NFL 2016 Offseason: THIS Is The Year!

Jace, Extat

Glad to see Fitzpatrick and the Jets finally agreed to a deal; 1 year/$12 million (with another $3 million in incentives). Considering the amount of money he was asking for, I think a 1 year deal is probably for the best, to find out if last year was just a fluke, but committing to a longterm contract. At the same time, the Jets had no other good options for QB and it would've been too depressing to regress with Geno after last year's successes (even if they ultimately fell short of the playoffs).

This season is gonna be tough though. The Jets are tied for the 7th toughest schedule, with

vs. Jacksonville, @Washington, vs. Giants, @ Philly, vs. Cincinnati, @Buffalo, @Kansas City, vs. Seattle, @Pittsburgh, @Arizona, vs. Baltimore, @Cleveland, @Miami, vs. Los Angeles (so cool to be able to type that), vs. New England, vs. Indy, @San Fran, @New England, vs. Buffalo

That's one hell of a thing to get through.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Now what do the Jets do with Geno? You can't keep him, Petty and Hackenberg at the same time.

I suspect Geno stays as the primary backup for now and that Petty is the odd man out. Hackenberg gets practice reps and if he looks good enough maybe takes the backup role from Geno. This is the last year of Geno's contract, and he'll be gone after this season.

Unless the Jets really like Petty, in which case maybe the Jets try to find a team willing to take Geno for a 5th rounder or something in the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure its too late at this point to cut Geno without taking the cap hit, so I don't think that'll happen.

49 minutes ago, Fez said:

I suspect Geno stays as the primary backup for now and that Petty is the odd man out. Hackenberg gets practice reps and if he looks good enough maybe takes the backup role from Geno. This is the last year of Geno's contract, and he'll be gone after this season.

Unless the Jets really like Petty, in which case maybe the Jets try to find a team willing to take Geno for a 5th rounder or something in the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure its too late at this point to cut Geno without taking the cap hit, so I don't think that'll happen.

This is probably correct. I think they'd prefer to keep Petty over Geno, but that would leave them without a ready backup, should Fitz get hurt. $10 says that if they cut Petty, BB would scoop him up.  

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:35 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

The Cowboys also accomplish a feat I didn't know was even a real thing.  Apparently if you have 3 suspended players at the same time you have to pay a fine.  In this case, it is Demarcus Lawrence, Gregory, and Rolando McClain for $250K. 

Well Done

Steelers might not be far behind, Bell, Martavious and....player to be named later!

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is he under your domain? 

And my awful athlete quote is better :P

#143days 

Unlike the Jets I have a shred of self respect. So no.

5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Arian Foster to start training camp on the PUP list...that didn't take long.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

God really hates him. 

I'm ruined! RUINED!!! Why did I buy so much interest in his contract!?!

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm ruined! RUINED!!! Why did I buy so much interest in his contract!?!

I've got some Cloud Insurance you might be interested in Jace. 

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Bill Simmons Wins Ruling Over Micheal Rapaport Regarding Deflategate Controversy...

Love me some Rapaport, but man Simmons really needs to let go of deflategate.

49 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Love me some Rapaport, but man Simmons really needs to let go of deflategate.

The exchange between Bill Burr and Rapaport on his I am Rapaport podcast regarding deflategate was hilarious. I think in this case, Rapaport initiated the exchange. He loves hammering Boston sportsfans.  

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The exchange between Bill Burr and Rapaport on his I am Rapaport podcast regarding deflategate was hilarious. I think in this case, Rapaport initiated the exchange. He loves hammering Boston sportsfans.  

Just thought I'd throw up a link for this. Epic rants by both guys. It's episode #68 if the link doesn't take you directly to the specific podcast.

http://www.iamrapaport.com/

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Uh oh! DeAndre Hopkins is holding out with two years left on his rookie deal! 

I can't wait to see what happens when the cba is up with how the union will want to handle structuring contracts. Should be a hot mess. At least Hopkins isnt be as ridiculous as Joey Bust Bosa.

Archived