought them down. Gordon is accountable for his own actions but he cannot hang around that ass clown Manziel and stay clean off the field. Hope he drops that loser.  Gordon has real talent.

14 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

In a bit of good news, Junior Galette has torn his other Achilles tendon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676612/article/redskins-junior-galette-tears-achilles-out-for-season

I consider Galette a woman beating scumbag, but cheering for injuries is just messed up. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Yay! Sticky Fingerz is finally free to light up his opponents and smoke every DB in the league. 

Surprise, surprise, the nfl has cleared Fetushead of using performance enhancing drugs stemming from that Al-Jazeera report...but they haven't cleared any current players who were mentioned in the report, not the focus of it like Manning was. Can't wait to see how quickly this spirals out of control. 

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

His career took a disappointing turn. He was the bomb when he was on the field. 

Yeah he could make that Raiders D something formidable if he'd get his shit straight. What a bummer.

To be clear, because sperry was a bit vague with his last, I make exception for the likes of Galette when it comes to injuries. I wish them on none but the most disgusting of persons. Others I've wished misfortune upon would include Ray Rice and Greg Hardy.

Archived